It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning gets Knotted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

i see what you mean , that part of the fork of lightning was travelling perpendicular to the camera's lense , and we was getting a satalite view of it so to speak , interesting , note that i was pointing the camera slight upwards say 5-10 degrees , given that we are then viewing it at this mildly angled viewpoint to ground plain , would the bolt not show signs of this tunneled perspective within the clouds behind , i dont notice any illumination from the serrounding clouds as that part of the bolt was travelling towards us , wouldnt there be at least a cone of illumination in the clouds above ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: macenroe82

cheers macenroe82 , next time ill try it with a lightning rod , gets some macro shots

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

you mean like a plasma vortex, the water get wrapped up in the positive feelers, then explodes when the main charge hits that spot ?

i guess its as plausible as the many other suggestions so far

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

indeed very plausible ,im sure its happened many times , but what of the illumination of said bolt ? im just not seeing the clouds illuminated by this above that point where the zig and zags converge

anyway, smells like im repeating myself . or something repeating within me

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Is that not just where the positive charge (streamer) from the ground meets the negative from the cloud?

It happens around 150 feet, so that looks about right

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

indeed thats a possibilty , i was watching some lightning videos of these upward lightning bolts last night , i suppose it could be that ,i ve captured one coming from below to meet one from above , but if thats the case and its coming from the ground , then why is it coming in from the side to meet the one from the left ? ide figure it would take more of a direct route than we can see , i guess it could have arced from upwards to leftwards just out of shot .. seems like this lightning was taking a guided tour of the sky before grounding itself .

shame it was peeing it down , i would have gone outside

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Because the one coming from the left is attracting several on the ground and the one from the right passed the finish line first I guess.....

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

any idear's on the cost of them slow mo cameras with a wide angles lenses ?

it be great to get the whole race within shot , framerate rate through the proverbial cloud ceiling

something that can do

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Your second video is perfect quality. I see what you mean by the knot lingering after the rest of the strike diminishes.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

yes i thought that was odd , it being that last remaining visual imprint , fades out so very very quick , ide say like lighning but im choosing a nutrino's fart instead

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
lightning goes two ways!

earthscience.stackexchange.com... 580/why-does-lightning-strike-from-the-ground-up

Fascinating subject!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

weird everytime i tried to type in the question -580/why-does-lightning-strike-from-the-ground-up - it kept asking me if i was a bot , anyway , after many times of checking the check box no joy , i cant find the answer to that question on that site.

anyway cant search any further, i must get oiled and have my robotic tenticle's wire brushed

funbox

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

That was interesting how it was the last bit of lightning fluff to fade away into the "place where electricity goes to die". Wondering if anyone has ever captured one of those knots on tape like you did, one as intricate and fading out like it does, then slowed it down and zoomed in to share it with the world (as someone will probably tweet or sqyeett or whatever is the new in-social way of gabbing about yourself). This may be the best of the breed, or at least tied. Thanks for sharing it with us ATS low-lives/high-livin'folk first.

edit on 7-7-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

indeed , thats what made me think something re-stabilized after the strike, a blurd of prey may have been in the vacinity , wallop, then restabalised/vapourised

couldnt see any falling feather or Klingons afterwards though

as for the 2 days of bogging up my bandwidth , no worries ,it was worrth every penny to see all your bewildered and varied comments

its still stikes me as a bit odd

funbox

edit on 7-7-2015 by funbox because: wookiewolves

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's riding the lighning!

Some accounts speak of the creatures having wings, or having multiple tails. They are quite often dramatically depicted as being wreathed in crackling tendrils of lightning, and their voices were said to boom like thunder. Raijū were said to descend to the earth upon lightning bolts, to ride atop lighting, or to travel about in hovering balls of lightning.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

are you suggesting electricity has sentience?

*a few neurons fire up in funbox's brain*

would then, this transformation, as your quote suggests, be suggestive of attempts to communicate?

interesting postulation

funbox

edit on 7-10-2015 by funbox because: electric wolves aspy a distant gifjuice well

top topics

<< 1   >>

join