It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

I could really use some support

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
a reply to: navione

Methadone is successful if it's managed properly and takes self-discipline. If you're still taking the gear, you're still mixing with those in the life. Those people are like hungry ghosts, they'll lie and lie to hide their own thoughts and stop you from getting away. Most of them hate to see someone get clean because it shatters all their self-deception and excuses.

If you are ready to stay clean, you know what I'm writing is the truth.

If it's possible, try methadone and counselling. It's a successful pathway because you get to stay away from your friends in the life and the meth keeps back the cravings. The mental strength is sticking to the reduced levels of meth and being able to stop it.

Some people can cold turkey and move along; the vast majority will fail and fail again. You seem to want a fast, dramatic end to the lifestyle and the habit when a slowly, slowly approach has more success in the long term. Be wary of 'friends' with a habit, they'll tempt you back in. It'll be tough building bridges too. This is why a counsellor can help. They offer a bridge between old life and new life and not many people in the new life will want to hear you talking about the old one.

I 100% wish you well in this! Good luck and don't feel bad if you!t happens. Keep trying.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
Methadone is a good option I preferred suboxone. If your going cold turkey you just have to make it 2 weeks the physical withdrawals will subside. It took me almost a year of quitting and relapsing before i finally quit for good. Your not alone bro.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:26 PM
the EFT Technique (tapping on specific parts of your body) cured my 20 year tobacco habit in the space of 15 mins.. it might be worth looking into

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:34 PM
a reply to: ladyteeny

Sounds interesting , again I can't thank everyone enough for the advice. I do appreciate it.
I know in my heart I want this so bad. I keep telling myself I can do it but that's when I'm not sick.
When the aches pains and the anxiety start to kick in. At that point is when I start to have doubts.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:12 PM

Which is why i said get enough to do you a week.

Im not advocating doing a full on detox with it, do it yourself.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:15 PM

My husband before I met him stopped drugs, he said the major part of success was moving away from all of his "friends", he left the state and stayed near a sister. He did it cold turkey, he said it is the only way that works.he has never seemed to have any related problem in the 20 plus years we have been together. we moved hundreds of miles from his old friends and he has never gone back. I think this is key to success after really wanting the change.

I fractured my l3 and l4 vertebrae and after 2 surgeries and physical therapy I found myself with a horrible

My sister had a similar experience, after years of addiction to pain meds she also moved far away and stopped cold turkey, she did have a boyfriend's help. She is so healthy now she is into natural foods and gardening, all health stuff vegetarian, and looks at least 15 years younger than she is, BIG BIG change!
edit on 5-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:32 PM

So I have come to My ATS family for support,information ,preyers anything at all because i am at my witts end.
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but meditation is the remedy, if not help, to many afflictions. I will express to our CREATOR that I am concerned about your well being. With YOU alone, all things are possible. Don't give up. LOVE
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:43 PM
Hello mate,
One day at a time. I am sure by now you've a million things running around your head on how you are going to get clean. STOP! Go make yourself a cup of tea/coffee or what ever you fancy, no alcohol at all as it can cause cravings, and sit down and relax. Try and take a deep breath and let your whole body relax. The more stressed and anxious you become the more your mind focuses on your addiction. Create a little mantra for yourself like "today is a new day, and I am going to beat you today" you really need to switch to a positive mind set. I do realise how difficult that can be but it will help you hugely.
Set yourself small achievable targets each day, it is imperative that they are achievable and when you achieve a target you need to really praise yourself mentally like " I really achieved this today, I am so proud of myself, well done" and say it with meaning. You really have to feel the immense pride on completing a target.
Next step. This is going to be hard... Go to all of your "friends" that have the same issues and tell them, in your own words, "I am not going to be seeing you again after today, as my life is taking a new direction and I do not believe that you will have a positive influence in my life" do not explain your motivation or give them a reason just walk away.
Next step. Find a non judgemental peer, such as a minister, priest or who ever. i must stress that this is not for religious reasons but for you to speak with and to talk with a person that is not going to be opinionated nor offer advice but listen to you in a calm surrounding.
Next step. Become active. I don't mean join a gym or run 30 miles a day (although exercise is great and also give you manageable targets) I mean with a group or something. Do something that makes you feel good about yourself.
When you have some, if not all and more, of these things in your life THEN set yourself up with the task of beating your addiction and please do not try to beat it in one go! As failure will lead you back to square one.
We are all here for you mate, and if you need a chat pop back on your thread. You can be as open and honest as you like and the other good thing is there is always someone to talk to on ATS.
I have faith in you mate. YOU WILL BEAT THIS

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:51 PM
Navione, I have been there with opiates. Kicked it with group therapy and a wonderful medication that let my body slowly get used to NOT having opiates in my body. It took a few years but it worked.

