It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July challenge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I challenge my fellow Americans today, to try not to use products that are made in a communist country.

Today I shall cook food grown and cows raised in the USA. And maybe shoot my bb gun in the air.

Happy 4th of July

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: galaga

What about fireworks?
It was always my understanding that sparklers were the only American made fireworks.
Sparklers were always mocked as wimpy and "kid's stuff", but I always thought they were cool.

Edit: I stand corrected!
American fireworks

edit on 4-7-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Sure your bb's are not made in China?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Also, guess where the firework tradition came from, I will give you one hint, it ain't America!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   

When you say communist countries are you talking about All five of them?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Sure your bb's are not made in China?

Dang it!!

And no, no fireworks.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Watch the movie Independence Day closely watch how the story weaves the lives of various people's cultures into the narrative. I love the movie as one of my top three, but not the shameless way they portrayed the characters. Wanna clue as to how the Quaid guy went haywire in real life? I think he recognized how his on-screen role was played for a chump.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I buy American made whenever I can. We should be doing it all the time. Not always possible, but for the most part if you put a little effort into it, it's not hard. Read labels for starters.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
I challenge my fellow Americans today, to try not to use products that are made in a communist country.

Today I shall cook food grown and cows raised in the USA. And maybe shoot my bb gun in the air.

Happy 4th of July

I do not wish to appear rude as am not American but will the vegatables grown in the USA be genetically modified?

Will the the beef you eat be raised on corn on a super farm?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Almost all seeds around the world are genetically modified to bear fruit that does not reproduce so everyone has to buy more seeds .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Not quite got that far here in the uk but it's heading that way, we are also shifting over to super farms based on American factory type horribleness.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

All of our traditions unless native American in origin came from other countries. Even our language. We can't deny our heritage. We don't want to.
The fireworks may have originated in Asia but we manufacture our own now. Just like macaroni...Yankee doodle went to town dum dum dum dum dum dum.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Not quite got that far here in the uk but it's heading that way, we are also shifting over to super farms based on American factory type horribleness.

Are you sure about that? Hybrid seeds have been around since Darwin and Mandale discovered them .
edit on 4-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Yes you can still buy F1 seeds in England, forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression that an F1 seed will still grow but will be a clone of either of the 2 parent seeds as opposed to a sterile seed.

I was reffering to trademarked seeds that you are not allowed by law to seed save from to protect the financial security of the seed manufacurer.

If this is an conspiracy fallacy then I appologise.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Ummm. No. I've grown peppers from the seeds I've gotten out of grocery store peppers. I've grown garlic from cloves bought at a grocery store and potatoes from the eyes of purchased potatoes. Now I don't grow my own wheat or even corn or fruit trees because I only have a 125' X 80' property in a city. But tomatoes grow from tomatoes when the fruit drops on the ground. Hybrids may not reproduce true to form but they will still reproduce.

PS mostly...There have been sports who just grow plants with no flowers but that's not always.
Still love u though...
edit on 742015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
For the record Hybridizing and genetically modifying are not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Yes you can still buy F1 seeds in England, forgive my ignorance but I was under the impression that an F1 seed will still grow but will be a clone of either of the 2 parent seeds as opposed to a sterile seed.

I edited my post because of the omission of one word in the earlier post. Hybrid seeds do not produce "true". You are correct in your premise .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

You wouldn't by chance buy organic vegetables would you ?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Part of the American tradition is the melting pot - the inclusion of other cultures into our own. It's not exactly multi-culturalism which is more the inclusion of other cultures kept separate from our own.

So I don't see a problem with things that have their roots in other places and peoples.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

All of our traditions unless native American in origin came from other countries. Even our language. We can't deny our heritage. We don't want to.
The fireworks may have originated in Asia but we manufacture our own now. Just like macaroni...Yankee doodle went to town dum dum dum dum dum dum.

Really? You may want to restate that to say some or most but not all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join