It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A story I heard today.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't ever really post in here . but today I heard a story.

So we headed over to a BBQ as we do every year, to our good family friends house for the 4th.

These people "family friends " I have known since i was in 4th grade I am now 31 so its been some time . Great people , very warm , honest people ,thoes type of people you can call family .

Well my good buddy Chris , his Mom Rene was sitting out back with her mother who is in her early 80s , her mothers husband who is also an older gentleman and of course Rene's husband Rick.I over heard them talking about an incident that happend to them here in my hometown of Galt/ Woodbridge CA.

The word missing time caught my ear , so I walked outside and said "What's this about time slip" naturally the critical thinker in me wanted to try and debunk it or offer an alternative explanation to this "time slip/ missing time ",that's what I was assuming anyway...

Rene begain telling me the story about the time when her Mother ,two brothers, her self and mothers bf left a party that night at about 10:30 pm . As they were driving she said the sky lit up with a rainbow like color streak . She said it was very brite and they all saw it and assumed it was some sort of "shooting star " as she put it. Whelp right after that happend a white Owl came head on at the van nearly hitting the whind shield and scraped the top of the van as it went over .

She continues to tell me that another odd thing happend .As they were almost home she said their was a huge rattle snake in the road striking and nothing , they were driving up on it when they could see that it was striking as if it was trying to attack something? But obviously nothing was their.

The final part creeped me out ....they got home from what normally is a twenty min drive , to their suprise it was 2:30 am in the morning ! They had missing time nobody in that van could account for .

I asked rene and her mom if anyone felt like the time was missing and they both said no and that it felt like a 20 min drive . I then asked if they have ever experienced anymore missing time and of course they both said no.

Rene did tell me though that after that happened , for 15 years she would hear what she discribed as Morris code in her ears at night ?

I asked her what was everyones reaction to the missing time , She said after that night nobody really ever talked about it and that it was something they tried to forget because they couldn't understand it.

This story really gave me goose bumps when she was telling me , Because I know her to be an honest person and her mother confimed the story and said also it was something she had tried to forget about . Renes mother told me the rattle snake striking at nothing was a thought that really stuck in her mind and that it was associated with a bad feeling ?

I told them that i write on a forum (ATS) that has many UFO/ abduction threads and asked if i could tell the story , maybe get some answers for them.

So now I would like to ask for some opinion on this . I am not an expert on any of this stuff , in fact i am a skeptic really . I understand that i may never find a logical explanation for them , but maybe their is similarity out their that we can speculate on .

I just can't shake the feeling this story gave me

What happend to them?

Kap.

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

What was the approximate year of that event?

I would be willing to bet that event happened between 1960 and 1980. The early 1960s was one of the most prevalent times for abductions.

"White owls" are a frequent feature of obscured abductions cases. My own hidden memories blanks out about everything but a "big eye" that I can't quite recall but strongly sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

You know something i didn't even catch a date, but if i had to guess it was prob in the late 60s early 70s

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Sounds like a missing time /abduction experience of mine, the owl swooped at the windscreen as the car lit up and 'floated', near Avebury UK, an ancient stone circle. I have written about it on a few threads.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

Sounds like a missing time /abduction experience of mine, the owl swooped at the windscreen as the car lit up and 'floated', near Avebury UK, an ancient stone circle. I have written about it on a few threads.

So strange . As a skeptic i must say I am intrigued by this whole thing .

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

I had never really given any thought to being abducted or aliens or dimensions apart from those I learned about in physics until things started happening to me. The owl swoop floating car missing time experience was in 1997.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Wow, can I kindly ask you to elaborate a bit more ?

Sounds scary ...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

It is probably easier to read the comments on other threads.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=theabsolutetruth

Owls are known for being around supernatural type events.

I recall another time, when I was 15, living just beside the sea and the big Georgian window was right at the end of the room, it was summer and the curtains were open, it was night and as I was laying in bed when a huge owl appeared and hovered in front of the window for, it seemed like minutes like but was probably about 10 or 20 seconds, it was just staring, making eye contact, it felt surreal.

Recently on the way to Oxford my eyes caught some huge eyes in the road verge, it was a main road, it looked like a super tall cat but was an eagle owl just sitting there, in the long grass at the side of the road, it also kept eye contact, which felt a bit weird.

The owl in the Avebury abduction experience also seemed huge and again, was a weird precursor to an even weirder event, the events felt connected.

I since researched a bit about owls and abductions and it seems it is a known thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

That is consistent with many abduction stories...especially the white owl. Dolores Cannon has a number of books out that discuss people's experiences like that. She was a hypnotist who started doing that in middle age. And although initially a skeptic herself, after many years of regressing people and having them report past life experiences and abduction type stuff, she came to believe in it wholeheartedly.

In reading her books, the basic interpretation that I've come to understand is that there are certain people with whom alien/inter-dimensional beings have interacted, through out their lifetimes, because of innate....probably genetic....abilities on the psi-type stuff, that were being studied...or maybe groomed for what was then a coming major change on our planet.

The owl imagery and such, were veiling memories that were implanted in people, to lessen the shock of the interactions. However, the "abductions" themselves were mostly not malevolent, but more like when we take our dog to the Vet for an appointment. They were checking health issues....adjusting implants....and whatever else was needed.