Unfortunately my IDIOT brain decided it needed something else. It, I, we, picked alcohol to substitute the opiates. As I am writing this I am kicking the booze. Thankfully I have a great Doc and am doing quite nicely. When you kick booze (a fifth a day for me) your body will react violently. To tell the truth, kicking opiates makes you feel like you want to die. Kicking a huge booze habit without medical help WILL kill you. For me it's seizures. Usually on the third day of cold turkey. You need some sort of Benzodiazepine that hasve anti-convulsant properties. Valium, Librium, Serax, to name a few. They also aleve the anxiousness and tremors.

I've been sober for a few weeks (I take it 1 hour at a time) and it has been tough. If you don't have a good support system at home I would seek some sort of AA group.

I know. AA gives me the creeps sometimes but just being around people with the same problem as you helps a lot. You don't have to say a word. I have never been to a meeting were I didn't say to myself, "#, and I thought I had problems".

Hang in there and PM me if you need to unload.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
Methadone works if one commits to it.

One can stay on it OR one can very slowly wean off with incrementally lower doses over a year or three. Some methadone clinics offer the lower dose over time option and some will keep the dose a secret so your brain doesn't know the numbers and spoil it.

The one person I know who got off painlessly was through that method... it took years, but it was a pain free experience that enables the brain to start making it's own natural opiates again.

It depends on where you are, though, as some states don't offer this.

It's slow and there's no quick fix... and even staying on methadone w/o the slow wean off is better than the alternative. Read up on it as there is a whole lot of b.s. out there.
edit on 7/5/2015 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:01 PM
I forgot to add-
Whenever I try to quit tobacco(my latest main vice which has a real hold on me)-
a good punch bag can do wonders.
Tie up a punch bag somewhere so you can kick and punch the ever living sheeiit out of it when you are feeling bad or need a hit.
Keep doing that until you are at the point of collapse.
then drink tons of water,and repeat.
It really hurts,but it pays off-
Its a great way to get the natural brain chemicals flowing without hurting anyone or smashing your house up-and it gets you back on the road to being fighting fit at the same time if you do it enough.
Scream at it,kick,punch,headbutt,knee and elbow it until you are on the verge of passing out.
It can really help you release tension and get some sleep after,which is one of the best healing mechanisms your body can have.

Envision your punch bag as the demon substance you are fighting against.
Hit it until it breaks,then get a new tougher one,and repeat.

It helps.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
a reply to: Kandinsky

This is good advice. Change your surroundings. Worst I quit was cigarettes. It made me so angry that "it" controlled me and my money. I finally stayed quit and swore if I ever picked them up again, it was forever, so don't. I haven't. I am sure what you are going through is way worse, but find some support. Church, AA, but make it somewhere you are't going now. Everything you are doing now will pull you back.

I am not religious, and I sure as hell won't preach to you, but this is what God does. It's like the main reason he sticks around. To help those who really need it. He's there, and he will ALWAYS listen.

Good luck. Don't give up.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM

You can't do it alone. Listen, if you want some advice coming from a former addict or rather, one well on the way to becoming a full blown addict, you have to put faith into a higher power. Call it god or call it whatever you like but call it a higher power and give in to it. While others may have support groups, family, friends to help them get through it, I had none of those things and managed to kick my habit all by myself...and my higher power. Then, you need to work on a program that works for you. Cold turkey doesn't work for everyone but milestones do. 1 week - 1 month- every three months- every 6 months etc.

