It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
my christian friends are always saying to me that i will go to hell, although they say they'll put in a good word for me to god. then again i think well it's not like im the only one going to hell...surely if christianity is the only true religion then there's going to be more people going to hell than going to heaven... weird. i dont get how you can even trust most of the stories written about jesus, when the four gospels were written decades after the death of jesus by people that never even met the so called messiah. so you take the say so of four people that never met jesus, that he was crucified and preached christianity. as much as christians dont like it they should learn that their so called 'word of god' bible is not actualy the word of god. it's the word of man, it's the curruption of kings, it's the lies the catholic church continue to teach, it's the editing and changing down the history of time...that is why a person who believes in christianity has to have so much faith...because on logic and common sense alone one could not believe the bible to be anything but non-factual.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I dont know what christians youve been talkin 2 but people arent supposed to tell others to go to hell. Thats Gods decision.

It's definently not some rare phenomonen amongst christians to condemn non believers.. I was raised catholic and hypocricy is common place. Some people think the label 'christian' grants them superior moral charactor/ authority over others.

I cant believe there are people who dont believe in evolution. I just think of it as Gods way of creating things.

Thats understandable.. the two don't contradict eachother.. and evolution doesn't detract from the concept of god.. but people still get offended by it. It's a shame they can't see it for the miracle [god or not] that it is.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Our Savior told us that we would be hated, just as He was hated. Notice the lies and the twisting of facts, while the ignoring of the real threats. And, notice that they attack only Christianity and all the while claim to only be going for the "truth".

Theres that word again "Attack". I ask the question again,
why is when any religion is put to question it automatically becomes
an attack?

Lies?? Facts?? The whole point of questioning something is to get the
facts.

Why do people hate Christians? I don't remember anyone on
ATS saying they hated christians.
The real hate is the arrogance that the Bible is the literal and true work
of God. The minute than an alternative view or a question is put forth,
it becomes an Attack.
Who is attacking Who here?

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by Croat56
I dont know what christians youve been talkin 2 but people arent supposed to tell others to go to hell. Thats Gods decision.

It's definently not some rare phenomonen amongst christians to condemn non believers.. I was raised catholic and hypocricy is common place. Some people think the label 'christian' grants them superior moral charactor/ authority over others.

I cant believe there are people who dont believe in evolution. I just think of it as Gods way of creating things.

Thats understandable.. the two don't contradict eachother.. and evolution doesn't detract from the concept of god.. but people still get offended by it. It's a shame they can't see it for the miracle [god or not] that it is.

Ya im catholic to. Some of us just dont know to stop condmening when we shood realize God loves all his children

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by madhatter
an attack?

In this case 'Christianity' is being attacked through anger and claims it is false.

If Christians were to claim that Darwinism was false then they would be attacking 'evolution'.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by madhatter
an attack?

In this case 'Christianity' is being attacked through anger and claims it is false.

If Christians were to claim that Darwinism was false then they would be attacking 'evolution'.

Which is something that should be done, if no one challenged scientific theories than a lot of what we now know today would still be incorrect. I don't think you could call such a thing an attack because it expands our understanding of things and forces us to re-think our beliefs. Of course it does take a very convincing argument or new pecice of evidence to changes ones mind, but i think at least being open to new ideas and the idea that things may be different to what you have been taught is something that is healthy. This should not only apply to theories but also things that are considered to be fact.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by Trent]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Basically i am referring to the ones on this board... It seems that the majority of the people on this board tend to want to soley focus in on Christianity to try and destroy it. Sure, not everything is correct, the bible wasnt in the hands of the least corrupt when it was written, and it was written by man. But some people on this board, such as someone like Amadeus, are out to soley try and disprove, or bash Christians. It is getting old and ridiculous. Listen i dont care if you dont want to believe that Jesus was the savior, and God, but the question is why do you choose to fight those who say that he is. You dont focus in on Islam, the religion that has parts that could be interpretted as preaching terrorism, instead you attack christianity, and some people even try to say its God's fault that man went on the crusades, when that is obviously a lie. I am just so sick of you people pulling this crap. I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced that there is a God, and that Jesus was the Messiah, is lying to themselves. No matter WHAT religion you are. Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Aethist, Budhist, ANY form, i promise.

in this world... the taoist said there is the "ying and yang".... the haters and non-haters... i am christian myself as far as i known and because we always help others no matter what. e.g. the jews betrayed Jesus and we still saved them in WW2 or we saved france and they backstab us today.

the worst thing of all "hate". does your religion requires you to hate and kill others? if yes, it is most likely considered as a cult or barbaric descendant. figure this out, why would a religion included hate in their teaching? to me its like starting the ultimate clan bin laden.

i dont care if you're falun gong or not. please don't take anyone's life for your religion. it is more like hitler blaming the jews and holocust.

for once in life. please... the word "peace" does it mean anything to you? or you just want supreme power like the romans achieve 8yrs of peace through fear or we can cooperate together without bloodshed.

i will pray for you all no matter what. this is the Lords world and i will do as he ask and what Jesus would have done also.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
when someone titles a thread about this. Is it a conspiracy?
Okay, here's some topics for the history books for those who have not been keeping up:

Was "Jesus" a "bastard" & the Church tried to Cover it up with the VirginBirth Stories?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Paganism of Christianity

The Bible is the literal word of God, Discuss?

