It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally caught a spirit on camera today!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thanks
but watch again on full screen during the slowed down bit, and pause play pause play through it with your eye on Thomas. Thomas is ever so slightly being pushed forwards, I had to do it full screen to see it clearly.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
Yeah, I'm thinking it's Thomas. Look at this pause at 9 seconds, it's very quick. The same colour of light that happens later in the vid.

I'd say a little bit of light bounced just right into the lens from off shiny Thomas.
Just to refine my take, watch from the slowed down portion of the video and pause and play slowly and carefully watching the movement of thomas at the time of the reflection.

I call absolute BS on this idea. There seems to be absolutely no relationship whatsoever between the toy and the light, I mean absolutely none.
And as we can call BS as soon as we like and put into doubt the honesty of anybody at all just because of a title and music, well I just did it too, Just because we can.

edit on 4-7-2015 by Jonjonj because: grammar

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys

I did, but not enough movement for my liking to match that large movement of light. Also the kids hand is over the part at 24 seconds I saw reflect.

No dice from me yet

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

At :26 it has a bug like appearance when it first comes into camera view.

I took a screenshot and darkened just to see if it would come out any clearer than what I was thinking I saw.

Since no one has suggested bug yet,
I figure I might as well throw it out there since I noticed.

lol

On the flip side,
in the dream I mentioned earlier,
the spirit showed itself to look like this:

*ponder*

edit on 4-7-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, took me ages, but look how often and how many reflections of light are coming from Thomas. From his roof, his front collar, his underneath and sides, all with a colour value of light similar to what we see.

Her husband said nothing could be reflecting light in the room. Really?

Zazz, but you agree there is movement, light from a torch spreads out, don't forget a camera lens is tiny so light bouncing off Thomas into the lens will spread out and cause this reflection/bloom. I'm seeing an awful lot of reflections coming from him, the chance of it hitting right back to the lens is shown multiple times in the video.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: NephraTari
I seldom put up any videos, personal experiences on ATS anymore because of the snotty reactions and comments.
I don't mind criticism and skepticism but rudeness is unacceptable.
Thanks for putting it back up!

Since I was the only one in disagreeance with the OP I assume you're talking about me? I honestly don't think I was being snotty or rude, skeptical yes, critical yes. But not abrasive. Just because I think it is presented in a clearly slanted way to ATS should not mean I be labeled as snotty or rude. Are we not here to deny ignorance? At least I've tried to show and explain my position, I felt the OP already had their mind made up which I think is not how this video should have been presented to us, we are here to discuss the cause of the light, would you be happier if I left the thread?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I certainly don't think you should leave. You have been respectful with your opinions although a bit persistent lol.
I honestly don't see the Thomas train creating that by its movement. It is not extreme enough to cause the movement of the light. I know you are reaching, because you feel you need to explain this. Some fear what they don't understand.
Some are at peace with the knowledge that we can't know or understand all that there is to know. While we may not agree... I think a alternate perspective is always a good thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i'd say it has something to do with that window and probably reflection from a car driving by

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Glad to hear you post, I was worried you'd left because of me! Persistent yes! Because I go where the evidence is that's all.

At the start of the big 'ghost' reflection, you will note it appears twice;

That's due to two parts of glass of the lens, one of the reflections is brighter than the other but they overlay as we would see in a typical camera reflection. There is also the pin point of light on Thomas here. Anyway, I think I've outlined my case well enough here for now

Surely though you have some doubts now? My mind was not made up fully until I spent more time looking at the video as is evident in this thread until I noticed Thomas, I did suggest a reflection but from elsewhere in the room or outside, so perhaps I was searching for something to satisfy my mind that fits my position, so perhaps I am biased too... Has your mind changed from spooky ghost or slightly wavered at least?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
she didn't choose spooky music, the music was on the tv show the son was waTCHING

I don't suppose he was watching the wacky you-tube video on a smart phone? (Just to clarify how many children were in the room? Is the you-tube kid one of the kids we see playing or another one in a corner? Who was behind you? Or to your far left/right? Are there wind-chimes outside? Perhaps a shiney delivery truck outside the window? It could be so many things, but you say you have not made up your mind, but I am troubled to believe you seeing as you've created a topic called "Finally caught a spirit on camera today!" in a video with x-files type music in which you intro it with the words... (hmm video removed by user now... but it did say something along the lines of "Ghostly visitor in my house".

