It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece votes 'no' to EU bail out - GREXIT?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
europe is likking there wounds and pull the wallet.....

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Firstly to the OP......

61.24% no vs 38.76% yes after 55% of vote counted SO the Greeks haven't voted No yet....!
They probably will finish with a majority NO vote but I think you are misreporting the news especially as you posted an hour ago....!

Secondly, Greece's debt, standing at €360 Billion is unsustainable, unpayable and unrealistic.... Too many in power will lose too much if this is written down or Greece leaves the euro..... And it opens up opportunities for Ireland, Portugal et al to ask to have their debts written down to.......

Ho ho....what a mess those in power have made

PDUK

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

They voted no, accept it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

What if..........What if they wanted Greece to fail as a message to the rest of the member countries. If they do exit the Euro times in Greece will become very hard I think. TPTB will want to send a clear message about what happens when you exit to Italy and Spain.

They would probably like that as their plan seems to be to create a 2 sides Eurozone North wealthy (creditors) and south poor (debt).

But Russia comes in and says; ''Certainly we have a priority to support investment projects and trade with Greece, and if financial assistance is needed we will consider that.''
rt.com...

Putin: '' If you owe someone a lot, then it is already not your problem but the problem of the one you owe''
www.express.co.uk...

Moscow should be "applauded" for sealing an investment agreement with Greece on a pipeline to carry Russian gas to Europe via Turkey, with transit payments potentially worth hundreds of millions of pounds a year to Athens after its completion in 2019.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Stock markets showing euro affected.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 5-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula
a reply to: crayzeed

Also Germany's dept was half ed after the 2nd world war
But Merkel doesn't want to remember that, they also don't remember the gold they stole from Greece back then!

Greece had their 50% debt haircut and debt buy-backs from private holders of Greek gov. bonds too.
Just saying.

Also, the claim brought up by Theodoros Pangalos about the stolen Greek gold has long been rebutted.
Investigations showed that the gold was in fact brought to the island of Crete first, in the spring of 1941, and then to Alexandria in Egypt... from there it was taken to Pretoria and then to London where the Bank of England kept it for the Greeks. After the war, the gold was returned to Athens.
Just saying.
edit on 5-7-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

It's all in the maths. Percentages.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

I think you will see larger drops in this and other currencies globally too.
A Greek exit from the euro currency will have many different effects in various countries.....

The worlds politicians are going to start earning those big salaries and expenses in the next few weeks IMHO

Regards
PDUK

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Secondly, Greece's debt, standing at €360 Billion is unsustainable, unpayable and unrealistic.... Too many in power will lose too much if this is written down or Greece leaves the euro..... And it opens up opportunities for Ireland, Portugal et al to ask to have their debts written down to.......

Ho ho....what a mess those in power have made

PDUK

These debts owed to each others countries banks to make interest for those banks should be re-organised, Halved or quartered or even wiped. Maybe Greece will kick the brains of those in power who should know that things are broken..

www.bbc.co.uk...

A 2011 link above, but the point is there..
edit on 5 7 2015 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There will probably be sell offs of global equities.

It will affect global economics in various ways.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Stock markets showing euro affected.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

3/4 of a % is not tanking.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr1Akula

originally posted by: SubTruth

They would probably like that as their plan seems to be to create a 2 sides Eurozone North wealthy (creditors) and south poor (debt).

I think the pound sterling (£) should become the first currency of Europe and that the Euro (€) should be the second tier.....

:-))

Regards
PDUK

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The Germas also sent away your Jewish Greeks on death trains and murdered them while also killing masses of Christian Greeks too and causing tragedy on many of the survivors. They destroyed Greece ....

That's right my friend and they did many more barbaric acts, including burning entire villages, killing every single male of some cities including children and babies, raping women, mass killings of Greek Jews, and various other tortures.

As I've already said in another thread, I am only half Greek, and although I don't have Greek nationality, I served voluntarily in the Greek Army, and I've spend nearly every summer there.
I have many Greek friends and some relatives and I happen to know first hand the situation here.

I do worry about Greece's future, but I can't help but being proud of their resistance tonight.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   

LOL that ain't happening any time soon!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Look who

Guess who

In early 2010, it was revealed that through the assistance of Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase and numerous other banks, financial products were developed which enabled the governments of Greece, Italy and many other European countries to hide their borrowing.[93][94] Dozens of similar agreements were concluded across Europe whereby banks supplied cash in advance in exchange for future payments by the governments involved; in turn, the liabilities of the involved countries were "kept off the books".

Economy of Greece

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The scum behind this whole scheme and its crisis. Who else.

And they will rule forever... as long as people are stupid enough to blame "Ze evil Germans" for everything.

*I get it... its easier.

edit on 5-7-2015 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ColCurious

Germany is a victim just like everybody else.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious
a reply to: xuenchen

The scum behind this whole scheme and its crisis. Who else.

And they will rule forever... as long as people are stupid enough to blame "Ze evil Germans" for everything.

*I get it... its easier.

Germany is nothing more than a proxy for the real power........The banks.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth
Hope this link works it's from the AP.hosted.ap.org...
Sounds like an Greexit could happen. Was also reading another article before I found yours. Germany isn't going to be happy. Am going to see what the markets do. I hope the Greek people are going to be okay.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
yep, I'm an expert on this from a currency war viewpoint....agreed....they should run like basturds.....make a new democracy with Iclandic banking rules of conduct....with several public watchdogs

one chance at it here...leave out the central money anything.....small government is natural and more cost effective
edit on 5-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join