It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people hate Christians?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm not christian, but i don't hate you

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
but the problem is that historians are still unable to verify the existence of jesus with evidence...

Not my problem, I already have my evidence. Keep looking historians!

no, to say he was misquoted is to say that people writing down what was supposedly said were doing so a considerable amount of time after the fact...and then there is the issue of all the crap that god thrown in the bible during translations (that whole line in the sand thing jesus was supposed to have done is such an addition, i recomend "misquoting jesus" for more info on this).

Again, what did he actually say versus what was recorded? Also, what's in one translation that isn't in another?

hell, what about the islamic view of jesus (or isa, as they'd say)? does that get completely discounted?

Islamic view isn't based on the text as far as I know. I'd be welcomed to be shown otherwise & discuss further.

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
Hi Saint4God, thanks for taking the time and reading my post..

Likewise! I think two-way discussion is what ATS is all about.

Originally posted by zysin5
And I think its fair to say most people agree here on this thread..
I dont mean to judge others by saying many preists and those who are the face of christians have been less than faithful to their hearts and followers.. Is it judging someone to see them for who they are and what they do?

It is if you lump them into a catagory and/or say things about them without knowing them. Actually that'd be prejudice. Judgemental is saying "you're a bad person because..." assume you know their heart, what they have to go through, etc. It's a hard thing not to do when we have such great encouragement in society to do so.

[edit on 16-6-2007 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Well what about the whole evolution is a myth thing?

Farmers in southern China are currently transplanting rice seedlings to
fields, while wheat in the north is at a critical stage of growth, the reports
said.

In Shanxi province in the north, reservoir levels are down 20% from last
year, the China Daily said. It said 560,000 hectares of farmland were
considered threatened by drought, but didn't say whether they were expected to
produce a crop.

I mean come on it's fact that we evolved through time and if you are told otherwise and believe it then that is just blind thinking.

How about we discuss this on one of the many evolution threads?

The bible is a guide to live your life not the one and only word.

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away." - Matthew 24:35

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Debater
I'm not christian, but i don't hate you

Feelin' the love in the ATS room right now & right back atcha :-). To add, I don't hate anyone either. Life is much easier when you don't have enemies.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hate is too strong of a word.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by Lemarchand]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think if someone actually "hates" Christians, it is due to the hater being an ex-Christian or recovering Christian. As we all know, some groups within Christianity, as in all organized religions, committed some pretty awful acts against their own members. This can generate a lot of negative emotion. I belong to no organized religion. Beyond that I'll keep my thoughts on Christianity to myself, but I certainly don't hate Christians or Christianity. There are some remarkable Christians who have certainly benefitted mankind.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azeari of the Radiant Eye

I will tell you what, anyone who can read Isiah, then read the Gospel, and still NOT be convinced...

This is the basic point that some people can't seem to grasp: you can't argue the validity of christianity by quoting the bible!!! This is a "Begging the Question" (Petitio Principii) fallacy, a type of circular fallacy that takes the form of arguments or other statements that simply assume or re-state their own truth rather than providing relevant evidence and logical arguments.

I simply don't believe that the bible is the word of god; if you want to convince me otherwise you'll have do something other than re-quote the bible.

And your comment about board members trying to "destroy" christianity aren't even worth responding to...

Very well put.

I wonder when christian extremists will stop coming to ATS trying to ram their sad and rather pathetic ideologies down our collective throats? That's a far more relevant question I think..

J.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by shmick25

I beg to differ. The government at large may use religion as an excuse whilst coveting a deeper agenda, but they only use religion because it WORKS on getting the general public to back them. take the moral high ground and all of a sudden you have a country full of suckers willing to go along for the ride.

Second of all, you wanna talk about persecution? try being gay. The SINGLE reason we are not allowed to marry? Yeah, you guessed it, christians(MOSTLY) and other (FEW)religious groups. You pass laws based on relgion that persecute others who arent a part of your faith. And this is not the ONLY group of people who are hurt by stupid laws passed by right wingers and bible thumpers.

I am routinely told i am going to burn in hell by christians. I have to sit here and listen to all these so called "faith based groups" trash gays and other groups. Ever hear of "Saints Alive?" Yeah, their goal was to free the Mormons from the clutches of satan. Everyone else is wrong, christians are right. You claim to be the SOLE authority on all religions and matters of government.

I am so sick of people thinking they have the right to step into my bedroom when I have hurt no one. My partner of 5 years cannot even immigrate to this country because we arent allowed to marry. There is NO OTHER REASON than religious belief that keeps this law from passing.

The intolerance I have seen from christians goes far beyond that of any other group in history. You are simply not content to sit back and let people live.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

I really don't have anything against Christians, except those that want to shove their religion down my throat or wreck every single thread they come across with some Jesus message.

