It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I do not hate christians.. though I do dislike some people who call themselves christian yet act in a hateful or biggoted manner in it's name. Given christ was meant to be a humble peacemaker I do not think these people [ex. fred phelps] have earned the right to call themselves "christlike" so I guess technically I only dislike wannabe-christian hypocrites and not genuine christians who try live in compassion and tolerence.

Basically when a witch is named these people are the first to start collecting firewood with glee. What I consider to be an actual christian (cleshe I know) ..is someone who follows Christ's teachings and Jesus certainly was not a sadist.

..yes I am an atheist-buddhist but to me it is the message that is important anyway.

Peace be with you.

[edit on 3-7-2008 by riley]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

now im an evengelical christian so dont think im biased against them

to answer your question most missions that people hate are done by evangelicals because alot of evangelicals are HOLY HYPOCRITES that wont love only condemn

its not really christians they hate its the evanngelicals but ya know one apple spoils the bunch

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Just crusing by this site whilst googling aimlessly.

I find it hilarious that a group of people who support UFO's and alien agendas, goverment conspiracies concerning 'crashed disks' and abductions commited by spacemen, find it a joy to knock people's religious beliefs. I'm sure you've ALL been laughed at, s'n-word'ed at or outright mocked for believing in the little bug eyed dudes who collect people whilst they sleep. Wouldn't that help keep you open minded and at least free from vindictiveness towards other's spiritual beliefs? Atheists demand proof. SHOW ME 100% concrete evidence that Roswell happened. That aliens exist. PROOF. Don't give me that circular logic that the 'government hid it all'. Jesus and the very often hoaxed, faked and outright fabricated UFO culture are exactly the same in one respect- it all comes down to faith. There is as much evidence for Christian miracles as there is for flying saucer crashes. I find it hilarious and PAINFULLY ironic

Uh...yeah.

Bye.
very well put

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Christianity is merely a serpent cult that hides the intelligence of our common ground. Snaking immortal gods and the sun of the true one, is not so safe.... The right to the serpent cult form of government - a loophole form, may disappear soon. For example, EMMA your global feminine matrix speed governer is an antiviral. Game over, written in the sky.

www.myspace.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ycon

then i'm going to pit theomatics against theomatics and say that using theomatics i can prove that theomatics can happen by chance.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Wow 16 pages and I haven't chimed in yet.

Ok well I am a pagan myself. I was raised Catholic and left as soon as I read some things I strongly disagree with. I will detail rather than write a whole paragraph about what issues I have with Christianity.

1. If you want to spread the gospel, please do. Stay true to your faith but what some do not get is that when I listen close and in the end I say no, that's all that's left is to say goodbye. Then they keep pushing. I say no again and eventualy I take the higher ground and just walk away. That's all well and good but I do not want to be followed rather I want my no to equal a no and end it.

2. No book of any time is going to tell me that my wife is not equal and that I am above her. Period

3. Like it or not, the burning of witches is very personal to me. Yes I am aware it wasn't you that performed those heinous acts but it was in the name of your creator.

4. Let me say this once again to those who have said it to me. I do NOT need God's "life preserver" to save me. The one that Isis has shown has kept me floating just fine. If you think I am going to hell for that then that's fine but keep it to yourself if I say I am done listening to you.

5. I do not like how thin skinned some can be in ANY religion. I read al these 'true' Christians getting so upset and freaking out over being questioned. I am not saying some athiests don't attack Christians as I have seen it myself but should I decide to question Christianity that is my right. If my questioning shakes you that darn much then you must not have a sturdy foundation with your lord.

6. Many Christians act as if Christianity is so difficult to surround yourself with. Why? Having a religion should be one of the easiest things you can do. Yes you will get persecuted. Try being a Pagan/Wiccan in the military for a while. Try being told all day that we will do the lord's prayer but I cannot perform the prayer to the Triple Goddess in non-religious ceremonies such as rank graduations and such. Not terribly fair.

That's what I can come up with for right now. Christians that truely want peace need to know how it can happen and to do so they must allow others to live freely. Does it really hurt you personally if another person totally unrelated to you is gay?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

I do admit im a christian but i believe that no one should be pushed into something they dont want to do and everyone should have a chance to choose for themselves. Either evolution or monotheism or maybe polytheism.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hmmm.

