It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could really use some support

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Just discovered a legal natural remedy called kratom. My SO is currently coming off of legally prescribed oxymorphone. He took 4 g approximately 12 hours ago and is still without withdrawal symptoms. We had to get it from the local head shop, because it's popular with people coming off of illegally obtained opiates.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: navione

Narcotics Anonymous did wonders for a person very close to me because it gives a support structure and it gives you someone to call to talk you down when you start thinking about going back. Sadly, if Ibogaine didn't work for you, there isn't a whole lot you can do besides sweat it out. Keep hydrated and go to a sauna or something similar. Allow your body to cleanse itself by sweating out the toxins or just take a nice hot shower a few times a day while you are going through it. It will make it worse in the short term but will get you over the symptoms more quickly as the chems will be out of your system quicker and you can start the recovery process sooner. Opioid addiction is hard to break but not impossible. You always have the option of checking into a facility for a few days where they can monitor you while you go through the first few days and after that you can enroll in Narcotics Anonymous for the extra support. This is going to probably be the toughest thing you will do in your life, but after it is over and you are on the road to recovery, as your count of days turns into months and months turn into years, you will feel gradually stronger for it. We all have demons with which to contend, yours are just fed differently than most, but I believe in you.

You can do this, no matter what the monster in the pit of your stomach says. If it helps, think of your addiction in that way. It is a monster in the pit of your stomach, a very hungry monster and it wants to be fed no matter what, no matter what it does to you. The longer you go, the hungrier the monster gets but at some point, that monster will get weaker as starvation sets in and after a time the monster will die. At that point, you will have some semblance of peace. Bear in mind it is very easy for another to take up residence there. Once you quit this, it is for life. There is no going back, there is no "one last time" or "I can just do it from time to time and not get hooked again". It is something about which you must be ever vigilant. Ever watchful. Eventually that vigilance will become second nature and you won't have to worry about being mindful of it. Like I said, I believe in you and I know you can do this. Keep your head up, you are a human being and we can be amazingly resilient when called to do so. Now go forth, conquer this and regain your life. Also, take up a hobby, it helps.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phototropic

Hello again

I've heard that kratom is very helpful but never was able to obtain any myself back when I could have used it.

If he is that far in already and still in good shape, perhaps it won't be so dreadful as it normally tends to be.

It's likely been suggested already but if things get rough keeping a journal has helped me in a mental sense when I was in the throes of wd.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

Interestingly, I never had the DT's when I quit drinking. I had cut down before I quit as I knew I was going to do it but I still am amazed that I didn't have any negative feedback from my body. Even though I had cut down I was still drinking a goodly amount. Go figure.

OP, I have no words of wisdom. I wish I did. As others have said it is a good idea to change habits, change friends, any of those things that might lead to going back to bad habits. That's about all I can say. Not much, I know.

I wish you the best anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
All you need to know is that your BRAIN controls your actions. You clearly want to stop being the slave to substances, therefore your BRAIN obviously wants the same thing.

The rest should be easy enough to work out for oneself.
edit on 8-7-2015 by AlexJowls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hello, Navione.

I've stumbled upon your thread and joined ATS just so I could share what enabled me to stop smoking. I don't know if this can be applied to other addictions, but i do know that without the trick i'm about to reveal to you, I would have remained a smoker despite my best attempts to stop.

So. The magick trick for me was: To fast. I've stopped eating and only drank water. The cravings to smoke subsided after about one
day.

Please keep in mind that not all people can fast for extended periods of time. Diabetics are just one group of these type of people. So,consult a doctor and be carefull.

Anyway, that's what made me free from smoking.

Good luck and ask away,if you have any questios about my experience!
edit on 9-7-2015 by Identified7 because: grammar

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexJowls
All you need to know is that your BRAIN controls your actions. You clearly want to stop being the slave to substances, therefore your BRAIN obviously wants the same thing.

The rest should be easy enough to work out for oneself.

Does your brain control your physical pain?
The cramps, the sweats, the vomiting?

Did you even comprehend the OP?

He is trying to get through withdrawal, which as you dont seem to understand is very physical for the first week or so.

So please dont come in and tell the OP what you THINK he needs to know, when its very clear that you dont

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Navione...just checking on you.

How are you doing today?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Other people have done it, so can you. You aren't alone… are you? The only thing I found to get through the early stages is others. You need to front yourself off in a meeting, tell it like you just did, ask for help. The people in these places have been where you are and know those ropes.

You won't be able to do it alone.

I am speaking from experience.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This is what finally and absolutely worked for me as I made my start. I was in and out for years until I gave in 100% and used the meetings and the healthy people in them. I had a 3-day medical detox that helped me greatly in the very beginning, but it's not necessarily needed.

I hear the desperation and know you want this. Next step (from my experience) is to find a place with people you can "hear" and then accept their guidance and follow it, and if you're like I was, you'll have to sit through some discomfort at first and go to extra meetings when your mind starts talking to you. You can do this!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

This is what finally and absolutely worked for me as I made my start. I was in and out for years until I gave in 100% and used the meetings and the healthy people in them.

