It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Tinwiki

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What happened to tinwiki?

I sometimes wish it was around still, no great issue, just out of interest.

edit on 4-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Someone left out out in the rain one night and it rusted.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

does tin foil rust?

I was reading our wonderful Isaac Kois website ( an absolute firm favorite of mine and should be for all Ufologists) and he mentions how tinwiki could have been a great resource for reference material searches. Lead me to think that simplistic reference threads would provide good google hits. But I'm probably wrong

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It turns out that the acquisition department, in an effort to save money bought artificial tin. It was actually a mix of various metals that rusted about three hours after the rain stopped.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Edit: Faux pas.

edit on 4-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The forum is still here on ATS. it's just like it fell asleep....in 2009 and hasn't woken up

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hiding
Tinwiki

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
What happened to tinwiki?

I sometimes wish it was around still, no great issue, just out of interest.

No idea what the heck you are talking about, perhaps an explanation is in order?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

It was a conspiracy wiki that ATS tried as an experiment. It didn't work as well as hoped.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Click on the tinwiki link in Disraelis post above you.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Okay. What is your fascination for it? Do you have something you want to share in that format that you can not share elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You got I was fascinated by it from this thread?

I'm hoping someone can answer my question in the OP, thanks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

From what I remember it had a lot of interest at first, and then between some of the things posted in it, and a dying interest it was allowed to just die off naturally.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thats what I thought

(post by soulpowertothendegree removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I see that you are still ATSGreen, so will not bother to enlighten you about The Great Tinwiki...

I will however take this opportunity to wish ZAZZA A Wonderful 4th of July and to thank ZAZZA for bring this up. I have tried a few times to bring some of the threads from that section to the general membership without as much as a reply... so, it may not be so much a disinterest in the Tinwiki as it was one of the infamous fluctuations that happen naturally on ATS when so many things are all happening at once and what was once hot falls to the bottom of the main page so fast it garners little to interest "seemingly".

Not sure why you posted such a negative post aimed at our dear friend ZAZZ, but maybe i am just being overly sensitive...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

All G Antar, don't worry 'bout that silliness.

TINwiki looks like our membership let it disappear. It is a good resource, and I wonder if after the big work put into it maybe people can be directed to it. Not sure, something like each forum could have stickied the TIN wiki thread pertaining to that forum somehow? Or maybe freshman forum has links to it. Not sure, just thoughts.
It could have been built up as quite the repository, but that's lotsa work I suppose.

ETA, HAPPY 4TH sweetie!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

It was tons of work and never got any traction. Then when Willy died it was all over as it was his baby from the start.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Oh gosh, now you made me teary. That makes sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

WEll that is truly unfortunate, yet it does feel like an honor to see members "yourself" remember it even if by a thread about it.

There was a huge amount of energy poured into it for quite some time so like our friend Springer states below it just kind of went by the wayside after WOS passed. Willy really was brilliant and had a special way of making members research, dig deeper and push to disclose the truths that are out there.

OK I am out of here but be sure and PM me if ever you work with any of the topics and start new threads based on those older threads. I will support and post your thread.

Your Sister in the Ethers, J.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join