I'm the dude who earlier posted on the irony of UFO buffs mocking the validity of religion, mostly Christianity (the last acceptable prejudice it seems is to violently attack this spiritual belief)

Now, I'm no Charley Church, certainly no righteous man, but another thought occurred to me, and I decided to drop back in and post-

now, conspiracy theories seem all the rage here. It wasn't a weather balloon, it was a spaceship, the 'grays' are in control, lizard people etc etc etc...(insert any half-baked Strieber babble or Budd Hopkins money making hysteria here)

now, what if the mass revolt against Christianity and the media aided attack on Christian's in general was in itself a conspiracy? What if the lizard people/illuminati/grays/Lucky Charms leprechaun was guiding, controlling world perception on removing Judeo-Christianity? What if this purpose was to ' lead the world away from the truth?' Most people don't really think much of Christianity anymore...what if there was a reason outside of the spoon fed opinions people parrot? In fact, what if the said reason was because it's all true? Find me a religion as despised, a figure as openly mocked as Christ. Islam is probably increased in popularity and liberal sympathy since 9/11. Judaism is left untouched, the other faiths may be mildly mocked, but nowhere near Christianity. What if the Jesus haters have been brainwashed? What if ' it's all true' thus someone has instigated this terrible plot to lead the world astray? What if...? hmmm.

I'm more an anarchist...but it's still interesting. Any proof or idea's to refute this possibility?

Was that a lizard at my window?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why do people hate Christians?

Jesus answered this question for us. The student is not above the teacher, the servant is not above the master. If they hated Him who was perfect, then they will hate us with all of our spots, wrinkles, flaws, short tempers, weaknesses, etc. He also told us they do not hate us but the God who is in us. Don't let it get to you.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Because, in america, you guys are the majority. Given that most of the government is religous, some of us find ourselves under unjust rule. The very first sentence in the bill of rights cleary bans the government from mixing church and state, but they ignore it and rationalize ways to blur the constitution. When we try to get through to you guys with logic, we find that you disregard logic if it conflicts with your belief. So, instead of being open minded and searching for truth, you distort reality to fit your narrowminded view of the world. A great example is evolution. Most christians refuse to even hear the argument. Today, we have much more evidence to prove that evolution has lead us to today and none at all that Jesus Christ was really sent here by a divine being called God. Yet, you guys get hostile and try to act as if we are dumb for even considering the idea. God in school is another reason why some people hate christians. You guys are so egocentric in your views of the world that you don't see that other cultures and religions exist. These religions aren't the same as yours, nor do they believe in your god. Yet, anytime this is pointed out to a christian, they simply say something that just takes you into a complete logic circle to try to make the un-believer look stupid. It has become a war in america. Not the conventional kind with bullets and guns, but with votes and elections and advertising. The churches are basically empires, or nations within nations. With so much money at your disposal and most of the government on your side, we feel like there is a new civil rights issue forming. To sum it up, it's arrogance that makes people hate christians and the fact that christians have the power now. Yes, I do want to kick god out of our country and plan on devoting the rest of my life to rid the country of this ideology..

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I would love to hear what others have to say about that Anonymous..star for ya ...Because clearly they have never even considered that possibility have they ?
star for your other post too about the other beliefs that go on faith with no proof ..I have asked the same thing before ..no answers as of yet ...

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
i dont think chritinans are a nagging remender to people who rebel. everyone rebels against god even us christians we learn to move on from our mistakes to ask god for forgivness. I do agree with you on the part where you said about how jesus was hated and that we would be hated as well. but i think you just haft to learn to deal with it. God gave us the knowledge we need to know how to deal in situations in life. So i wouldnt worry if people hate on me. I could care less!

posted on Oct, 28 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lol I think the obvious answer is what Jesus and revelation say! We will be persecuted. And remember their is a battle between good and evil. Satan is out their to change the truth. Which is Christianity. Not to mention Jesus told us to preach and save and that's what we do. We don't just sit in a corner and watch souls get damned. So what do you think happens? Satan battles just as we battle. This battle is real and its on earth.

