It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Greece proven that a "one world currency" cannot work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I think we've all heard the conspiracy theories from Christians about a coming "one world currency." I believe that Greece has proven that it cannot work for one prime reason:

Modern governments must have the ability to devalue their currency when needed to make modern economics work.

A one world currency wouldn't allow that just as the Euro isn't it allowing it for Greece. If Greece didn't use the Euro, it would simply be devaluing its own currency right now to deal with its debt problems. It would be business as usual and no one would notice. Unlike the potential disaster the world is in at this moment.

I know Christians will probably counter with something about the "one world currency" only lasting for several years or something.

But, there's 195 countries in the world, let's get real for a second. After Greece's experience would all the countries in the world be willing to sign on for a "one world currency"? I can't even dream of that happening anymore. The governments of the world will take notice of what happened to Greece and learn from it, naturally.

In my opinion, the "one world currency" conspiracy theory has been debunked.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Because fiat currency is painted different colors means little. The one world order is one big business anyway… been that way for a while. The mistake in the EU was they named it the 'Euro dollar'.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yes the one world currency cannot and will not work.

As much as they want it too, 5 out of 8 billion disagree with them. So.. what now? They Lose obviously... I think it's crystal clear who runs the USA Currency and it ain't the same bimbo's that created this stupid reality.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
In terms of fiat currency no it cant work as productive countries have to carry the duds and when financial dramas occur the whole shebang is affected add to this the discrepencies that the power bases cause ;Wall Street and the City of London would make sure they control the fate and destiny of nations on this currency.Now with crypto currency you can trade in any currency there are no central banks and you can raise capital outside the system and this scares the hell out of the powers that be as the new world currency might be one they dont control.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Now with crypto currency you can trade in any currency there are no central banks and you can raise capital outside the system and this scares the hell out of the powers that be as the new world currency might be one they don't control.

I really hope you're right. Been watching this crypto fledgling struggle to life. If its on line, it can be manipulated.

I'm old school. I believer in bartering with locals for our daily needs. That is off line.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

In the last week or so Max Keiser in his Keiser report on RT(Russia today) has had quite a few crypto-currency and crypto-capital guests all his shows are available at the website ,some of these outfits are now getting to the tens of millions of dollars in size but you are correct it is a fledgling industry also there have been alternative methods of capital raising coming to the fore for example one brewery in England sold 'shares'in pubs to punters who liked the beer now its a big brewery with pubs that have entertainment which its 'shareholders'can attend for free as well as other benefits.

I like you hope this all takes off so the worlds biggest criminals no longer control the money.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

It can never work whilst the economy is different in each country , take bulgaria for example , their national average wage is around £1000 per year now look at the national average wages of say England or Germany .

before i retired from plastering some six years ago my average yearly wage was around £ 50,000 .

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The only thing Greece has proven is that Siesta's dont have a place in a modern economy.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Not as long as the IMF , central banks , and overspending by governments exists. Do away with the concept if one country overspends they can just turn to their central banks or the IMF to borrow at interest.Talk about a Ponzi scheme , this is it.
edit on 5-7-2015 by Gothmog because: add

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

The only thing Greece has proven is that Siesta's dont have a place in a modern slavery.

There... Fixed

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I think a lot of you have not thought it through. Greece s problem is not caused be its currency(no matter what it's called either the Euro, Drachma or dollar) it's problem is they borrowed too much money for them to pay back.
But technically that's not true. They can pay it back in instalments (like the UK and other countries do) but the money men don't want that, they want it back all in one go.
Now I don't know if you understand that but America and the Uk are in debt to the tune of trillions so think if the money men wanted that back in one go. You think Greece will have it bad just think for the US but 100 times worse than Greece.
As for one world currency, why do you think it wont work? It works for the US. Think of the states as different countries, they have poor states and rich states yet they all work under the dollar. Not only that but the dollar is virtually the one world currency. All countries have their own local currency yet they are forced to buy and sell large international commodities in dollars, think oil.
edit on 5-7-2015 by crayzeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting watching what people come up with in relation to Greece. You're seeing something that happens with entities at all scales, simply a pivotal moment, and yet sweeping generalizations will come about from all directions. It's cute.

Theoretically a common value system could be used on the whole species, in reality we have a lot of growing up to do before we could all trust each other and agree on it's implementation.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
I think we've all heard the conspiracy theories from Christians about a coming "one world currency." I believe that Greece has proven that it cannot work for one prime reason:

Modern governments must have the ability to devalue their currency when needed to make modern economics work.

