It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At Age 3 — Transitioning From Jack To Jackie

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

To all of you saying children are too young to know, or that they are too stupid to have their own ideas, I would like to smack each and every one of you.

SHUT UP!!! You are wrong, ignorant, simple-minded, judgmental FOOLS.

..not ONE of these members exclaiming their righteousness deserves any attention at all, except to be investigated by CPS.

Yes, the new tolerant, respectful tone of ATS...super!

Unfortunately, MOST parents have very little idea how to manage BEING a parent.

I believe that EVERY PERSON who becomes pregnant or is thinking of becoming pregnant should be LICENSED and have to go through a battery of CLASSES to clear up their ignorance.

Ah, yes. The superiority complex of the progressives rears it's roaring head.

See - the secular progressives DO want access to your children and DO want to limit your influence with them.

YOU don't know any better you're ignorant fools - you need to be smacked by this poster and then 'educated' because she knows so much more than you....you idiot.

Please tell us when and where all us idiots who disagree with the decisions of these parents can sign up for the physical violence, the 'education,' and the license.
edit on 10-7-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Are you trying to claim there are no studies and opinions out there that would counter your superior intellectual claims about gender dysphoria?

Really?

Or are you just wanting to continue the bigotry and the insults and the baseless accusations?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Seamrog

Dry up, Seam. You're one of the most hateful of the crowd. I have no respect AT ALL for you. You treat EVERYONE like crap; I've seen it.

Yup. One of the most likely to screw up a good thread and somebody I simply can't stand.

Look, this thread is full very personal and heartfelt things from a lot of us but mostly the story of a loving family that worked together to get their little girl the help she needed. Seamrog, please please please go spew your hate somewhere else and not contaminate the good works done in this thread. You and your kind are a pox on this board.
edit on Fri Jul 10th 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

(post by BuzzyWigs removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is a ATS popcorn thread.

God is going to sort this out.

Inherited sin has produced many issue's with the entire human family, honestly we just don't how deep this goes.
Some of these gender crisis's are a result of general imperfection that we all have, but some is environment.

Imagine if you were born in Saudi Arabia ?
edit on 10-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
This is a ATS popcorn thread.

God is going to sort this out.

Inherited sin has produced many issue's with the entire human family, honestly we just don't how deep this goes.
Some of these gender crisis's are a result of general imperfection that we all have, but some is environment.

Imagine if you were born in Saudi Arabia ?

You do realize that most people that can't resolve these issues just kill themselves? Read the whole damn thread before making off the cuff remarks. You just might learn something.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

And I can't believe how rude so many people are being to this gracious family.

It's shameful, isn't it?! And, as usual, some of the most hurtful and hateful remarks are coming from our most devout "pro-life" Christians.

Even though these kinds of cruel and rude Christians are a rarity, it just goes to show that ATS is a microcosm of what's going on out there, and it's the squeaky wheel that attracts the most attention.

edit on 10-7-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Nothing new - differing opinions are NOT welcome - particularly when they come from the Christian perspective.

Especially when they come from a Christian perspective.

Please back up a page or two and read the posts from Brian and Tamara. Especially the one where the last self-righteous "Christian" came in here with whatever brand of perverted Christianity you preach. He was sent home with some bible verses to study. Maybe you should look them up too?

Your opinions are more than welcome if you can offer something intelligent and constructive and have an original thought that adds to the discussion without reverting to dogma and hate for the sake of hate. I have nothing against Christians or their perspective but you are doing quite a good job of changing my mind on that and being a very poor representative of your faith. I always thought you people preached love of your fellow man and do unto others and all that? I have seen none of that from you so I'm a little concerned that maybe you have misinterpreted some of the teachings of Jesus. He would never behave like you do and you should be ashamed of yourself.

This thread is about a sensitive medical condition and how some have dealt with it. It has no room for politics or trolling. I would only ask that you have a little respect and humanity and if you expect anyone to listen to your drivel, try reading the whole thread and see if you feel the same way. I know you won't so why don't you please scurry along on your merry way and let those that have found this informative and educational alone.

