It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally caught a spirit on camera today!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

That could be a reasonable explanation? I don't know, to be completely honest...

At what time in the vid was the pic you posted?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: game over manYes I have been with ATS for a long time, I have even been a host on 2 of the ATS live radio shows.. if you go back I have always shared my experiences here, but this was the first time we really caught something with video footage other than a ufo sighting my daughter got a few years ago. I don't come to ATS to convince.. I just come to share. I tried to see how the idea presented by Qumulys would be plausible, but I just don't see it. The raw video is still on my daughter in laws cell phone. I actually shared a post about red and white mists about a year or so ago.. I think this might be related as the health issue I had at that time has returned. This is something that wasn't just seen on camera but was seen physically as well. Qumulys doesn't take that into account.

edit on 5-7-2015 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2015 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Mysterioustranger back again for another point. You titled your thread here in an affirmative, positive and definite confirmation of what you cannot verify as any kind of fact.

Youre affirming that you finally(means at last and positively) have caught a "spirit" on camera. A couple things are wrong with that statement.

One, that you believe its finally happened, positively, for sure after a long time using a camera in your lifetime. You said (in para-phrasing effect)... you've finally caught one on film.You have identified and affirmed that "blur" was a "spirit"...and we all know a spirit has never quite been positively identified in form or intent...so how would you know WHAT it is? You don't. Not for sure or positively.

Two, you assured us all its true...is now you have caught a "spirit" on film. But, we cant all agree on spirits(coming in many ways and forms and means and methods)..as to what one really appears as.

I take it as being akin to the type of statement that "Look! Wow! Ive finally caught an alien, UFO, flying orb-spaceship on film!". That would be a lot of unconfirmed words and terms in there.
1. You don't know its an "alien" anything.
2. Don't know its any kind of "ship" or saucer or spacecraft.
3. The only confirmable point would be you had caught an "unidentifiable (U), object (O) flying in the sky(F)=U.F.O.-can't be identified.

You identifying an unknown as a "spirit" where as it could be, but probably is not...it may have been better to have titled this thread as "Ive caught something strange at last on film! Can anyone tell me what I caught?"

But its a great stretch to say you've at last, finally, after a long time...have for sure and certain...caught a "spirit"...when it could be anything, and certainly most likely NOT a spirit...

Light anomaly, lens flash, flare, glare, shadow, film or digital file recording anomaly...maybe. Spirit? As a singular conclusion it is one....is wayyyyyyy off...

Just making a point here....thanks for the thread.

edit on 5-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I disagree. Although it may not be the case here. And you may disagree because you are not one of these people. But some people have seen many spirits and find it easy to identify them. Even in videos and photographs. It is merely the difference between someone with enough of the right experience and someone without.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: suruptileous
Thank you. I have been visited by everything from fully formed beings radiating light to creepy shadow watchers since I was very young.. like 3.. I am a shaman.. I found that out in my mid teens.. so it explained a lot, so hence.. I am used to spirits and other entities. This is why I don't tend to freak out about it, and I don't really get bothered if someone doesn't believe... I just share for the sake of those who are seeking and those who have had experiences of their own.
I have been pleasantly surprised by how respectful the few skeptics have been, and although they have some good ideas, they just don't fit with everything taken into consideration.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice video! thanks for posting. I don't think its a bug. Maybe a reflection of something outside that is moving? a reply to: NephraTari

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: HooDooOperator
It was in my bedroom last night, so I don't think that is the case

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I am not entirely convinced... it looks CGI for some reason... but I have to say something similar happened to me when I was skyping with 1 of my gfs and the entity went through the wall and my gf and I saw it through the camera because it went behind me. It did not look anything like the one in your video but it was as bright as yours.

Cheers and good catch if it is true

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

I have to ask, why do you take the huge leap to say that this "anomaly" is a spirit of some sort?

People catch odd things on film all of the time, but most people do not claim it was a spirit, nor does it cross their mind at all.
edit on 6-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Where's the ghost? All I saw was a fuzzy blur.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When you have lots of spirit contact within your family and catch something on video or on a photo, it is much easier to accept that what you got was something paranormal because you already know that is around somewhere.

But then, the other side of that is that you can be all to accepting of something as paranormal if it is not.

In this case, knowing a little about NephraTari, I know it is not CGI.
I also believe it not to be a reflection from Thomas the Tank Engine.

My own personal experiences with spirits makes me lean towards a spirit caught on camera or a bug, on of the two, but people don't seem to think it is a bug, so I am gonna go with a spirit, way to go NephraTari!

I already know these things exist, so until someone can prove it is something else,
I'm going to enjoy the idea of it being a spirit.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well, interesting thread, and nice to see that most of the discussion has been civil! Before I state my opinions, I want to make it clear that I do not automatically dismiss all ghost stories, and am not a complete skeptic. I have seen/heard/experienced things myself, from time to time, and know plenty of stories from my family, and others, to know there are some things around that science hasn't explained. So, bear that in mind, please.

