It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British And American Music Swap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are bands and solo artists from both countries that our respective ATS'ers have probably never heard of. These bands and solo artists either didn't release material in either country, or if they did then they never charted.

So how about a " swap". Lets have some music from each country that neither have heard before. We may then say " Bloody hell that's good, if that was made available at the time then i would have bought that".

The music can be from any decade that you wish. I will kick off with this 1980 release by " The Jam " Then it's over to you.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Midway still.

UK band btw.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Is it ok to be an englishman that offers a US track? I think so.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

why not?

im an american offering up a brit.

best guitarist alive today.

guthrie govan

dont judge by only one short clip. i dont throw this term around a lot but he is a true virtuoso. his knowledge of music theory is ridiculous. most of those guys with crazy deep theory these days just shred but guthrie is a different animal.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Traffic is a little slow at present but thank's for those contributions. I liked them both

My contributions are more mainstream. Here is another by " Soft Cell "

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

Bloody hell. He's good.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In the UK, peel away the overproduced, contrived pap that gets into the charts and on to the radio, the music is rich indeed.

Juts a couple of traditional folk tunes updated by real musicians...

Something a bit laid back...

Something bang up to date...

edit on 4/7/2015 by paraphi because: corrected a link

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

One of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Being Canadian it is AWESOME. I get Brit music and American music. And ours but that's not what this is about. Keep it up guys.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Jamie T
Stormoway

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Perfect timing. I'm late to the party though , I've just discovered The Smiths. Johnny Marr and Morrisey blow me away. I love "how far is now". Level 42... Old stuff to you...nice segway into the new British stuff! I really am a wicked Anglophile!. Johnny Marr used to play with the The Pretenders? Probably why I always loved them!

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that on this little island comes all this? The sun never sets on British music!

top topics

join