SO CHRISTIAN PICK UP YOUR SWORD AND SHIELD AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. NOT MATTER WHAT THE POST OR PEOPLE SAY. KNOW THE TRUTH THAT CHRIST IS OUT THEIR. AND THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH AND JESUS IS GOD'S SON.

Godbless and go with his spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 28-10-2008 by slymattb]

[edit on 28-10-2008 by slymattb]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

When Christians stop trying to turn THEIR beliefs into MY laws, then I'll stop hating Christians.
It also doesn't help what hypocrites they are. They support the death penalty, but won't allow stem cell research or a woman's right to choose, calling it murder. Isn't execution murder? Pat Robertson recently stated that we should execute a foreign leader that democratically elected, stating it was cheaper than war and that they have oil we need! What wonderful Christian values, so Jesus like.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Damn, some people complain, complain, complain!

Ah! Christians did this! Christians did that! Christians hold the opinion that abortion is murder and have the audacity to say so, excersising their right to free speech! Waaah! Suck it up. Anyone would think Catholics or Protestants were breaking into your homes slavering like zombies or forcing you to read the bible at gunpoint. Waah! I'm a wiccan and they pick on me! I'm gay and they persecute me! Jesus, if people didn't care so much about what others, in this particular instance Abrahamic faiths think, they wouldn't be so upset. The only thing I'll say is, yes, seperation of Church and State. If you want your kid to learn about god, send them to a religious school. Apart from that, all I hear is liberal bitching that someone doesn't agree with their 'liberated' minds. Christianity will never go away. Never. Live your non-Christian life and enjoy it. Just stop complaining about the cross wearing boogeymen. Or the Jews or Muslims (oh thats right, to complain about them openly would veer dangerously close to racism wouldn't it? Even though their religions are pretty much identical to nasty old Christianity?) Can't tell you how many times Christians have attempted to convert me. I have not once gotten mad about it, even when the issue was pushed. People need to stop being so sensitve and toughen up.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Lol I think the obvious answer is what Jesus and revelation say! We will be persecuted. And remember their is a battle between good and evil. Satan is out their to change the truth. Which is Christianity. Not to mention Jesus told us to preach and save and that's what we do. We don't just sit in a corner and watch souls get damned. So what do you think happens? Satan battles just as we battle. This battle is real and its on earth.

SO CHRISTIAN PICK UP YOUR SWORD AND SHIELD AND FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT. NOT MATTER WHAT THE POST OR PEOPLE SAY. KNOW THE TRUTH THAT CHRIST IS OUT THEIR. AND THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH AND JESUS IS GOD'S SON.

Godbless and go with his spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

I just don't remember telling people that the warmongers are blessed. Lets see.

3Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Warmongers? Nope. Peacemakers - YES! OMG I can't beleive it. War is not the way of Jesus. Who would have ever guessed it?

You do not rid the world of evil by killing evil, you merely replace it and become a greater evil. By killing you break the commandments. That makes you a hypocrit, and that means your heart is far from Jesus.

Why would you fight back? Because you fear those who hold power over you before death, and none after. If you were a true believer, you would not fear those who only have power over you before death, you would fear that which has the power after death, and you would not break a commandment for any reason - just as Jesus didn't.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i perfer not to hang around people that are always close minded and hate all the time .. they give you these dirty looks if your from another religion, but i like people who are accepting of others religions and kind and dont look at the world as theirs. thats my view of people there are good ones and bad ones.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I can't understand it either! I think many people are worried about what gifts they have to buy and it just makes them mad. They miss the entire purpose! Just today I was out and people are just driving like maniacs! We celebrate many holidays here in the US, and none seem to get so much "flack" as Christian holidays.

[edit on 12/9/2008 by PammyK]

[edit on 12/9/2008 by PammyK]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sorry, I thought it said Christmas!!! I am such a ditz!!!!!:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thomas Crowne

You arent hated by me I just hate how close minded and how, we're right and everyone else is wrong, I also hate how you Christians are so judgemental and Jesus specifically taught not to be Christians hate Gay and Lesbian people and that just hurts my heart to see others treated in such a jus=dgemental way, Jesus didnt want that, Oh gosh im starting to cry!!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join