It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Sharing Your Happiness (What Makes You Smile?)

page: 1

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:07 AM
At times life can be difficult, life can be tedious, life can be taxing.

But moments of supreme happiness can arise from the simplest of things.

Beauty sublime exists in elements basic. And enjoyment unparalleled manifests from sharing those precious moments with others.

I'm smiling right now as I write this. I'm singing along to a song playing loud on a pair of headphones I love. And I'm sipping a cup of french vanilla coffee while watching the sun climb higher and the birds flock low.

Alighted upon the driveway are sparrows and blue jays and morning doves gathered around and pecking at a sprinkling of amber seed littering that strip of concrete. Streaming between leaves and branches of the park cross-street are the golden rays of a glorious dawn.

Later today I'll be walking trails beside the flowing waters of a river valley.

Next week I'll be jumping out of a plane.

I can't wait to stroll through that verdant emerald forest. I can't wait to soar through the vast azure sky.

Those simple facets of life make me happy. Having things to which I look forward keeps me enthusiastic.

Too often we subside in a boundless morass of negativity. Too frequently those around us have nothing nice to say. And much too much those unproductive attitudes seep into us--diminishing our pleasure and devolving our mood, coloring our rainbow-bright reality in insufferable shades of gray.

Only through concerted effort can we break that cycle. Only with positive intentions can we reverse that trend.

So please take a little time and help spread some extra love through the world. Through nothing more than a single thoughtful post you can make thousands of people grin.

Here's the assignment, ATS: Share with us your happiness. Tell us about those little things that make you smile.

What makes your life incredible? What keeps your world bright?
edit on 4-7-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:12 AM
a reply to: Trachel

At the moment the fact all the lovely girls have become butterfly's because of the summer.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:21 AM

Seeing my son makes me happy.

What I did last night also makes me happy. Sitting around a fire pit in a friends back yard, eating good barbeque food, drinking good beer, with good people around me, with a lightning show kicking off above, and music pounding from a good stereo system. Stoking the fire, cutting the wood, even stamping out the odd stray ember. Elemental, relaxing, and enlivening activity like that... I love it.

I even loved getting home at six in the morning, and getting up at seven to go to work.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM

I love every day that i wake up and realise that the black dog is still hiding .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
This morning, watching this video not only made me smile, but made me laugh everytime I watched it! At 6 am, waking a sleeping wife, try explaining that! lol I don't know if it is his reaction or the crow itself!

Also, my kids make me smile everyday!

edit on 4-7-2015 by superman2012 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
a reply to: superman2012

Hahaha, loved the video. Thanks for sharing your laughter!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Stoking the fire, cutting the wood, even stamping out the odd stray ember. Elemental, relaxing, and enlivening activity like that... I love it.

All of yours are amazing examples, but this one caught my eye.

I love homesteading and doing simple work by hand. Shoveling the driveway in winter is one of my favorites.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:44 AM
a reply to: boymonkey74

I can't say anything about this or my wife will kill me, but *silent wink* and *secret high-five*

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
a reply to: hutch622

Every day is a good day--hope yours turns out to be the best!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM

I love winter!

One of my favourite things to do, assuming we are actually lucky enough to get proper winter weather in a given year (not a dead cert by any means), is clearing the ice from the steps outside our apartment. Our apartment is one of a block of four, which all share the same two flights of steps down to the ground floor. They turn into a frozen waterfall in a harsh winter, and so I strap chains onto my boots so that I do not slip, and take a hammer out to pound the inch thick ice off them before everyone starts going to work.

Its good honest work, and its necessary. It feels good to do it!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:13 AM
a reply to: TrueBrit

Thankfully our driveway never turns into an ice-skating rink like your stairwell, but we do get crazy-long icicles along the side of our house. Think arm-thick and leg-long and you'll have an idea of the massive fangs our house grows through winter.

Taking out a hammer or shovel and smashing them down would probably be good for the gutters (and a lot of fun for me). But those I always leave up for decoration. They make me smile, too.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
It's nice to see simple pleasures and even hard work make you guys happy.

I have everything I ever wanted, luckily I didn't want much.

Being retired is numero uno and then a good hot strong cup of coffee in the morning.

There is nothing more satisfying than having your time, all of it, being your own.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:48 AM
I worked near 80 hours this week.
Now I have 2 days off.
I plan on indulging in all manner of hedonistic pleasures.
Life is good.