It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which topics or people are unofficially "banned" from discussion here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I write this carefully in the hope that it will not get 404'd before I have the chance to explain myself and the reason for asking.

I ask the mods and owners for a chance to ask this and also the members here as I think this question has genuine merit and a frank discussion about this could make things better all round for everybody.

This has nothing to do with the terms and conditions of the site or the fact that certain topics are deemed innapropriate as I have no issue with complying with these terms.

I understand that ATS would like to be the front runner and to maintain a sense of integrity as a legitimate forum and source of information but feel that certain topics have been unoficilally deemed "barred" from discussion.

If something violates terms and condions I am fully in agreement that it should be removed.

If something is a known hoax or from a source that has been known to hoax it should remain and be placed in the hoax forum as it nearly always is.

There are certain subjects and people that as far as I can see violate non of the above yet have over the past few years been unoficially deemed "barred" from discussion.

Anyone wishing to talk about these subjects or people are shot down without hesitation not by the site or the moderators but by the members themselves with little or no explanation other than they have formed there own conclusions.

I would like to have some clarification on what subjects are no longer "allowed" to be discussed and to bear in mind that many new members will be put off by the simple fact that they are not allowed to talk about subjects that although may have no foundation but are a neciassary part of the evolement of a critical mind.

If this thread is deemed innapropriate then I would ask if removed then feedback be given privatley to me as to how I can ask this question.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They dont need to ban subjects, there's a whole army out there just waiting to destroy any serious conversation that does not follow the OS.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
They dont need to ban subjects, there's a whole army out there just waiting to destroy any serious conversation that does not follow the OS.

I was looking for a more positive or at least explanitory view as to give some legitamacy to the question.

Could you expand on your personal view on this please?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

View on what? Banned subjects or my own comment?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thankfully the glorification and revisionism of Hitler is banned.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

View on what? Banned subjects or my own comment?

As per the OP.

Topics that are not in violation of the terms and conditions or suitable for the hoax bin but are still unofficially barred from discussion from ats.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

And quite rightly so, as I said I have no issue with the offical take on this.

I was reffering to the unofficially banned subjects or people.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Well, I'm expecting you to recieve a serious t&c violation warning for that comment!
Why?
Because my one and only comment in a thread was
"Maybe H***** knew something we dont?"
That was my only comment in the entire thread and I recieved the warning.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Here's one example, calling an evil human being (Hitler) a hero:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 4-7-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Advocating the actions of said individual is against terms and conditions, as I said I have no issue with this and feel no need to discuss this furthur.

link   

I was reffering to the unofficially banned subjects

Could you list some?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Beyond what the T&C say keep in mind that this is a G rated website since just about all ages can join. Marijuana used to be prohibited from discussion. With some of the states legalizing it now I'm not sure. Per who not to talk about, I don't think there in a ban on anyone. Since I've actually been here since 07 I frown on postings from questionable sources. But to each his own so that is up to you to decide which "news" sites are not giving you the real story.

link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

In the OP i addressed this issue.

This is not about that I asure you.

link   

Advocating the actions of said individual is against terms and conditions, as I said I have no issue with this and feel no need to discuss this furthur.

But I wasn't, I simply asked a question.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Nonspecific Topics.

edit:
!!
edit on 7/4/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   
I can't tell you. They're banned topics and/or people, and cannot be discussed.

One has already been mentioned. Another would be saying certain people are alive, when the OS says they are dead. Especially when personal information about those people is posted. A BIG no-no around here.

link   

Mars annomolies.

Flat earth theories.

David Icke.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Here's one example, calling an evil human being (Hitler) a hero:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ignorance and closemindedness of the new age still baffles and confuses me.

edit on 4-7-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The Terms and Conditions, as well as the Index of Important ATS Threads is a plethora of information on what topics are allowed and not.

And since this question was asked and answered, I'll close this thread. Thank you.

edit on 4-7-2015 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join