It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Pretty much no one is allowed in the Antarctic

Then you may want to tell these people that.

www.adventure-life.com...

Seems they missed that memo.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a crescent moon? What do you suppose is making that round shaped shadow on the moon?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: spleenika

Ohh ohh I know :::waves hand :::
pick me
pick me

" The Disk of Earth "

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No, they are only traveling around the edge of the shelf and only travel so far "out" to the edge
stopping just short to miss getting in view on the horizon the 200+ foot high Ice wall
That is why they have the nights watch , ones that have seen the massive wall at the edge of earth
only died or came back insane from it's beauty, or come back and write books about walkers and the Icewall.

We would have pictures of this wall if planes were allowed to fly near it but the gps get turned off and they get lost,
ships can't go through the "far lands" to see the edge.

-----

on a side note would love to take that trip.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Watched the first video and only just managed to finish it because i wanted to give the guy a chance. But what a load of rubbish bad maths and bad logic. cant get back that time ever again what a waste.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I made It through the first video and I have to say that it has to be the single most idiotic, self serving pile of # that I have ever watched.

The moon is a flat self illuminating disk? Seriously?

The sun is 2000 miles away? Seriously?

Astronauts take off and then eject out of the shuttle and land in the ocean, so people don't see that we can't go to space. Oh really

Challenger astronauts are still alive? You can see their death certificates and ssn with a simple search

I cant believe I just wasted that much time with this crap, shame on me

PS- explain how compasses work if there's no poles? I'll wait.

edit on 5-7-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

PS- explain how compasses work if there's no poles? I'll wait.

I would think that the north would be center of the "disk" and south would be all along the edge of it.
But
looking at

theflatearthsociety.org web site I guess

::jedi mind trick ::
magnetic North is on "top of the disk in the center" and magnetic south is below the north but under the "Disk"

then reading through the forums more and more they can not agree with them selves.

EDIT//
a different web site "same name"
wiki.tfes.org...

Circumnavigation

The Flat Earth is laid out like a North-Azimuthal projection.

The North Pole is at the center while Antarctica is at the rim. The continents are spread out around the North Pole.

Circumnavigation on an FE is achieved because on a compass East and West are always at right angles to North. Traveling Eastwards continuously takes you in a circle around the North Pole. East and West are curved.

As it happens, on an RE you do not travel perfectly straight when traveling East or West either. Consider this thought experiment:

You are standing 10 feet away from the North Pole. You are then directed to travel East and are instructed to continue to do so. What happens to your path? You end up traveling in a circle, and not in a straight line that you previously thought you would.

The exact same thing happens regardless of where are you on the Earth. Your path will not be straight without you having to constantly change the direction you are traveling in reference to a compass.
Traveling in a Straight Line

Q. Can't we just circumnavigate the earth by traveling in a straight line without a navigational aid?

A. It is not possible to travel in a perfectly straight line for very long without a navigational aid.

It's not even possible to drive down a long length of highway without turning the steering wheel left or right. Get in a car and see if you can drive down a long stretch of highway without turning the wheel left or right. It's a near impossible thing to do. And when it comes to planes, ships, helicopters, et all., no craft has the ability of traveling in a perfectly straight line without the operator adjusting the craft with regards to visual terrain, compass readings, or what have you.

When one navigates, hands on control is paramount. You wouldn't find a ship captain in New York pointing his vessel in the direction of London, turning on cruise control, and then taking a three week nap in the lower decks. Who knows where he'd end up.

Q. What about other types of navigational instruments?

A. Using a compass, gyrocompass, or looking at Polaris as a reference for Eastwards or Westwards travel will take the navigator in a broad circle around the North Pole.

edit on 7/5/2015 by EvilBat because: adding info

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: hellobruce

There are no inconsistencies about the ISS, just some people's poor understanding of physics, and how things actually work.

OK, you put a smile on my face with that statement.

OK so her hair in the following video is normal and how it should react in Zero G ;-)
Oh and also she just floats up, hmm
You know what you can buy it if you want, and i respect that, but I will leave it on the shelf.

Here's another view from the vomit comet,
it includes floaters and non floaters...action reaction in play right? and that's one hell of an airplane

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

Using a compass, gyrocompass, or looking at Polaris as a reference for Eastwards or Westwards travel will take the navigator in a broad circle around the North Pole.

