It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being a vegetarian is immoral

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: nonspecific

I don't feel sorry for myself... wth.

Your post suggeted that you felt you had a hard time bieng a vegatarian and it affected you?

How else could I interpret it?

No, it's not difficult being a vegetarian. She was explaining her difficulty with carnivores which is the exact opposite.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

It's similar with Halal.

Seems much easier to just say "no thanks I'm not hungry" rather than have to eventually explain why I won't eat non-halal food.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I would have thought that anyone offering you food was savvy enough to understand your religious views?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You'd be surprised to be honest.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

You'd be surprised to be honest.

I am indeed suprised!

How does someone be in a position where they would offer to feed you yet not know that you are of a certain religion?

And if they do not know and you explain that you are muslim and they still do not understand why are you in that situation.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

That was my point.

I have not seen any issues with vegatarianism for about 15 years?

Back in the day you would have peoples mums of a different generation that would not really understand but now it does not seem to be an issue in the UK.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Because sometimes, even ones own family can be quite uneducated to a situation.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I have to go out and hunt or the poor animals would painfully starve to death because some nasty buggers has been out stealing the plants, berries, vegetables etc etc, that they feed on
edit on 742015 by BobbyRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Plants are people too.

I remember reading about how some trees can communicate with each other relaying when there are threats or pollinators in the vicinity. Can't back that claim up atm but I'll look.

Plus I believe that plants are more than they seem in regards to their 'feeling' and awareness. More so than we give them credit for.

The OPs premise is a funny way at looking at vegetarianism. I sort of agree, it has a karmic vibe to it.

Mother trees
Tree linguo

edit on 4-7-2015 by Inarismessenger because: add links

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Inarismessenger
Plants are people too.

I remember reading about how some trees can communicate with each other relaying when there are threats or pollinators in the vicinity. Can't back that claim up atm but I'll look.

Plus I believe that plants are more than they seem in regards to their 'feeling' and awareness. More so than we give them credit for.

The OPs premise is a funny way at looking at vegetarianism. I sort of agree, it has a karmic vibe to it.

There was a thread on crop circles the other day and I suggested that maybe crops are gestalt entities and the crop circles are there way of attempting to comminicate with us.

There was a star trek the next generation episode where a similar thing happened with sentient rocks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Very weird. I'm watchin STNG right now.

That could very well be a possibility, who knows. I think whenever we truly understand the molecular concepts of plant 'pheromones' and how they connect with each other there will be many positive applications. And not just for us humans.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
LOL this thread turned out awesome. Thank you all for contributing. Sorry I can't reply more frequently and with better posts. My four year old is not of a mind to let me have down time today lol

a reply to: Inarismessenger

Tropical Plant Uses 'Mind Control' Chemical to Make Ants Do Its Bidding

The relationship between the tropical acacia plant and 'guard' ants that defend it from predators has long been a fascinating example of symbiosis in nature: the ants feed on the acacia's sugary nectar, and in turn aggressively sting and bite other animals that would eat and damage the plant. But it turns out that this arrangement might not be as friendly as previously thought. New research reveals that the acacia plant actually produces a chemical that drives the ants into a defensive frenzy--alternately persuading them to fight to protect it and banishing them from its flowers when convenient.The old adage about truth being stranger than you-know-what certainly applies here. Scientific research has now shown us a case where a plant is deploying a chemical drug on a legion of ants to get it to do its bidding. If that were the plot of a sci-fi film, we'd call it mind control. But as usual, the actual evolutionary science is more interesting than any number of b-movies.

Researchers at the University of London have been studying how the ants and acacias could have co-evolved when they began to understand how truly complex their relationship was--and how vital the ants are to the plants' survival. So much so that the plants can 'persuade' the ants to attack other creatures--anything from spiders to giraffes--on their behalf.

link

edit on 4-7-2015 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

As the simple anecdote that is was?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

It's a very strange phenomena, like I don't give a crap what you put in your mouth so... why do you care what I do?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OOPS! MY bad carry on.
edit on 4-7-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare
That's pretty gnarly. I've heard of the fungi that controls the insects through their nervous system so it can have a better chance of propagating. Never this though. Thanks for that.

Just goes to show that plants can in fact communicate and not just between themselves.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

No wish to offend?

You made a big thing about how carnivores percieved your vegatarian views and said it affected your social anxiety.

I asumed it bothered you or you would not feel that way.

Sorry again if I said anything that bothered you.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not bothered ffs... lol.
All I was doing was giving the opposite view.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
That's right, all of you vegetarians have no moral high ground. The plants you eat have never killed another living thing to survive. All animals are guilty of feeding on other living things. For me to eat an animal is less immoral due to the fact that it has committed the same sin as I. Plants (most of them), on the other hand, have led a completely peaceful existence and survive without killing other lifeforms for sustenance. Therefore, the plants should be considered innocent and more evolved than us animals. They should be protected from us. I know this is a silly thread but I just wanted to put the thought out there and troll some holier than thou vegetable killers.

SAVE THE PLANTS FROM VEGETARIANS

Nope.

Plants (most of them), on the other hand, have led a completely peaceful existence and survive without killing other lifeforms for sustenance.

You missed the beginning of that sentence

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I'm not bothered ffs... lol.
All I was doing was giving the opposite view.

But the OP even said he was looking to bait vegatarians?

And I kind of agreed with you and encouraged you to express yourself more firmly.

you seem a little apethetic with your abbriviations?

Maybe you need some more vitamins.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join