It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous changes their citation on the 4th of July

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Anonymous changes their citation on the 4th on July

Inspiring message from Anonymous released yesterday of all days on the 4th of july, changed their citation from "we will never forgive" - "we may forgive but we will never forget"

The concept of forgiveness has always been a deep issue with me for three quarters in my life, this is do to the overnight life changing experience I had 36 years ago, which was all for the better and I never regret the day since then; it has come to my understanding that when we as humans refuse to forgive each other we are no more different than those in tyranny, we are no different at all.

I've always been skeptical and kept at arms length away from Anonymous for that one thing that they would never forgive which, put them in the same category as those they were trying to change.

Our court systems are out of balance as of this very day, they know nothing of mercy and only require justice; for when there is only justice without mercy there is tyranny and when there is mercy without justice there's only lawlessness and there must be a even balance between the two.

Otherwise we are doomed to repeat our mistakes thousand times over and we will see our history repeat itself again and again until we come to this simple concept that we must have both; that is the true scale of justice!

In my mind , it is the delicate balance of mercy on one side & the other scale is justice and she is not blind to either for she weighs all the evidence and considers those before her.

For those who act with mercy will receive an equal portion in return as well.

Even though we can stand up in the face of tyranny even this very day to our governments around the world to surrender our bodies for the greater good and yet we don't love, and refuse to forgive....

It is all for nothing.....

However, we know forgiveness is active because we will never bring up those issues that have hurt us deeply however, we will be cautious to remember the acts of violence of our basic human rights, in this country or any other around the globe.

Of that in itself....YOU BETTER EXPECT WE WILL REMEMBER and NEVER FORGET and WILL HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE TO JUSTICE ~!

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I couldn't have said that any better. You can forgive a person who you hold accountable, especially those who have caused great harm to humanity.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The problems with humans and forgiveness is once you forgive, those you did suddenly think you can be friends again. I can forgive, but with forgiveness comes forgotten to me.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Nice post OP.

However: I sometimes wonder if forgiving is necessary or even beneficial when it concerns the actions of a psychopath or sociopath. Why? Because it will have no effect on them. There is no introspection, sense of guilt, remorse etc. Forgiving only emboldens such a "person", making them feel even more powerful and increasing the chance of additional crimes.

In all other cases, yes, forgiving is the way to go. Just MHO.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulwaxer

Nice post OP.

However: I sometimes wonder if forgiving is necessary or even beneficial when it concerns the actions of a psychopath or sociopath. Why? Because it will have no effect on them. There is no introspection, sense of guilt, remorse etc. Forgiving only emboldens such a "person", making them feel even more powerful and increasing the chance of additional crimes.

In all other cases, yes, forgiving is the way to go. Just MHO.

soulwaxer

Yes, i would sgree! I sat on a grand jury once...never again!!

and for the sake of other human beings, justice needs to be served, otherwise, there will be lawlessnes.

Our courts sre nothing more now than money makers (justice) without the slightest amount of consideration to the person's circumstance...(mercy) repeat offenders should have Justice.

My friend went through the entire process to adhere to the program never missed a PO session or court date and they still made him s fellon anyways for non-violent crime.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: soulwaxer

Forgiveness isn't for the other party, it's for you. There is a vast gulf between forgiveness and reconciliation. For example: I forgive my ex, and move on, but we will never reconcile as lovers because I cannot trust her with my heart. So it goes with those who have purposefully wronged us socially, economically, politically, environmentally. Forgive? Maybe... I'd like to move forward on a personal level. Reconcile? Never.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Forgiveness is not something you can choose to switch on/off. It is a process all humans go through. Firstly you have to EMPATHISE with the offender, that in turn leads to UNDERSTANDING of the crime and person, this in turn leads to FORGIVENESS. there are another 2 steps to follow and they are the reward for forgiving. This is turn leads to GRATITUDE wich in turn leads to ECSTACY.
ENLIGHTENMENT.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Forgiveness isn't for the other party, it's for you. There is a vast gulf between forgiveness and reconciliation. For example: I forgive my ex, and move on, but we will never reconcile as lovers because I cannot trust her with my heart. So it goes with those who have purposefully wronged us socially, economically, politically, environmentally. Forgive? Maybe... I'd like to move forward on a personal level. Reconcile? Never.

I appreciate and understand what you are saying, but I said nothing about reconciliation. To me it speaks for itself that one should never reconcile with a psychopath or sociopath.

My only point was that there is no point to forgiving these "people". That would be like forgiving a snake for biting you. If it means nothing to the snake, it shouldn't mean anything to the victim. The victim can move on on a personal level without forgiving the snake.

soulwaxer

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
forgiveness is self delusion and self denial all wrapped up in a soggy wet ball of dissociation.
this thought pattern allows the people who have wronged you an angle at repeating the process.
as conan say's:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: chewi
Forgiveness is not something you can choose to switch on/off. It is a process all humans go through. Firstly you have to EMPATHISE with the offender, that in turn leads to UNDERSTANDING of the crime and person, this in turn leads to FORGIVENESS. there are another 2 steps to follow and they are the reward for forgiving. This is turn leads to GRATITUDE wich in turn leads to ECSTACY.
ENLIGHTENMENT.

You make it sound so simple, but I can't disagree.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s

Yes, they are 2 different ideas completely. It seems like many people have a definition of forgiveness that goes way past it's simple meaning.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
True forgiveness can only be through love, thus removing another's transgression from the thought process. In God's eyes it would be through cleansing or purifying the spirit, which we are incapable. Only through love can we begin to forgive.

Just my .2$

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
forgiveness is the difference in group beliefs like the Cristians vs Catholic.....muslim....jew....
it allows one to know and have peace....the other way, non-forgiving....keeps 'em wondering if they'll make it in the end.
yep, they wrote a book about it.

funny....my bud realized he had to forgive his father for terrorizing the 8 kids when young.....new trophy wife and told the young ones to never say the mothers name again.....put 'em in an orphanage when the dad was in the friggin air force.....commander found out......so my bud was deep.....asked the state counselor for a book on forgiveness....she told him none were available.....then he found one, rest is history.
edit on 5-7-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: chewi
ENLIGHTENMENT.

You make it sound so simple, but I can't disagree.
The hard part is exercising your free will. You can choose to have empathy or not. My point being you cannot forgive without going through this process. Its like the grieving process it follows certain laws and rules that have to be obeyed. If you do not follow each step you cannot move on, causing the energy/emotional blockage. When you truly Empathise then the othr steps come naturally. Try Empathising with someone who has wronged you and feel its effect on you. I promise you will feel "lighter". Message me for more info. It really works in 5 short steps and quickly as well.

top topics

join