It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally caught a spirit on camera today!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

Yes she did at the time! She turned to my son but he was staring at his phone. I have seen flashes like this in a dark room with no light quite frequently lately.. and until now I thought it was just me and ignored them. I have gotten rather used to strange activity over the years... but it is nice to have something my husband can't pass off as nothing as he really is the biggest skeptic in the house.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

You wouldn't be able to process what you actually saw. You only saw light.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari

So it's summer at the hottest time of day... In other words very sunny and you mention curtains but there is still a lot of sunlight streaming through in there.
This is why I said Stale Mate. There is no way to prove what caused that reflection which I guess came from something outside the house and into the room, and you had already had your mind set chosen by the choice of music, and words you used like 'spirit' and 'ghostly'. I can't see how we can come to any satisfactory answer here.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Qumulys
lol no worries. You must understand that I am quite used to strange things going on. I don't mind that you think it's a reflection. My husband who is the biggest skeptic I have ever met, ruled that out and he knows our house inside and out, so for me... that is huge. You are welcome to your opinion. It doesn't bother me a bit.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Spirits traveling quickly will often appear as a stretched out blur, not unlike what is on your video.

edit on 06/24/2015 by suruptileous because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If this video isn't fake, which I am leaning towards, it must be some sort of reflection that occurs while the older boy speeds up his movement, and the light from the lamp is allowed to pass by the boy.

I can't tell for certain, but it appears that the light's speed is close to that of the movement of the boy.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

But how can he have ruled out it being a reflection? Just cause he knows the house inside and out does not necessarily mean he knew every single movement of every person and item at that time. It could have been a silvery candy bar wrapper being blown past a window for example, or light coming in from off a post-mans helmet. Or someone looking at bills and it bouncing off the clear window on the front of the letter. You have to agree that it is sunny, there is light coming in from outside and that reflection of light are something that happens far more regularly than the sighting of 'spirits'.

But I'm glad we can agree that we can't agree I guess

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NephraTari I've never seen anything like it. Wow.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Slowed it down even more and did the stop action on it . It almost appears as if the light is between the camera and the boy running. And as we know , you couldnt have a reflection in open air. I am the last to believe , but other than a quick cgi , I am lost.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Knowing you Neph, I would never say you CGI'd it.

I went though frame by frame, and the light does travel in stretched out then compressed small orb form. First I thought it was a flash light, but when I slowed it down to by frame I saw the light do some interesting moves and change shape not at all like flash light.

S and F

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
When she was recording was the phone's light on? If it was (since it is quite bright light) and some big dust or bug were to flow past very close to the camera the dust would light up like that.

To check whether or not the camera light is on just record a new video and check if it turns on automatically?

I'm not saying that this is the explanation, but it could be.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
New theory.
Pause at 22 seconds, look at the roof of Thomas the Tank Engine, it pics up bright light from the window behind him very briefly. Then he plonks Thomas down on the coffee table and ever so slightly rotates Thomas as the light whizzes from right to left. I think it may have come from Thomas, also note at the start of the video a very similar colour of bright light is seen on that coffee tables corner, the same table Thomas is on.

edit; pic to demonstrate in lower post, the main 'ghost' is a reflection more likely from the black front collar of Thomas, not his roof, but the roof clearly shows how that plastic is manipulating the light.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Nice catch, thanks!

Would debunk any light sources, dust and bugs.

Paranormal wise: Has a loved one past as of late. Or previous feeling of a presence in the home? The light orb light structure to me may indicate a friendly/loving spirit.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
what you see on the table is from the camera... but I have never seen a camera light reflection travel through the air without the camera moving with it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Yes that was my feeling as well. There are a few spirits that might want to visit on a holiday. My daughter in laws Grandmother or my Mother in law.. Perhaps even one of my grandparents.. no one recent, but there are certainly many possibilities.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: suruptileous

I once had a dream where I was being lead around by a spirit of some kind and it was zipping from person to person in an extremely fast blur motion and interacting with a mirror image of the people it was getting information from.
(It was a very informative dream)

Spirits seem to zip to us, but to them it is like time has slowed down, we move in slow motion.
At least that is what I was shown in the dream.

Was a weird one...lol

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm thinking it's Thomas. Look at this pause at 9 seconds, it's very quick. The same colour of light that happens later in the vid.

I'd say a little bit of light bounced just right into the lens from off shiny Thomas.
Just to refine my take, watch from the slowed down portion of the video and pause and play slowly and carefully watching the movement of thomas at the time of the reflection.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

After watching :25 to :29 on the video over and over,
I don't think personally that is the train reflecting.
It just doesn't seem to be the cause when I watch, but then
I am no camera/photographer expert either.
It just doesn't look like it to me.

The train isn't doing anything in that split second that I can see that causes a reflection on the lens.
But that's just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

The thomas theory is good research, but the camera and Thomas are still at the point of the light 'anomoly'

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I agree there is not much light during that time frame, but a bright point is there on the collar, I think it is just catching the lens at an angle. Pause play during that time frame, thomas is moving forwards towards the camera in perfect unison to the movement of the light of which there is a tiny point on his collar. There are many reflections during the whole video coming from Thomas, especially when he is on the table, it would seem a much more likely candidate than a ghost to me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join