Doesn't seem all that open minded to me, why not just say, "What caused this light to move across the room?"

edit: Oh geez, I see the video was removed because of me... I did not think I was coming off as harsh? Just can't see how you were being purely objective when you choose the spooky music, along with the other leading words you've used. You have to admit why you choose that style of music, and now removed it, seems like a guilty reaction? I'm sorry you felt the need to change the video.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Neph originally had x-files type music on the video, they took down the video after I said it was kind of leading the audience and re-uploaded it without the music. Did you read what you quoted?

(post by IsntLifeFunny removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: IsntLifeFunny

Ok, I think I'll leave the thread seems like the best thing for now as I'm being called an ass simply for trying to show the cause of this ghost. Didn't realize we were always supposed to agree with everything we read at face value and accept it. I'm sorry you felt this way IsntLifeFunny, this site did used to be about debunking things to try and find truth you know. For the first time in 5 years I feel like I don't fit in. :-/

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Quite a few people don't believe in ghosts at all, but will still post in ghost threads which tells me they are looking for support of their non-belief. (That way they feel more confident that after they die, there will be no accounting for the life they lived.)

This video is similar to others I have seen that show a white glob/smoky thing buzzing around, and even though it looks like what you might expect to see in a crummy CGI made thing, it could in fact be a spirit, and that is just how they come out looking on camera sometimes.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Ok, I think I'll leave the thread seems like the best thing for now as I'm being called an ass simply for trying to show the cause of this ghost. Didn't realize we were always supposed to agree with everything we read at face value and accept it. I'm sorry you felt this way IsntLifeFunny, this site did used to be about debunking things to try and find truth you know. For the first time in 5 years I feel like I don't fit in. :-/

Really, now you're going to play martyr role and bring up ATS history? If you wanted to debunk the video then do so, because the massive majority of what you've done is hound the lady about the music...even after she changed it. Sheesh. This place used to have thick skin. Grow some.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This is really interesting! I would say CGI too but the youtube channel didn't look like one of a hoaxer and the poster is from 2003 on ATS. So if it's not CGI, it's really bizarre! How it disappears into the floor in slo mo looks kind of fake. Also how the light went from solid to transparent in such a short amount of time is really interesting too.

I'm not buying the light reflection theory at all either. I'm completely perplexed. It moves so fast I can't think of what it would be, and causing a reflection from a bird or bug outside would create a shadow not a light.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

*sigh*
I'm not trying to be a martyr. All I have done is debunk the video, it's been rather lonely on my side I must say as most people just want to blindly believe in ghosts. There are approximately 12 occasions where light is reflecting off the toy. Each of those moments are very split second quick events.

I strongly believe that Neph did try and lead the audience and yes the music was a big part of that early on. She choose x-files type music (now removed) and she used these words to describe it;
"spirit, scary, entities" and on the youtube description as "Strange Ghost/ Light Entity, paranormal activity, and strange ghostly visitor"

She claims her husband saw no reflections, yet there are at least 12 from that toy. A pinpoint of light on it over a distance of approx 1.5 meters to the camera lens which is probably only around 1cm in diameter would be plenty to cause what we see, but simply by pointing out all these facts I get accused of being rude, snotty a BS'er and an ass. I'd like the discussion to continue about the video but it seems I'm obstructing that outcome because people prefer to believe in ghosts and not question what they are shown.

Whatever, what a miserable outcome.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I appreciate the work you've done . Don't worry about getting into emotions.

The frame photo below, if there is a light in the background continuously where is the continuous light from thomas?

(lol can't believe I'm talking about thomas the tank engine )

ps. im not saying "ghost", I think as I don't know what was going behind the camera I would say it has to be external light from somewhere behind the mum. But reflecting off thomas isn't continous from your own photo.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

It is slight, but note how big the refection is that Thomas makes on babies chest at 22 seconds, thats a distance of only a few inches, later when it reflects forwards to the camera has further to spread, but it is a much smaller reflection. We only just see it on top of ole Thomas as a slight high light, but I would suggest that's because it's not a perfectly direct line to the ccd, rather catching the edge of the lens.
When you watch the entire video, just watch Thomas, he is cause every single one of the 12 or so flashes of light, each of them fractions of seconds as Thomas is always on the move to the station. Hopefully this big pic fits (took ages)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join