I don't think it is unreasonable to think that beings that advanced, might be studying us and attempting to influence events as we unfold as a species. We study aboriginal tribes and such. We give people amnesic drugs to do surgeries that require some real time interaction with the patient, but that leave them without any memory of it. If you've ever had a colonoscopy or wisdom teeth extraction, you've probably had this done to you. Yet you remember nothing of it. Look around for videos of people acting hilariously loopy on the way home from a procedure. They are obviously awake, though confused as hell, and later remember nothing at all about it.

I had night terrors as a kid for years. And I remember once huddling in my bed in fear, at about ten years old, afraid to move a muscle, because I knew that right behind me, were some small men who would "get" me, if I did. When the sun finally came up, I bolted to my parents room screaming. Was I abducted? Meh...I have no idea, and no clear memories of anything like that. But, I was a sleep walker, and have been a lucid dreamer of many many years.

At any rate, I'm still here, and happy and whole.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

I am usually skeptical myself, but the rattlesnake striking at nothing reminded me of my own experience.

Long story short, I saw a man on a bicycle disappear. As a 'I'll believe it when I see it' kinda guy I couldn't believe what I saw. Maybe somebody driving past saw me looking for this man that wasn't there, just like your friends mother saw the rattle snake strike at something that wasn't there.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It would be awesome if Rene or another person who was a child at the time of the incident AND her mother could possibly by hypnotized separately to get an account of their stories, one from an adult's perspective and one from a child's. Since age has an effect on impressions and perceptions, it could be really interesting. What a great story.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

what kind of eye, describe it in detail.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"My own hidden memories..."

In my minds eye I can see what "they" look like, and I have been installing cameras cuz it happened again recently. The problem though is that it happens so randomly it hard to catch it on film (battery dies etc..)

One thing I have also noticed is that with the missing time, or shall I say before that happens, there is a deep humming type noise & typically I hear that then I fall into a sort of trance and I can't help but fall asleep only to wake up confused like I've just been placed back into my bed around 3-4 am.

Also the last time that occurrence happened I had some stuff that was thrown to the floor (the stuff was in front of my bed on a desk and was thrown to the floor, some stuff ended up under the bed) which highly suggests something was in my room or I was sleep walking which has never happened in my life.

In any case one of these days I will capture what it is and I will post it here because that's the best way to distance myself from the actual fact that it would be true at that point.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I heard this directly from the person it happened to- standing outside his car going home for the night he looked up at the moon saying to himself wow its really big tonight around twelve o clock, then awoke/Came to at exactly 6:59am turning 7:00 as he looked at his watch - he was about 2.5 -3 miles from where he parked in the middle of a small deep swamp standing on a log in an area off a main street he was feeling calm but had no idea where he was he said he had grass clipping on his shoes.
now the way he described where he was is this- he looked around for an way out and anyway he choose couldnt help but getting mud up to his knees no other way out climbed up an embankment and was on a main road he walk a bit trying to find out where he was and when he recognized where he was he walked 2-3 mile back to his car to find his keys wallet and phone layed out on his front seat in a perfect row. we used to go out all the time after that he didnt leave the house except or work for months ive tried numerous time to get him to tell/show me where he was dropped off at on google maps but he was either scared or it was blocked bc i could never get a good location. i still ask tho anyway he was playing with a 2W blue lazer the night before at his brothers house dont know if that has anything to do with it but this guy is of solid character too.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
wow ,Amazing stories ! I am really for the first time feeling open to the possibility that people are being abducted .

The similarity in the stories are stunning . I can't wait to share this information with Rene !

Thank you all so much for your stories !

kap

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
wow ,Amazing stories ! I am really for the first time feeling open to the possibility that people are being abducted .

The similarity in the stories are stunning . I can't wait to share this information with Rene !

Thank you all so much for your stories !

kap

If you end up interested look into Harvard Professor Dr John Mack, Bud Hopkins
and Kathleen Marden over at Mufon
for a great introduction to experiencers

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I will look into that ! Thank you

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well, S&F for an interesting read! This is just the sort of story that keeps this forum interesting.

There are some common elements to the story. Something unusual in the sky, an owl, and missing time. Why owls pop up so much in these things, I don't know. Bugs me, as I really love owls. Seen some close, and never a single creepy thing about them, but then, in these stories, they seem to be something different. The streak does sound like a meteor, and some can be pretty long. Seen a couple like that, but nothing weird those times.

The first thing to do here would be to discuss this with as any of those involved as possible, one-on-one, and see what they personally remember. Any little detail might help. Keep in mind that memory isn't an exact thing, and can be different from real events. This is why witnesses to events often remember them differently. Personal perceptions can cloud our memories. Getting as much data together as possible is the best start, in any case.

Next, look for commonalities in the recollections. Examining those could offer some clues. Finally, consider the possibility that they had the time off. The meteor, owl, and snake could be unrelated events, and they could have looked at a clock that was off at the party, then seen the real time upon arriving home. Unless several of them checked watches, and those were all in agreement later as well, it's hard to be certain there. Checking on that isn't a bad idea, just to eliminate the possibility.

I would avoid comparing this to any sort of event, though, because that could end up influencing the memories of those involved. That happens more easily than people might realize. Not mentioning abduction stories is the best route.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Indeed . I have decided to make a video about this . I'll reach out to Rene and see if I can get her to do a video interview. I have really taken an intrest in this. So if you or anyone else have any questions you would like me to ask please let me know .

Thanks much

Kap.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

You friend was left high and dry in a swamp?? Huh.......sounds like a lot of those found in the Missing 411 cases! Interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join