It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning gets Knotted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
But around what ?

take a butchers at this picture

fullsize

and the whole sequence

and a slowed down version , 2% of orginal 1:36 for zoomed in

to me the lightning seems to arc many times around , well, whatevers there. could a bird or bug create such divergence in the bolts path ?

i think in the slowed video, i see the tracer follow the same ,interupted path , then the main charge follow the same divergence.

invisable something ? i saw nothing fall afterwards , or anything noticable in the sky , albiet the window was heavily coated in rain,
in the video theres is a noticable after glow to that point

was there a U.F.O taking a hit ?

*gets the umbrella for the rain thats to come*

funbox

edit on 5-7-2015 by funbox because: Wrong video

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've seen lightning split and then join back together many times. I think that is completely natural footage .

But when I enlarged the picture I applied a inkblot test to it. Does anybody else see what I see ?

edit on 5-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

take a butchers at this picture 

I wish I knew how.
But I think it is caused by sheets of rain in the area of the 'knots'.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It happens, I guess. The channel of ionized air gets pushed around. Wind gusts, maybe.
www.123rf.com...
gallery.saskatooncameraclub.com...
2.bp.blogspot.com...
www.tylerchristianphotography.com...
scitechdaily.com...

edit on 7/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

well its a first for me , my understanding was that electricity takes a path of least resistance , and via the footage, moreso the 2% slowed down footage, if you've had a chance to view, shows something interefering with this , least resistance rule, and a feint afterglow of where it was ,

yep, others have seen that no no area that you see

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

yep, others have seen that no no area that you see

Yeah I can't back what I've seen with any proof.

But I was glad you saw what I saw in the lightning bolt. I was beginning to think everyone was right and I do have a dirty mind ! Lol

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I just learned through the grapevine that you took this video yourself, that it's a funbox original. Nice work. From the comments above it has been captured on film before, but maybe not exactly like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

could be , it was seriously bucketing it down at the time , but how would we see this interaction , would the arcs repatedly encompass the water or just pass through once ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

cheers for the search , some great pictures , but nothing i feel that reproduces that which ive highlighted in the video , the arlington shot shows twisting bolts that entwine , not merge as they appear to do, in quite a local space ,ide say the spot in question would cover a fingernail at arms lenght

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

indeed , this very afternoon whilst chatting with ArMaP and Eric on the Anomolies thread, the sky suddenly went dark , so i lurched for the camera

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

with eyesite like yours, im surprised that dirty mind hasnt sent you blind

capturing lightning well ,has been something ive been trying to do for a while , getting proof of something, with it is as hit and miss as trying to capture a sprite

funbox

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

but nothing i feel that reproduces that which ive highlighted in the video ,

Hard to say, considering video compression artifacts and those produced by your "zooming" algorithm.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: butcherguy

could be , it was seriously bucketing it down at the time , but how would we see this interaction , would the arcs repatedly encompass the water or just pass through once ?

funbox

Strong up drafts in a thunderstorm can cause turbulence, setting up something similar to a vortex in the sheets of rain.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The answer is simple it's not winds or some strange occurence. Lightning is three-dimensional- it 'zigs' and 'zags' in all directions. Most of the time, you'll view a lightning channel from the side, and it'll appear to travel in one general direction only. However, if that lightning bolt (or part of the lightning bolt) is coming straight at you (that is, you are looking at it from one end), it will appear to loop back on itself, sometimes even appearing go back upwards. This is your knot you are just not at the right angle to see it and from your position it creates a knot (also the glow you see). The human eye is easy to deceive without references to make conparisons. That's what magic is all about confuse the eye.

One more thing very cool picture nice catch. Nature's own optical illusion..

edit on 7/6/15 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Good catch FunBox !

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

well its a first for me , my understanding was that electricity takes a path of least resistance , and via the footage, moreso the 2% slowed down footage, if you've had a chance to view, shows something interefering with this , least resistance rule, and a feint afterglow of where it was ,

The "path of least resistance" does not necessarily mean the shortest path. That's obvious when we see the jagged path lightning takes -- i.e., it is not a straight line.

This is an example of taking that jagged path to some extremes, but it is still a jagged path that offers the least resistance, even though it is not the shortest. The path that offers the electrical charge the least resistance could be a circuitous one.

edit on 7/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
cheers for the replys peeps ,

ill get around to more personal replys when ive finished the next video, i realised that in my haste last night the video is of a lower quality than intended , im taking the slow down portion and reuploading it in glourious HD at 50 frames per second

so far its pushed a over a gigabyte at 50% rendered

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

as with the mars photos all transforms are based on the square.

those bigger pixels again , but the next upload should be much higher quality

original file info :

funbox

edit on 6-7-2015 by funbox because: grammer wolves

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
1.4 gig later..

funbox

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

and another without zoomed window