For the video, I watched it more than once. I had the sound muted, so didn't note any music, and don't really care on that issue. If I was covering ambient sounds, and added music, I might pick something spooky, too, if I believed I caught a ghost. Clearly NephraTari believes that to be the case, so, scary music fits. No big deal there. However, watching the video several times, I see nothing but light reflecting off of something. A bug, most likely, or some weird reflection coming through the curtains (does that with mine from time to time), or something of the sort. But, a reflection. The camera does have light, which I believe was confirmed, and we do see that on the table at one point.

The train does reflect also, which we see very clearly on the table, so it was worth considering, but, viewing it again, I don't see a correlation between the very miniscule train movement and the light effect. Still, not a bad point to investigate! To Qumulys, good, logical thinking so far; just what is needed in a case like this. For that blur you see, with the older boy, that is a camera effect. I have caught that in still pics myself, while taking pictures of a birthday party, and I KNOW there was nothing weird to my eyes, but the camera can blur and distort that way for fast motion. Wild-looking, I agree, but I don't think it's any different from what I have seen in my pics.

This light, though, is a reflection. I take a lot of pics, and video, and now and again see that sort of thing. I even occasionally see such things from light down on the street, and we are up on a hill, away from the road a bit. It happens. Trying to recreate it isn't a bad idea, but the chances are, it's something that reflected outside, or a fly or moth, and you won't be able to duplicate the effect. All personal experience aside, that is the most logical explanation. It was interesting enough to post, for certain, and discuss, but I firmly believe it's something much more mundane than a spirit. That said, hearing about some of the experiences of the OP would be interesting! I have as I said, experienced enough weirdness myself that I am willing to consider other cases!

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

As I have said here in the thread and all over ATS for the past 12 years... I have been experiencing that paranormal since I was very young.. as far back as I can remember. I have seen this thing in my room with my eyes at night. It was in my room last night actually.. so when it was caught on camera.. I knew it was the same thing I have been seeing. What people also fail to take into account is that my daughter in law saw the light physically and then stopped the video to see if the camera caught it as well.. A reflection into the camera lens or a moth would not appear like what you see with the physical eye the same as what was on the camera. I am a Native American Shaman.. spirits are always around me.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Please read my previous reply to introvert. I have been seeing this thing around the house at night. In a pitch black room. No lights to reflect other than the entity itself.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

That's all well and good, but how do we know that you are not just "bs'ing" us?

How do we know that your "paranormal" experiences are not simply manifestations and justifications from a mind that has experienced traumatic events and must interpret those events with a "paranormal" explanation, in order to avoid accepting the initial traumatic event?

In reading your previous posts/threads, one must ask if you have experienced something very traumatic in your life that leads you to these conclusions.
edit on 6-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
For me, I would question my sanity many times over if it weren't for the fact that nearly every experience I have ever had was shared with at least one other individual. I am not alone and the people who share them vary.
And for the other question.. "you" may not know, but the 'we' would be the rest of ATS, there are a great number of members who have known me for a long time. We have shared experiences in the forums and on ATS live radio. Those who know me, know that I am not the type of person to post just for the sake of posting. I only post when I have something I feel is important to share. I don't post it to convince anyone of anything, I post so that those who have had their own experiences know they are not alone and can compare mine with their own. Those who have had experiences spend a great deal of time trying to understand them.. this is one way we go about trying to understand. By sharing and comparing.

edit on 6-7-2015 by NephraTari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
After watching it again today I can clearly see the coffee table lit up by the very bright cell phone light. The movement reminds me of a bug, but also could be a piece of dust being blown by the fan around the room, maybe there is another fan in the room? I tried to look up video examples on youtube of bugs or dust lighting up like the object in this video to compare. Didn't find any but I just remembered when you have dust on your lens and take photos you have "snowballs" in your picture, so maybe the same goes for taking video with the light on you may get little pieces of dust lit up.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

All due respect, but my question still stands. Have you experienced something extremely traumatic in your early years or as a young adult?

Also, how have you come to earn the title of a Native American shaman? In most tribes and native communities the use of the word or title 'Shaman' is an insult. Native Americans did not/do not practice shamanism.

That is a common misconception that arose out of commercial stereotypes and the New Age movements during the 60's and 70's, that saw a rise in people claiming to be "shamans", but were nothing more than spiritualists attaching themselves to a culture.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You are most incorrect. Many tribes have and had shamans and the title was given to me by an Elder shaman in my tribe when I was a teen. As for Trauma, I don't know a person alive who can't say they have had something traumatic happen to them at least once in their lives. I am certain I have experienced many traumatic things, one might consider shadow people watching you every night to be traumatic. Back to the title of Shaman, it is not a name I gave myself. I am not a new ager that sought out shamanism. I was born a natural shaman. This was explained to me at the time. Trauma doesn't change reality, especially when as I have stated previously nearly all experiences have been shared with others.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
light anomaly

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join