It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Greece proven that a "one world currency" cannot work?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
the Problem with Greece is their politicians overreached, and tried to make life a 'Trust Fund' lifestyle for the voters...
it is the same thing as the adage....'living a Champaign Lifestyle on a Beer budget'
Greek entitlements were unreasonable and unsustainable...no industries, no sustainable revenue stream from taxes...

I suspect Greece was the poster child for the UN Agenda 21 proposal to be forced on the world
and the PIIGS were probably the reason other Trade Agreements/Pacts/Partnerships are being formed-- so that no group of people can get more than their fair-share of any economic pie...
the Germans or Northern EU member states are carrying the Southern EU members,
at least that's what I read... like Greeks expecting to work for only 20 years but expecting a pension like a CEO for the rest of their lives

the bottom line is that very few can expect to have an Idyllic life at the expense of others...
the EU currency was not responsible for the Greek situation...the population in supporting corrupt and selfish politicians who in turn lavished unearned-undeserved perks and rewards on the people are the culprits that stole from the common people of the other Euro based economies of the Union
scolding is not an answer, imposed Austerity is a realistic approach (even if a degradation of lifestyle results)...kicking Greece out of the EU & Euro Zone to join BRICS would be righteous Gulag, let the BRICS appease them

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Yep, if only the various Greek governments collected the taxes that were due...
There is plenty of cash, look how much money has fled the country...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They proved they have no problem maxing out the credit card and skipping out on the bill. They had no intention of paying back the money, just like all those home owners that lost the houses they couldnt afford had no intention of paying their mortgages. Leading to the collapse of 2008.

Oddly enough, the beginning of the 2008 collapse began exactly 6.8 years ago today...the next 72 days are going to be a rough ride it seems.

But it wont have the impact many expect and the people that hatched what appears to have a global wealth transfer scheme are going to be even worse off now.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

That's too much to think about and ponder on. But it is very interesting.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

here is a related article from Rockwell, posted on Zero Hedge... they refused to name names of the economic hit-men that fleeced Greece with crappy derivatives which were supposed to help Greece till past 2020 AD

www.lewrockwell.com...

How Greece Has Fallen Victim To "Economic Hit Men"
Zero Hedge

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I think we've all heard the conspiracy theories from Christians about a coming "one world currency." I believe that Greece has proven that it cannot work for one prime reason:

Modern governments must have the ability to devalue their currency when needed to make modern economics work.

A one world currency wouldn't allow that just as the Euro isn't it allowing it for Greece. If Greece didn't use the Euro, it would simply be devaluing its own currency right now to deal with its debt problems. It would be business as usual and no one would notice. Unlike the potential disaster the world is in at this moment.

I know Christians will probably counter with something about the "one world currency" only lasting for several years or something.

But, there's 195 countries in the world, let's get real for a second. After Greece's experience would all the countries in the world be willing to sign on for a "one world currency"? I can't even dream of that happening anymore. The governments of the world will take notice of what happened to Greece and learn from it, naturally.

In my opinion, the "one world currency" conspiracy theory has been debunked.

You keep mentioning Christians and I don't think I have seen any Christian-based opinions on 1 world currency.
All I think that Greece has proven is that it has not done so well with currency while belonging to the EU. That's all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join