Its a process, like you said. It takes time: using, quitting, relapsing, going back again and again… never give up.

Once the realization sets in that drugs don't work anymore, then the battle begins.

People that are close to giving up quitting should remember not to lose hope because they relapse or have been trying to quit seemingly forever.

Par for the course. We practiced taking dope for so long, we have to practice quitting and staying quit, too.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Definitely! I went to 3 rehabs and had a pocket full of desire chips. I gave up trying to stay stopped for over 2-years and only suffered darker darkness (don't try this at home) and more consequences. Now it is just part of my story and I am grateful I found a tiny piece of hope again. There is no shame in not giving up!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I went to 3 rehabs and had a pocket full of desire chips.

I did ten months in a rehab house, halfway house, been busted, several stints homeless, long road.

Each bottom brings us back to reality. Finally the pain of stubbornness becomes too much.

Everyone deserves many chances.

Good for you on finally getting free. Did I just say that? It will always be tempting to us, there will always be that chink in the armor, the sirens call.

The difference now is I use the tools given to me by others to address the feelings behind the need for escape, I have the knowledge to deal with the stress of life, I know where the old road winds up.

Heavy sigh… (smiles)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Very good post Buzzy!!

Syx

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just wanted to drop in to give my best wishes to navione. I have a few friends who have struggled mightily with getting off of these terrible substances and succeeded.

I don't know how. I don't know if there is a magic trick, or technique, or other substance that works. Personally, just from my life experience I find that nothing fits everyone so I really hope that you find the method that works for you and will help free you.

Positive thoughts from the ATS family.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

A Star for Your Post !!! Very thoughtful of You!!!
Syx...

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
As someone who has been through the same basic thing...I've got some bad news for you. There is no secret, no trick and no support in the world that will get you where you say you want to go. I've seen people simply "turn it off" and I've seen others who died hoping for a solution.

The truth is this. Until you hit "rock bottom", you may never be able to quit. You...as a person...are an addict and always will be an addict. Your choice of addiction today is whatever substance you have chosen last. You will be addicted to something for the rest of your life. Choose wisely.

The only question is this. Where is YOUR rock bottom? Embarrassment? Death? Somewhere in between? Fact is...you don't and won't know until you hit it...and eventually you will.

Everyone is different but while it probably won't help...I'll tell you about my rock bottom, short and sweet. When EVERYONE turned their backs on me and acted like they didn't care if I lived or died...I finally decided that I am the only one who cares about me. THAT was my rock bottom. Until you truly experience being "nothing" to anyone...including God (if you believe in that) you can't understand.

Regardless...I wish you the best of luck because this "ride" you are on isn't going to end well. You will go to Hell. You may not come back. But if you do...you will be a different person. But isn't that what you want anyway? To stop being who you are and end this cycle?

The only advice I can give is this...and it is important. Anyone offering to help you...can't. Anyone offering to give you a cure...can't. Only you...yourself can give yourself help or a cure. Anything short of that is either temporary or a complete waste of time and/or money.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
OK my two cents. My qualifications, gambling, booze, sex, our view of life is NO PAIN. It's what makes the no pain time sweet, you are never so alive when life is almost taken away. I quit cigarettes by putting my last pack in my grandma's casket then every time the burn came ( it was a bitch ) I thought of her, for me it works and honors her. But that's my way you have to find yours, as others have said there is no magic way just yours. Luck, strength and knowledge.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Hey navione, how are you doing?

Please chime in with your progress, its a great thread with a lot of positive feedback and vibes, it would be a shame for it to die

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I second that .. Also, I hope phototropic's SO is doing ok along with navione.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I unfortunately couldn't make it. I was too sick to work and to scared of losing my job to take the time I needed.
I managed to get some meds off the black market to help with the withdrawal and I have been slowly decreasing them. It's really tough. The physical emotional and mental part of it all together just really kick your ass. I had been doing very good with the meds and started as low dose as I could and stuck to my plan to reduce little by little until today. I had a rough couple of days and I screwed up and caved In.

I'm trying not to be so hard on myself but I really want to kick the # out of me. Honestly I don't feel high and haven't felt that in quite sometime. I just caved because I wanted to feel normal. I felt like I needed a break.
But I know I lied to myself because every other relapse was the same bull# excuse. I'm just trying to not fall back and to just start back with the meds at the same dose from yesterday and continue with my plans.

Thanks everyone so much for the support. I didn't know someone else had chimed in so I am going to go back to the last page and a half of replies hopefully gain some encouragement from everyone because it does help and I couldn't begin to thank everyone enough. Also I want to see if I could give phototropic any advice or help and support. Ok gonna do some reading will chime back in after . I will keep this thread updated on my progress
I just didn't want to sound like a crybaby to anyone ..thank you all so much again.. I didnt put to much faith into synchonosity but getting the messages today may have been just what I needed to stop me before I went backwards after my stumble today...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join