It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece votes 'no' to EU bail out - GREXIT?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Great idea!

The world should rally around the Greeks.

Get the Russians and Chinese involved to help them break the stranglehold of the wretched international bankers( those who did the 2007-8 depression and (thanks mainly to Obama) never got jailed for it.

I applaud the brave Greek people and would be glad to participate in helping them in their valiant war against the elite devils of this earth

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Im just sat here watching the Euro slide against the GBP and USD on xe.com, how low will it go

Im so glad the UK didn't adopt the Euro currency.
edit on 5-7-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Yes tax evasions happens in all countries to different degrees.

However Britain in not running to The European Central Bank for loans, is it?

Greece is.

Britain is not that far off guys.......Many other countries sit in this debt based fiat currency driven central banking controlled illusion of a free system.

Greece is just the slowest runner as the bear comes a chasing.......China is running pretty darn slow also.....

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

a reply to: Dr1Akula

I will repeat it yet again. The Greeks caused their own problems

The International Monetary Fund and Greece’s other creditors have argued for years that the country’s debt crisis could be largely resolved if the government just cracked down on tax evasion.

www.wsj.com...

This is like trying to pass RT, or CNN propaganda as truth, sure the creditors would say that!
There is a reason no Greek knew about the debt prior to 2011 when was the first bailout to the Greek banks
, the debt tripled since then, Since the IMF trying to ''s(l)ave '' Greece for the first time in 2011.

Coincidence again?
I know the propaganda spewed very well, I don't need a playback thank you...
edit on SunSun, 05 Jul 2015 15:56:10 -05001PMk000000Sundaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'll be back guys I am missing all the fun trying to answer.. cu soon

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They will, but consider - they also voted for the government social democracy that sunk them into this debt by trying to give them all those nice public sector perks they couldn't pay for.

Everyone was all for the party until the bills came due. Unless you can show me that the people had this done to them against their wishes with no votes on their part, then it is partially their doing over the long haul.

When the bill comes due for us, are you similarly going to deny we kept voting for the handout government?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

From one of your own publications.

The shadow economy is a multifunctional economic and social phenomenon with serious consequences in many aspects of the everyday life (economic, political, social, etc.)

excellence.minedu.gov.gr...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Oh.....Crap this could be bad for the worlds economies........This is bigger than any bank failure. I am not sure if they made the right choice or not.

Not really they make up only 2% of the EU economy.

They are insignificant really. Its only bad if Italy and Spain follow.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
These people will need the worlds help in the short term....What can we do. I dont mind sending parcels of whatever.

Search out independant Greek online traders and buy their products. Greek food is wonderful, greek wines and spirits are too. That way, you are supporting the people from grass roots up.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: SubTruth
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Oh.....Crap this could be bad for the worlds economies........This is bigger than any bank failure. I am not sure if they made the right choice or not.

Not really they make up only 2% of the EU economy.

They are insignificant really. Its only bad if Italy and Spain follow.

Economy size is a factor I agree........It matters how much of the debt can not be handled by the other countries banks. Also the rise of nationalism is always a risk in Europe.

But I do agree with your points.........Especially about Italy and Spain.
edit on 5-7-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The International Monetary Fund and Greece’s other creditors have argued for years that the country’s debt crisis could be largely resolved if the government just cracked down on tax evasion.

www.wsj.com...

Laughable, completely laughable. The Tories don't agree with that sentiment, but they have focused on the welfare budget, which in total truth, unless they tackle the state pension, only the real needy are going to be affected. Still, their masters the IMF, are contented that at least something is being done in the U.K.

I am still awaiting to learn how they propose to deal with the good old tax evaders. I haven't even heard this question being asked by the MSM, but then maybe I haven't been watching the right programmes.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

The largest tax avoiders in the UK are Google,Starbucks,Amazon,E Bay,Vodafone,BAT,Tate and Lyle,Vedanta and N Power not Joe Citizen.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
Ok yes I agree... and mine and your governments possible detestable abhorrence actions that we don't know about yet are also our fault.

Yeah, they are.

The big questions is do you call this morally justifiable?

Do I call what morally justifiable?

Then again morality isn't the main priority of our economy... right?

An economy is not capable of abstract emotions.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

The Greeks have just voted the equivalent of turkeys voting for Christmas.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

We shall see.

The Russians have already stated that they will be speaking to Greece tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So you blame the average citizens for this.

The average individual has no power against the merchant/banker/big government complex.

And for those tax "evaders" --- well done !!

Why not fight fire with fire.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Good old honest Joe Putin. Who with an once of common sense would want to be beholding to Russia.

Jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I am sure getting Russia involved with Greek debt will go over real well with the oligarchs. It is all pure posturing, they do not want the debt.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Source ?

I don't think that Russia can save Greece if Germany can't. Russia GDP/capita is lower than Greece, they have pensions 10 times lower than Greece and minimal wages about 3 times lower than Greece. I was just listening to someone talking in Russian talk show, he said imagine you have a productivity in Greece almost as bad as Russian and want to have pensions as Germany - this is impossible. On another russian site ( quite liberal pro-west) i seen a poll: do you sympathize (pity) with Greek people ? - the answer was over 80% - no. echo.msk.ru...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Are there any embargoes affecting Greece?

Russia does a lot of trade with Greece.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join