Why do people belive in Creationism, how could they think that?

My theory: Every story in the bible is fake but has great meaning...

"Faith" - The Christian's Clever Escape Move

Add 'em to your favorites and enjoy! I guess a thread has to be long before peeps pounce on Christians. I prefer the candid approach myself. I don't feel persecuted here. The day I start having concerns about someone trying to silence me or end my life is when I think the real persecution begins....it's only scratching the surface with being 'Politically Correct'. Here's a 'cause and effect' for this country though. The more I'm told to be quiet, the louder I get. The more I'm labeled ordinary, the more I'll be standing out. Vive la resistance!

[edit on 27-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The more I'm told to be quiet, the louder I get. The more I'm labeled ordinary, the more I'll be standing out. Vive la resistance!

Do you think you are alone in this? All of us are the same way on that! I know I am!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Do you think you are alone in this? All of us are the same way on that! I know I am!

I guess that's why I like this platform, but it's not just being here. It's everywhere. That means getting all the slaps from society, public life, and interpersonal relationships. It's a tough ride, but if I suddenly disappear, don't rule out persecution 'cause I'm sure it's coming

[edit on 27-12-2004 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I personally don't think people can hate someone because of their religious beliefs, they can disagree and conflict but not hate. That would be plain stupid and unfair.

I don't agree that people are being "attacked".

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
but it's not just being here. It's everywhere. That means getting all the slaps from society, public life, and interpersonal relationships. It's a tough ride

I don't think there is anything about this you can tell me! My faith gets a lot more of it than yours does! I had to "stay pretty much in the closet" when my kids were little.....

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
Basically i am referring to the ones on this board... It seems that the majority of the people on this board tend to want to soley focus in on Christianity to try and destroy it.

If christianity wouldnt tell people to believe in it or die then maybe people would not be against it.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If christianity wouldnt tell people to believe in it or die then maybe people would not be against it.

Good point, believe in god or burn in hell for eternity seems to be how they pursuade people. I think people should find thier religions, not be scared into them.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by mysticshadow]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
first off, its very innapropriate to name other people as doing this and that, not respectful is it? so dont do it. and whats wrong with questioning christians, its a good thing so they have a mind for themselves. but anyone who hates someone cause their a christian is just plain ignorant and stupid, u shouldnt hate someone soley because of their religion.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Many other people are discriminated against because of their religious beliefs, not solely christians.

[edit on 27-12-2004 by mysticshadow]

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
first off, its very innapropriate to name other people as doing this and that, not respectful is it? so dont do it. and whats wrong with questioning christians, its a good thing so they have a mind for themselves. but anyone who hates someone cause their a christian is just plain ignorant and stupid, u shouldnt hate someone soley because of their religion.

I never said anything about hating anyone. So you should try to be clear on what is said.

It is very apropriate(sp) when christians tell you if you dont believe or follow you will go to hell. How more blunt can you be? I was just told today by A a christian to Believe or DIE. On this site.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
It is very apropriate(sp) when christians tell you if you dont believe or follow you will go to hell. How more blunt can you be? I was just told today by A a christian to Believe or DIE. On this site.

You don't have to believe, or even listen to them do you?
And I doubt you would die just because you don't believe. Everyone dies. If what they said was true, then all believing christians would be immortal and all the rest of us would be dead. So, illogical arguements anyways

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Because some christians need to be hated, they want to be hated, they see it as fufilment of divine will if they are hated, and they are happy to emulate christ in being hated and persecuted.

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi

You don't have to believe, or even listen to them do you?
And I doubt you would die just because you don't believe. Everyone dies. If what they said was true, then all believing christians would be immortal and all the rest of us would be dead. So, illogical arguements anyways

Its not the point of me believeing or not, its the point of them think the are better some way, and all need to be like them to be "right".

I care nothing about death, I see it for what it is. Everything, Everthing dies from the stars in the sky to the grass in the ground. The only diffrence with humans is we are able to have feelings, and we are selfish, we are sad for us, not them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join