It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeade Ballistics Gelatin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I came across this site that gives a very simple explanation on how to make your own gelatin at home. Obviously it won't be as accurate as FBI issued gel, but it will add another thing to look at when you go shooting.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm looking forward to. First I need to go out and get some ammo so I have something to shoot at it!

Has anyone ever "cooked" their own ballistics gel and used it before?

DIY Ballistics Gel
edit on PMSat, 04 Jul 2015 19:24:43 -050072015Saturday0462015715 by ArnoldNonymous because: Screwed up title

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You might want to avoid posting stuff like that on the internet, you don't want added to a terrorist list.
edit on 4-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
At hi velocity, one gallon plastic milk jugs filled with water work fairly well.

If the jug explodes in a fantastic spray of water and shards of plastic, you found your stopping power.

A shallow mud puddle can also suffice. How big the dry spot is shows impact energy, too.

Bales of newspaper tied together as thick as a torso, 1" thick pine boards taped together. Sand, (just sand)…

lets see, what else is fun to shoot at and a lot less messier than Ballistic Gel?

Thing is Gelatin doesn't move or shoot back, so theres that.

Can't stop what you can't hit.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
But I would rather eat the Jello. I know, it is best to eat what you shoot yourself.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

sounds a little chewy
and may stopper
your plopper, but...

join