It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian Sun God Ra in Commercials --- Can't believe these are allowed!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
obviously created by the same folks that think public education means watching a Simpsons marathon

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Allowed by whom or what?

Our reptilian overlords?

Illuminati sun worshipers?

The devil worshiping masons, Oh wait, I think they would approve of this if the choice was theirs.

George Bush?

Obama?

Hillary?

Well the last three could be a part of the reptilian crew overseeing things here,

Oops I see someone else has already mentioned the Illuminati,

I retract them and am going with Our reptilian overlords

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Q: What will Ra say when the sun reaches the end of its life and becomes a black hole?

A: Well this sucks.

edit on 8/7/2015 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I cannot believe crosses and Christian symbols are allowed to be used in commercials...

I have even seen advertisements for actual churches!

*Gasp*

Heaven forbid that an energy company use a historical symbol, such as the Egyptian Sun deity, in an advertisement.

Call a crusade!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Saurus

You step in after months, and THIS is what you open with?
Damnit man.

Just kidding. Hope all is well brother!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Im surprised it not Jesus, Buddha or the other Hindu Gods.

And judging by this older commercial, the King of Olympus seems to be enjoying the attention.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I couldn't help myself! :-)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
hah , here they hide even the mummy *amorc)
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I find the ads disgusting, enough so that if I was in the market for solar panels (and/or whatever else they sell), I would intentionally seek out their competitors.

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: N0mDeGuerre
I find the ads disgusting, enough so that if I was in the market for solar panels (and/or whatever else they sell), I would intentionally seek out their competitors.

What exactly do you find "disgusting" about a well-done, humorous marketing campaign?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
What's wrong with worshipping the Sun? The Sun is a life-giving property. It literally helped create us. The only reasons you should have to hate on the Sun or Sun worship is if. . .

A. You don't think scientifically and thus, do not appreciate the importance of the Sun.
B. You're a Christian who's been duped into hating Paganism.
C. You have a bias from being an over the top conspiracy theorist, so you ignorantly hate anything you associate with the ruling elite.

"Our ancestors worshipped the Sun, and they were far from foolish... If we must worship a power greater than ourselves, does it not make sense to revere the Sun and stars?" (Carl Sagan, Cosmos, New York: Random House, 1980, p. 243)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
"quicquid nitet notandum" - Whatever shines must be observed.

I think nobody sees the sun as a deity anymore - science has just about convinced all mankind that the sun is a huge fireball consisting of 71% hydrogen, 27% helium and 2% heavier elements. It seems bizarre to worship a ball of gas.

However, those that worship the sun treat it as an avatar - the visible form of God that one can see every day.
Not everyone can relate to an abstract God that is up there in the clouds - many need something more tangible - an avatar.

We often look at a photo of a loved one who has passed on with fondness - but we all understand that the photo is simply a tool by which we can attach our emotions/spirit to the person who has passed on. Similarly, worshipers of the sun need a tangible emotional/spiritual link to God - they know it's not God, but they can better relate to God through it.

Many, many people cannot relate to an abstract God - it's just too much to constantly accept without having something tangible. Eventually, they simply stop believing. On the other hand, for those that choose something tangible as a visible form of God that one can see every day, such as the sun, it is much harder to lose that belief in God. How then can it be a bad thing?

edit on 31/8/2015 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join