I know the higher power thing sounds a bit corny but there's something to it only when you give into it and ask it for help. Perhaps it's you, perhaps it's god who the hell knows but it's there. You have to trust it and let it handle things for you. Sounds weird I know I know but it worked for me. Then, if you've got some cash/time I would investigate Dr. Gabor Mate and his works with Ayahuasca and drug addiction. 75-80% success rate. Here's a small sample:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM

All I can offer is the suggestion that you persist. Once you are over the initial hurdle, things ease. Keep trying till you succeed.

I don't really think any 'program' is your solution. It sounds like you have tried that. I think you need to look at a new life. Something where the 'support' never ends. Perhaps get a GP who is willing to 'go the distance' with you.

You mentioned that you weren't particularly religious, but I have heard that some who find God have found their addictions simply cease.

I don't mean getting support from some religious people, it means a radical, personal appeal to God. Nobody can mediate that kind of stuff, it has to be from your heart and there are no other paths or shortcuts. Be aware that there are some who use religion to control - avoid them! However, other people who have walked the path of faith can help, and indeed you should form bonds with them, but ultimately it's about you and God.

Also, fill your life with the positive actions. Occupy yourself fully, don't leave any gaps. Do really worthwhile, good and excellent stuff just because you can and because it will help (you could even do things like bodybuilding or sport). Whatever you choose, just put your whole heart & soul into it.

Don't loose hope. You are worth the struggle.

edit on 5/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
Thank you again everyone. I am still here and still reading. I ran out to grab a few things . I'm going into my 16 hours so it's starting to come on strong so before I'm stuck home I figured grab some Gatorade ,juice,pbandj .
Thanks everyone again...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM

You hang in there. It will pass.
You're doing great....just take it minute by minute.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
a reply to: FlySolo

I have had some sucess with ibogaine. But I am at a point in my life that I am almost a slave to my addiction
I can't afford to take a day off of work or I will be homeless . I am barely keeping myself a float . I don't have anything of monetary value left to hock ,sell or trade... I make enough to cover my habit and my bills ,
But if I miss a day of work I fall behind.. I have managed the month of June well enough to give myself the smallest cushion. If I manage to get thru withdrawals and back to work by weds I may will survive. That's why I started this on last week . I had the long weekend and a few days. I knew I would be in bad shape but I was going to force myself thru it. They say things get better after day 7. Now that I slipped yesterday I know I'm gonna be a mess Weds so I'm gonna take my chances miss the 2 or 3 days of work. Hope I don't lose my job.
Union Jobs are great for the pay and benefits but when there's a waiting list of a few thousand being replaced
Is a really big concern. So you gotta bust your but and show up and not be late... Anyway I'm babbling I'm sorry
Starting to panic.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM

Babble away.

It's a tough situation you're in and I feel you. This is a one day at a time journey. At least try the "asking for help" thing tonight and make a deal. Something to the effect of "get me through these 24 hours and I'll do something in return for a stranger". I'm not a religious man but in my desperate times I made bargins. I was bargaining for my life because the other option was ending it. At least give it a shot and give in completely to the doubts. There is comfort in knowing as alone as we feel at times, we're never really truly alone. Just need to ask for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
I can't stress this enough. Do Not Try To Do This By Yourself.
Withdrawal can be wicked nasty and it can be extremely dangerous. The body wants that drug and if it doesn't get it....things turn ugly fast. Sweats, shivers, shakes, vomiting, diarrhea, seizures, muscle cramps that feel like someone's ripping your guts out.....then it gets bad.
Withdrawal can be fatal.
Get Professional Help.
Good Luck

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM

Well, I can offer some advice, but it's likely stuff you have already heard. One, get rid of anything you have to which you are addicted. Have a friend or family member check this. Two, avoid places where you can get more. If possible, have someone else handle your transportation, to make that easier. Three, don't feel defeated of you stumble. From what I have read, addiction can be very difficult to overcome.

The best thing I can offer is prayer. That I have done. Feel free to send a PM if needed, and I will pray more. I usually check in every 1-2 days. Hang in there. You don't have to fight this alone. Do some praying yourself, because God is there for those that seek Him, and He is far stronger than your addiction. He can help if you let Him. He won't step in uninvited, though.

Hang in there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>