It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story I heard today.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raxusillian
a reply to: 321equinox

Does this relate to the accounts I have read of native Americans not being able to see the ships when the English came?

Our perceptual systems and more specifically our visual systems do surprisingly less than we expect in creating our perception of reality. The bulk of what we think we see is constructed by the brain. Our brains are constantly duct taping and reconstructing incomplete visual data together behind the scenes. It kind of ties into my work. So yes...for visual input that starkly contrasts with what our brains "reality reconstruction" centers expect, it is not unusual for some wonky memories or "reality reconstruction" to go on. Hell...we are fooled by optical illusions all the time as well as some pretty primitive tricks...both which quickly expose how weak our brains visual perception/reality reconstruction engine is when reality moves outside the typical expectations.

In short...yes it is possible that Native Americans had issue "seeing" the huge ships of European Explorers...because "seeing" is a brain phenomena more than lights and camera. Some people are "face blind" for example and can't see faces..
edit on 6-7-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This is Wild stuff!

There is absolutely no way you lose so much time on a familiar road.

You should've asked them if other things like Traffic seemed normal for its time (10:30PM-Weekend?) or not.

Sounds like they entered 'something' and literally stuck in Time.

Think of it like that:

You Drive or Walk into 'something' and experience some weird stuff for a Moment.

You FEEL like you reach your destination at the right time when in Reality you lost minutes,hours. Whatever 'it' is (Dimension,Portal) successfully managed to manipulate your Brain.

Idk. Interesting story.thanks for Sharing.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I imagine that being in close proximity to a vacuole created by a UFO passing through nearby space caused a time compression effect due to the compressed nature of the space time continuum at the event horizon of the vacuole...

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Sorry slight derail. Relevant to the topic I think though.

So theoretically there are things going on all the time that we can't see because we have no reference? If aliens were something that wete beyond anything that any of us had imagined would they walk past unnoticed? And then if something traumatic happened we would fill in the black with something that made sense to us?

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxusillian

Not a precise example...but the brain "sees" what it expects to see much more than what is actually there. The brain does the heavy lifting in visual perception...Watch this to the end and then think about why your brain is telling you the t-rex is turning his head and watching you when it is just a static cardboard cut-out.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Hmmmm interesting.... Do you have a few other examples this really has my interest. Maybe some papers to read on this?

I do recall a magic trick where a guy made it appear that he had disappeared by just using black clothing. He said it wouldn't work on everyone.

The ramifications of this are pretty staggering when you really think about it.
edit on 6-7-2015 by Raxusillian because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2015 by Raxusillian because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Thanks for freaking me out !

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
When I was a child,I think it was the early seventies, I had a dream that was so real I was to scared to go swimming at night, in the pool with my family. Swimming at night was something my father and other people in our apartment complex often did. Anyway in my dream there was a woman that wanted to come in a friends house that I was visiting. My friend and I were looking out a window on the front door and she was standing there with what looked like a gray horse from a merry go round and was wanting us to let her in. We got scared and hid in a closet with sheets hanging in it. I felt if we could just get behind the sheets they couldn't get us. Some how, next I was peeking out a window and could see a craft in my front yard which was a cross the street. When I woke up from this dream, I was never the same again. I was very scared to be out in the open at night and I can remember my dad asking me about it. About a week after this dream, I remember being scared and trying to go to sleep and hearing a car out side with what sounded like bad breaks, and in my mind thinking they are here. I had many of what I started calling those dreams after that. This also started me having a lifetime fascination with ufos. Just thought I would share, I am in my 50's now and still think about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
By the way Kapusta if she goes to a hypnosis session please share (if you dont mind) all she said. I think it do be interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Hmmmm interesting.... Do you have a few other examples this really has my interest. Maybe some papers to read on this?

Today, there remain tribes who don't have a word for blue, such as the Himba people in Namibia.

Several years ago, researchers showed some of the Himba tribe a circle with 11 green squares and one blue.

The study found they could not pick out which one was different from the others, or took much longer to make sense of it.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

You can research the Himba Tribe.

Having evolved without a word for the color blue, when tested with a circle of green squares and one distinctly blue...they could not pick out which one was different.

There is a tonnage of other research that is emerging revealing how much of our "reality" is constructed by our brains...it is far from a direct input of light to our eyes.

Think about this...the images that our eyes register...are 2 distinct, two-dimensional images (no depth) and upside-down. Your brain is doing image reconstruction and photo-shopping, flipping the image and assigning depth perception etc. etc. from the get-go with everything. Your brain, not your eyes does the heavy lifting with what you think you "see".

The Himba tribe has no word for blue...thus they can NOT pick out which square was different (blue) amongst the color green (on the right). They could easily spot a red square etc. as different. To the Himba...the circle on the right was a circle of all green squares.

BUT the Himba tribe has several words for the color Green...thus they can rapidly pick out the square that is a slightly different shade of green amongst the green squares (on the left)

edit on 7-7-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Further on the visual perceptual system...Count how many time the players in WHITE pass the ball.

This does have relevance when estimating how peoples perceptual systems might respond to encountering something entirely alien and unexpected.
edit on 7-7-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Very intriguing story, but back in the day's the parties could get quite wild where drugs would be introduced, is it possible just a theory that coming from a party your mental state from intoxication from alcohol or maybe other substances could have caused this phenomena ?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Every animal on earth is symbolic of something that's not on earth. As above so below. As for owls they symbolize wisdom but they also symbolize the alien/other worldlyness. Owls symbolize the watchers what you people call Illuminati. As the watchers they guide humanity some for greed others for good. Owls are multidimensional creatures/spirits you ever notice they are only active for a short period every day to hunt? What else are they doing? They are BEING STILL aka MEDITATING!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny1Ignorance

Yeah the mom was totally on acid as well as the kids LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Please use auto correct. Nice story though!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

Lol hey you never know!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phototropic

I apologize for taking so long to reply, I've not had a chance to log on for a few days.

As to your request, no worries ... Although I must admit that the experiences I've had may not be tied to the owl. All that I can really say is that these events occurred before and after the collision with the owl, but not immediately; there are varying stretches of time both before and after.

Relating these experiences to others (even in a venue such as this where I am for all intents and purposes anonymous) does cause a very intense, and for me quite unusual, anxiety and nervousness. Awful feeling, really.

However, if you're still interested, I can pm you with details.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

I would indeed like to hear what you've got to say. Anything you relate will, without fail, be kept confidential.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Rainbows......Owls......Time.......

Now, I'm not saying it was aliens.....

but it was HOGWARTS!!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19532989]Kapusta[/post

You are a funny guy. I post my experiences and you detail, harass, antagonize me for it. I posted almost all my greatest experiences in search of validation, you massively posted on every one of them.

I prayed you would have an experience. Now that it's a close friend you are wanting to believe, shall I begin counter attacks? No because I know how bad that hurts someone, at least it does to me.

If you could experience what I have I wish that for you seem as much as intelligent as you are ignorant. But who knows you really love your stars. How many posts you have here now? This story is nothing but third party account full of animals like what is this also a Disney movie? Snake owls and deer all hanging out together bro? Lol.

Much love my friend, Kapusta, Professional Forum Junkie.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join