Wow, they really said that. Too bad they don't tell you how to spot Polaris from the southern hemisphere.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon

NO, I just don't believe everything I am told blindly, I am able to think for myself be it right or wrong what every conclusion I come too.

So what personal experiments (thought experiments or otherwise) have you done that convinces you that the Earth is flat? What contradictory evidence do you have for all of the experiments and observations doe since the Ancient Greek times that seem to show that the Earth is a sphere?

You say you are thinking for yourself, so in a few words please explain your thought process that made you conclude that the earth is flat (I mean YOUR thought process, not some flat Earth claim you have seen on a YouTube video).

It seems to me that you are simply blindly believing the YouTube claims you are posting. Please show me the critical thinking skills you used to corroborate the information and conclusions in your YouTube videos.

edit on 7/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

here's another interesting video I haven't see before maybe you have as I am new to this subject.
the part I was asking about in a earlier reply starts at 3:37 to 6:24,the rest I'm not into...yet,lol too many conspiracies to wrap my head around at the moment as I'm sure it goes much deeper than what I know.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Not sure if you watched this one yet but it is pretty convincing mathematically speaking

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
At what time does he present this convincing math? I made it to 7:49 and had to stop listening to this idiot. He is simply so unaware of how much he doesn't know that I can not take him seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The person who made that video is an idiot.

He says there is a hump between the West Coast of the US and Hawaii.

Why would there be?

The curvature of the earth is down and away from any given point you stand on.

Where does a hump come from?

Total idiocracy. Making the world dumber.

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ditto !

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I am unaware of how much or little you are aware of your own knowledge or lack there of . Hurling a adhomin at someone you were only willing to partially hear out is not impressive in my book . You might have tried to refute his math and conclusions instead of taking a idiotic statement he said to show how idiotic the globe earth really is . Not that it's not believable because a lot do and I respect them as to their faith .

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Not sure if you watched this one yet but it is pretty convincing mathematically speaking

Again I ask you where in the vid the convincing math part is?

I don't need a lecture from you. Listen to how he speaks in the video and apply the same criticism you're trying to heap onto me. When I see a dumbass trying to be a smartass like that, he deserves what he gets.

ETA: Would you like to explain and defend his claim @ 1:15 that airplanes would start flying upside down if the Earth were a globe?
edit on 6-7-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

The guy in this video gives no real solid evidence for the assertions he is making.

I suppose if you simply want to blindly believe anything a guy tells you in a YouTube video, this guys is as good as any. then again, I'm not sure why anyone would want to blindly believe anything.

I can use my critical thinking skills to understand that the earth is a sphere, or I watch videos like this (and other videos posted by the OP) and just blindly believe like a sheep the fallacious flat Earth non-evidence being peddled by these quacks.

Seriously -- what did the guy in this video offer as compelling evidence? He said a lot of stuff, but none of it holds up to scrutiny.

edit on 7/6/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I found the videos to be absolutely fascinating! He asks some interesting question and poses some fascinating ideas.

Well done!

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

everything, and not just the sky above, there is many pitfalls in what we are told is true and what actually might be true, and there is were I have the problem, because, if we were living on a globe, then when on researches the facts regarding this, there should be no contradictions but yet there is and many.

The flying issue has me stumped,I mean really it's something so simple but no answer as to why(that i know of) if the world is moving at the speed of 1,040 mpg's why can't we just wait for the west coast come to us from the east coast
do you have an answer to this?
I wish I knew of this flat earth theory when I was in New York at the Empire State building,lol, I would have got much more from looking through the binoculars on top. I would have taken notice of how far I can see ...

Coin-operated viewing machines can be found at various points along the outdoor deck of the Empire State Building Observatory. They are fitted with high-power binoculars that offer magnified views of the sights around you, including the Chrysler Building, Manhattan Bridge and Ellis Island. Tip: Make sure to bring quarters, the only coins that can be used to operate the viewing machines.

For an additional fee, visitors can access an observatory on the 102nd floor. This one is smaller and entirely enclosed, with glass windows that boast bird's-eye views from a height of 1,250 feet. On clear days, visitors may even spy Pennsylvania, Connecticut and Massachusetts, as visibility can stretch as far as 80 miles.

Empire State building

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join