Thank you, sir.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EKron

I don't believe for one second that this is a 'real' thread, or a 'real' family.

I think you've all been played like a fiddle, and it has been entertaining to watch.

That aside, the one 'on-topic' point I have made in this mess of a thread is that there is documented scientific and medical research published in prominent journals by respected doctors and researchers that demonstrates that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder that is successfully treatable with methods other than bodily mutilation and living in a pretend fantasy land.

But you're not concerned about that. You'd rather throw stones.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I INTERRUPT THIS DISCUSSION....

to bring you a reminder: this topic is about "At Age 3 — Transitioning From Jack To Jackie". The topic is not each other. Nor is it religion.

Please keep your posts on topic, and cut the personal sniping.

Do not respond to this message.

Thank you...we now return you to the TOPIC

bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't believe for one second that this is a 'real' thread, or a 'real' family.

I think you've all been played like a fiddle, and it has been entertaining to watch.

That aside, the one 'on-topic' point I have made in this mess of a thread is that there is documented scientific and medical research published in prominent journals by respected doctors and researchers that demonstrates that gender dysphoria is a mental disorder that is successfully treatable with methods other than bodily mutilation and living in a pretend fantasy land.

Let me get this straight. A loving family that doesn't conform to your preconceived ideals of "family" is a lie?

Nay, the whole dang thread is one big lie?

Who's the one throwing stones?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Oh, this is a real thread, because I started it. And the questions I presented are in the OP, and that's WHY I started it.

That said, as far as medical research that gender identification other than how one was biologically born is a mental disorder: PROVIDE some. That's what this thread is, is discussion and about biology vs environment. If you'd like to provide some scholarly articles and research to support your claims, I'd love to see that in this thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I can see if you might think that if you haven't read beyond the first 3 or 4 page. I can assure you the rest of the thread might open your eyes a little and I can also assure you everything about my life posted here is 100% absolutely real and the remainder of the thread with posts from JadeStar and her mother and father are also 100% absolutely real.

At any rate, if you really want to be entertained (and informed and educated) please read the whole thing then come back and I'll tell you how happy I've been living in a fantasy land and with my oh so mutilated body for 40+ years. I don't need your silly biased research papers. I could write one.

Enjoy your morning, enjoy the thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Oh, this is a real thread, because I started it. And the questions I presented are in the OP, and that's WHY I started it.

My apologies - I should clarify. I don't believe the direction that this thread took after you started it is real. This is not intended as an insult to anyone, but I believe 'Jadestar' is a figment of a clever poster's imagination.

That said, as far as medical research that gender identification other than how one was biologically born is a mental disorder: PROVIDE some. That's what this thread is, is discussion and about biology vs environment. If you'd like to provide some scholarly articles and research to support your claims, I'd love to see that in this thread.

You are correct - that is the point of your thread. Again, my apologies. I will do so.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have a good idea, let's assume that it's fine for someone to change genders if they want to, even if they were not "born that way." What's wrong with changing genders?

Now even with that assumption, in the original article we have someone who is three years old making that kind of decision. This is something that should be made by someone older, I would say possibly 16 but more likely 18 or older, definitely not 3.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

My apologies - I should clarify. I don't believe the direction that this thread took after you started it is real. This is not intended as an insult to anyone, but I believe 'Jadestar' is a figment of a clever poster's imagination.

You are correct - that is the point of your thread. Again, my apologies. I will do so.
What good reason would a person have to pretend to be transgendered? You become almost immediately ostracized by roughly half of the population, people send you death threats, tell you to kill yourself constantly, that you're mentally unstable, you're sick, you're mutilating yourself, etc.

Yeah, sounds like a real blast.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I believe 'Jadestar' is a figment of a clever poster's imagination.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, she is very much a real person and an amazing and intelligent one at that. I just pinched myself to check and yup, I'm a real person too.

Sorry to interrupt. Please keep reading.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join