Lets take it a step further. Lets say each nation has three currencies but only one of those is kept in circulation for purchases.

Currency #1: This is the original national currency, each participating nation (so eventually all of them) is required to get their currency up to a certain predefined healthy level. After this is done, it becomes illegal to create more thereby creating a finite supply and increasing value over time (since the amount per capita declines with population growth).

Currency #2: This is a multinational currency that is backed through a conglomeration of participating nations currencies. Each nation is required to put X amount of their currency into the basket and this serves as the backing for the money much as gold is sometimes used to back currencies today. More can be created through international agreement and it is used for international trade, much like the Euro today.

Currency #3: This is a local currency backed by a pool of currency #2. A certain amount is kept in reserve as bank deposits, and loans are made against this value in currency #3 (like holding Euros and getting a loan in USD). Nations can control the exchange rate through a printing press or decree and this is what's used as legal tender for citizens and business.

This seems to me like it handles the fiat issue, the intentional trade issue, and the printing press issue.

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
It can never work whilst the economy is different in each country , take bulgaria for example , their national average wage is around £1000 per year now look at the national average wages of say England or Germany .

before i retired from plastering some six years ago my average yearly wage was around £ 50,000 .

It can still work because it eliminates regional economies to a large extent. Bulgaria for example will suddenly start paying a competitive wage and their products will buy and sell at a proper wage.

originally posted by: intrptr
I really hope you're right. Been watching this crypto fledgling struggle to life. If its on line, it can be manipulated.

I'm old school. I believer in bartering with locals for our daily needs. That is off line.

While anything online can be manipulated crypto currency is safer than most, even quantum computing can't break it. The only way to "hack" Bitcoin is to control more than 50% of the payment processing systems. This is an extremely difficult process and well out of reach of any nation or group of nations on the planet and that's why you've seen people instead go after stealing from the exchanges rather than trying to manipulate the payment log.

With the way Bitcoin is set up to incentivize being a payment processor this system only gets more secure as time goes on. How many businesses accept the payment processing costs to accept credit cards today? Under Bitcoin that same payment pays the merchant rather than charges them. Give it another 10 years for the processing fees to increase and technology to improve and people will be fighting over who gets to make a sale for these fees alone.

originally posted by: crayzeedThey can pay it back in instalments (like the UK and other countries do) but the money men don't want that, they want it back all in one go.

It's not that they want it back in one go but that they want a repayment schedule. It's not analogous to the US because while the US debt keeps increasing all new and old debt is eventually paid for. The US has a policy to allocate a certain portion of it's budget to debt repayment. A dollar loaned to the US today may take 50 years to pay back but it will be paid back. Greece has rejected all repayment plans. That is the difference, and it's a very big difference. Their best plan has basically been "we'll repay you when we feel like it"
edit on 5-7-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You fail to understand what a one world currency means. With a one world currency there is obviously one world government controlling that currency, no borders. This would mean there will be no competition. And you ask how can that be accomplished, Tanks on your streets, remove all competitors...
edit on 5-7-2015 by WatchingY0u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I wonder how many people here know that this is not a first time Greece was in a monetary union
? Last time Greece was expelled from the union (to be fair they got back in but that dose not change the fact). Now lets think about why did that happen ? Maybe that proves something about Greece and not a one word currency ?
Just some food for thought...
edit on 5/7/15 by thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: thill

And when was that first time in a monetary union and what was it called? I am Greek and this is news to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalterRatlos
a reply to: thill

And when was that first time in a monetary union and what was it called? I am Greek and this is news to me.

Then I suggest You learn a bit more about Your own country

Let me help: en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia was the quickest so if You want more in depth information You have to look it up Yourself.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

In my opinion, the "one world currency" conspiracy theory has been debunked.

Interesting but

It wont work
A one world government wont work

History has shown with the Assyrians Babylonians Khans Alexander Napoleon Hitler Communism and now the next one that there is an agenda by some to rule the world
Controlling finances will control the individual where they lives, there will be little resistance to starvation

Will it work, of course not, the leaders will fight amongst themselves for more power.

Debunked, this is the prophecy being fulfilled, this is the current currency being flushed down the toilet and a new currency being implemented.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

196 countries, if you count Taiwan, which the US doesn't, but I do.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No, Greece has proven that driving growth through debt for two decades is unsustainable. Two decades with spending more than earnings (GDP), would send anyone off the cliff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join