Or those that spout that because you don't believe in Christ as the almighty then you must be an atheist and also a heathen.

No I'm not going to hell just because I refuse to let you guilt me into your religion. I am not going to hell because I refuse to be frightened into doing so. I think that people would accept Christians much better if they weren't so pushy about their religious beliefs.

I have seen things said on this board that would make the Phelps family from the Westborough Baptist Church say, "hey man lighten up".

Christians have brought this on themselves and now that people are tired of the dogma y'all are whining "Hey why do you hate us?" I mean you get what you give in this life. Some Christians are not like this I understand. I AM SAYING SOME Christians. The majority of them are hellfire worshipers that more or less want to frighten people into their belief system or tell everyone how corrupt they are for not believing in Jesus.

Sorry guys you pushed people to this now don't whine cause your getting a bit scratched.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
It seems that the majority of the people on this board tend to want to soley focus in on Christianity to try and destroy it.

Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the church has been trying to destroy progress almost since the beginning. They have tortured, and murdered people viciously. They made up lies and wives tales to keep people in tow using fear as a weapon.

Also, IMO it has to do with how people are opening their eye to the harm that has been done for so very long. People want love, which interestingly enough was the meaning of the allegorical myth of Jesus Christ. Aggression is the likely backlash to those hold the bindings.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

your quote:why do people hate christians?
there is truth to the statement ----the devil made me do it-----this creature is the prince of the power of the air(ephesians2:2)transmitting its messages of hate into human minds.
the more that people are in disagreement with G-D'S laws/Spirit/ways the more they are influenced by satan's spirit of hate.
and why would satan hate real christians?because they that overcome the temptations to break G-D's laws will be given life forever more so they can never die and also will be given authority over the angels holy and fallen as is satan-----he /it wants no one to be his/its boss(1corinthians6:3)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Just crusing by this site whilst googling aimlessly.

I find it hilarious that a group of people who support UFO's and alien agendas, goverment conspiracies concerning 'crashed disks' and abductions commited by spacemen, find it a joy to knock people's religious beliefs. I'm sure you've ALL been laughed at, s'n-word'ed at or outright mocked for believing in the little bug eyed dudes who collect people whilst they sleep. Wouldn't that help keep you open minded and at least free from vindictiveness towards other's spiritual beliefs? Atheists demand proof. SHOW ME 100% concrete evidence that Roswell happened. That aliens exist. PROOF. Don't give me that circular logic that the 'government hid it all'. Jesus and the very often hoaxed, faked and outright fabricated UFO culture are exactly the same in one respect- it all comes down to faith. There is as much evidence for Christian miracles as there is for flying saucer crashes. I find it hilarious and PAINFULLY ironic

Uh...yeah.

Bye.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I hate them they think they are above everyone else arrogant, rude, don't respect anyone but another chrstian. Trust me I have had experience with them my freind will not carry any christian books in there store any longer because of the assholes christians are. Let me go out on a limb here a ...*snip*

mod edit: inappropriate comment

[edit on 7/1/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

i agree i do notice that people on ATS/BTS have some sort of agenda against all religions mainly christianity there is not one place in all the threads that the two dont calsh i like the debates but its always an argument and either sides arguments is like this :bnghd: so why dont we have a debate or agree to disagree

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

the roman catholic church did those things as far as im concerned they are not christian all of their rituals are pagan and they are believed to be the religious system in revelation

the church doesnt do that anymore anyway not even the roman catholic theyve quit

im tired of people dwelling in the past slaverys over black people still have a fuss about it the same way with the church

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

im gonna quote you on that in my arguments

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

just because one christian does it doesnt mean the whole group is like that

its the same thing with the masons the group as a whole is blamed for conspiracies because a single person in history that was famous happened to be a christian

and the reason why we ask that because the world is so upset about radical christians and such but any other religion they dont have a problem with

people just dont wnt to follow some one elses rules

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

i want to know why the atheists and ufo people wont do th same stinkin thing

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by iesus_freak

oh no this isn't a minority of Christianities problem its the majority. Sorry but Christians for a good long time have been horrid, murderous, evil and just plain genocidal.

Now Christians want to act like good guys? And they expect us to swallow that? Sure the next time a witch hunt or the Spanish inquisition starts or perhaps a holy crusade we will thank Christians for being so merciful and peaceful people

Sorry the majority of Christians preach hellfire dogma and do little to uphold the tenants of their faith. There are a select few and this is a minority, a mere handful of Christians that uphold the true teachings in the bible. Otherwise for the majority of Christians its hellfire and Satan worship.

Personally I am sick of radical Christians, radical Muslims, Zionists, and any faith that feels that they hold the right answer and anyone else that doesn't agree with them should die. I am sick of all of it and when you all meet your maker perhaps you will understand why I am sick of this crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join