It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Executive order ends state of emergency regarding Russian weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
On may 26th Obama put through his executive order regarding the end of national emergency and Russian nuclear weapon buildup. A state of emergency was declared in June 2012 referring to the build up of nuclear arms by the Soviet union. Finally this emergency has been ended. But why now?
Is it not too long ago executive orders and sanctions were pushing us towards a possible war with russia. Is it not true the US have openly claimed the Russians aggressive tactics are steps towards war.
If this is truly what the us government believes then why are they ending a state of emergency?
Is it possible those in power are playing a part to create fear and control around the world? War I'd big business.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969
On may 26th Obama put through his executive order regarding the end of national emergency and Russian nuclear weapon buildup. A state of emergency was declared in June 2012 referring to the build up of nuclear arms by the Soviet union. Finally this emergency has been ended. But why now?
Is it not too long ago executive orders and sanctions were pushing us towards a possible war with russia. Is it not true the US have openly claimed the Russians aggressive tactics are steps towards war.
If this is truly what the us government believes then why are they ending a state of emergency?
Is it possible those in power are playing a part to create fear and control around the world? War I'd big business.

My guess is they are likely drawing up another one. I read the one you mentioned sometime last week. It was put in place when Clinton was in office, so it wasn't in regards to the current situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Perhaps the lame duck no longer has anything to gain from rattling his saber, and doesn't want to be "that guy", who blows up the world.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe
I agree, Nothing is better than a shiny new EO with harsh language and the media circus's rhetoric. State of emergency Pfffftt.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

How many state of emergencies do we currently have......????. TPTB love using fear because it really motivates and enslaves the people. FEAR........FEAR.....FEAR.....is what we should all really worry about.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

How many state of emergencies do we currently have......????. TPTB love using fear because it really motivates and enslaves the people. FEAR........FEAR.....FEAR.....is what we should all really worry about.

Well the OP is talking about one that was just ended.....so your post is a bit strange.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The Executive order has been in place since 2000 and was extended by Obama when he took office.

EO - Executive Order--Russian Highly Enriched Uranium

"that the risk of nuclear proliferation created by the accumulation of a large volume of weapons-usable fissile material in the territory of the Russian Federation continues to constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat."

Here is the background. -

The original order was signed by former President Bill Clinton in 2000 and was to protect payments that the U. S. made to the Russian Federation under the agreement between the two governments concerning the Disposition of Highly Enriched Uranium Extracted from Nuclear Weapons, or what is commonly referred to as HEU Agreements.

Under these agreements, the U. S. pays the Russian Federation to convert approximately 500 metric tons of highly enriched uranium that is left in Russia after the collapse of the Soviet Union into low-enriched uranium to be used as fuel in commercial nuclear reactors.

The agreement was scheduled to end in 2013.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I think that it's more likely that relations with Russia are cooling based on diplomacy between the two nations. These sort of decisions are often symbolic, and have more meaning for the other country than the country taking the action. Once the butthurt is out of the way, it's easier to get down to business.
edit on 5-7-2015 by rationalconsumer because: grammar

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Well the OP is talking about one that was just ended.....so your post is a bit strange.

Actually it is right on the money.........They put these states of emergency into place to curb public opinion and insight fear to further a political motive.

It was never a state of emergency...........I was making a social commentary on the use of these so called emergencies.
edit on 5-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This recent piece of paper and policy change does nothing. It is part of the illusion our government is trying to create. I wonder what they are up to now?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
This recent piece of paper and policy change does nothing. It is part of the illusion our government is trying to create. I wonder what they are up to now?

Bingo......You are right on the money.....These emergencies are not really emergencies but tools of control.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yep, this was 20 year program that had the US buying uranium from Russia that had be converted from weapons grade to commercial grade. This was to keep it from being sold at weapons grade to other countries. However a serious of lawsuits against Russia's assets were slowing the process so in 2000 an executive order declaring this program an emergency allowed to it to move on be completed in 2013.

So what does this mean to us today? Nothing, it is simply paper keeping update. The program worked and was completed a couple of years ago. So the EO was doing nothing. Now it has simply been removed.

So no it not nor was it ever something done to scare people, the exact opposite in fact.
edit on 5-7-2015 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Yep, this was 20 year program that had the US buying uranium from Russia that had be converted from weapons grade to commercial grade. This was to keep it from being sold at weapons grade to other countries. However a serious of lawsuits against Russia's assets were slowing the process so in 2000 an executive order declaring this program an emergency allowed to it to move on be completed in 2013.

So what does this mean to us today? Nothing, it is simply paper keeping update. The program worked and was completed a couple of years ago. So the EO was doing nothing. Now it has simply been removed.

So no it not nor was it ever something done to scare people, the exact opposite in fact.

Your commonsense insight is refreshing.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2015 by politicagrrrl because: weird indentation problem

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I was sitting outside with a cold beer, watching people shoot off their illegal fireworks, cuddling with my lady not too long ago. I felt afraid and enslaved..

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
It draws attention to the issue, either way....a "reminder" of sorts.

Q: Why lower the treat level?
A: So you can raise it again.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: liteonit6969

This article by Paul Craig Roberts explains a lot.

Article

cheers

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
It draws attention to the issue, either way....a "reminder" of sorts.

Q: Why lower the treat level?
A: So you can raise it again.

It was not a threat level. It was an EO so that the US deal to buy Russia's uranium would be exempt from the lawsuits against Russia's assets at the time. The deal was for 20 years and completed in 2013. So the EO was no longer doing anything and needed to be canceled. There is no threat level to raise or lower.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it. State of emergency means the US government can operate a program at a loss. In this case they have been buying weapons grade spending lots of money to downgrade and sell it. This was the government way of waisting money for a cause they believed necessary for national security. By ending this the US discontinued the program.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Sorry to disappoint - but as of 22 October last year there were 30 existing states of emergency, dating back to Jimmy Carter in 1979!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join