It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Insanity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Trachel

The path we are on is full of holes that need repair, some more than other's and some of those same holes require different approaches in order to fix them.

We have muscle memory that is the very hardest to repair, because those things have been done so many times the muscles are constricted and react without further training.

In order for the muscles to be re-trained, they have to first experience atrophy brought on by catastrophe, only then will the constriction release allowing for a new manipulation to occur.

Great words--I agree with this for the most part.

But I don't think catastrophe is always required for re-modulation. Developing a firm intention to change can also have the same effect, restructuring neural pathways in more positive directions.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm already perfect ; )

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I think that this process you mention may not be as easy for some as it is for others. I think that for some it may be considered a weakness to think this way, I don't know. I often think that the term 'bleeding heart liberal' came about as a slander on people with compassion and empathy, both of which go hand in hand with the reflective approach you use. In any event, promoting this kind of action, reflection, whatever, is something that we all could use more of. Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Free Will...you gotta love it...
If you end up in 'trouble', there's always the psychological game of blaming 'someone else - a bogeyman' for your lack of responsibility...

Don't get in a metal box of death with someone who does not embrace responsibility, because in effect it's a case of mind over matter - they don't mind, and you don't matter...and when they are in traction, and you are dead - they will need to face that free will decision, and the fines will be irrelevant...

Å99

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

LOL, I use "talking monkeys with clever thumbs" but I like "Crazy Hairless Apes".

You can use the C.H.A. as an expression of exasperated frustration.

"Cha! I don't know what he was thinking."

K~

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trachel

And this I ask unto you:

What lingering problems in your psyche are you still working to address?

What forms of spiritual insanity are you laboring under?

Recognizing patterns is another form of shadow work. To look within and recognize the flaw and what we are really guilty of. In other words, its the willingness to put ourselves on trial. But often, we are left too broken from life's experiences to do anything about anything.

Habits are formed to escape the recognition of paterns because somewhere in the psyche we gave up putting up the fight. Here is an example in my case: I smoke ciggarretes, knowing full well it will end up killing me aswell as all the chemicals that it possesses. I recognize it is harmful, however as I look at world events, and many things that are going wrong in the world, smoking or video gaming seems to be the drugs of choice to escape.

I spent years studying psychology and analyzing people as well as myself. However, my recent problem or wound happens to involve immoral actions done by my ex. So I am working on issues of extreme anger and despair. (Only im using something green to bypass the anger and analyze the situation with a clearer mind. ) In a sense my ex initiated me into rage. Her actions were so extreme, that i began seeing her as a heartless monster. (not exactly the final image I wanted to have of her. Since im generally a peaceful person, that is until push comes to shove.)

So in a way she sparked up the demon in me. Conjured through rage, but it is interesting observing myself while using the green. It is like I am divided in two, one observes while the other rages on.

We all have self destructive patterns. Noone is really safe from them. And each case has a unique sense to them since many cases differ from one another. And everyone literally is insane if they follow this system. Anyone that follows a system that destroys life's resources is at insanity at its finest.

edit on th2015000000Sundayth000000Sun, 05 Jul 2015 20:35:26 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Jul 2015 20:35:26 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

And this I ask unto you: What lingering problems in your psyche are you still working to address? What forms of spiritual insanity are you laboring under?

The short answer to say, would be many.

The long answer would be to long to say or write down.

But then again more often then not. I find humanity and life itself to be nothing more then an obstacle and insanity one must get through. So really? It depends.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join