It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

So am I to understand that by that statement then, that everything regarding space travel, satellites, ISS, everything that has been taught to you and that has been presented at fact be it scientific and approved by our ruling bodies is true?

Unless someone can actually show different then yes...and the flat Earth theory doesn't do it.

Here is another question you will never answer...how do we get pics of the Earth if we aren't actually sending things into space?

How about keeping on topic and stop with calling everything nonsense which does not fit into your way off thinking.

There's that afraid to be challenged answer again...how about you quit skirting around the questions and actually provide something to show it isn't nonsense...because as of yet you haven't done that.

I get it you know, and it is OK, I know it is very hard for people when there beliefs are questioned, but understand, I am not trying to change what you believe, I am presenting information so that others that have thought or seen things that don't add up, might find the information useful.

I am afraid it is your beliefs being questioned not ours. We can show scientifically that the Earth is indeed round, can the flat Earther's do that with actual science and not youtube...because I have yet to see anything scientific that backs the flat Earth claim.

And how about showing where actual scientists agree with it?

Do that and you might have something...doubtful that you can though.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
Bored are we ? jumping on reply's not addressed to you and answering on other behalf?
You and I are just going around in circles, I have addressed your points, and you cherry pick what you want to reply to.

You have made your point very clear were you stand regarding this whole theory, which i respect, and the bottom line you and I are not going to agree, so based on that there is no point in continuing our discussion regarding this topic.

Have a good day.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Bored are we ? jumping on reply's not addressed to you and answering on other behalf?

Didn't know there was some type of rule saying you couldn't post unless addressed...oh wait there isn't.

You and I are just going around in circles, I have addressed your points, and you cherry pick what you want to reply to.

And yet I have asked two simple questions that you have danced around and won't answer for some reason...why is that?

As far as cherry picking...It's a bit easier than purging your whole post as most of it is a bit redundant.

You have made your point very clear were you stand regarding this whole theory, which i respect, and the bottom line you and I are not going to agree, so based on that there is no point in continuing our discussion regarding this topic.

As long as you post about the flat Earth and try and push that ignorance here I will be there to deny it. So you won't answer the question that pretty much debunks the flat Earth theory in it's tracks.

But let's try it one more time shall we...

Why do we not see all the land masses on the Earth at the same time when we see pics of the Earth from space?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I played the videos on my other screen while doing other things just so I could see what they were pushing.

I do not recommend watching them to anyone. That garbage felt like an assault on my intelligence. Those with weak understanding of the sciences may lose IQ points by listing to the ludicrous claims made in the videos.

I simply can't imagine what motivates people to produce or push such a narrative that will only dumb down the population. The only thing I can come up with is that those people truly love to play at poe and troll people.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Civilizations dating back to at least the Greeks knew the Earth was round. Sailors have relied on this fact for millennia. Or are you suggesting that such tools like the astrolabe don't actually work and sailors were just extremely lucky to ever reach their desired destination?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

I simply can't imagine what motivates people to produce or push such a narrative that will only dumb down the population.

I blame Youtube for dumbing up of the world...as they are the ones allowing these types of videos to be shown.

Seems we were much smarter before the youtube craze.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Civilizations dating back to at least the Greeks knew the Earth was round.

They knew before the birth of Christ that the world was indeed round. In fact as early as 500 BC Pythagoras knew it was round.

www.nuffieldfoundation.org...

But for some reason we have this flat Earth BS in 2015...oh the humanity.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the response but I feel like you've left me with more questions than answers!

And I appreciate what you'r saying. You're trying to see through the spoon-fed information you've been filled with since birth and identifying its potential flaws, rather than accepting it without questioning it. I definitely respect that. You're keeping an open mind and asking yourself certain questions about all we've been made to believe about 'reality' and our existence. Again, I have no problems with this. I completely understand why and I follow a similar thought process myself, as probably many members of ATS do (and is probably what drew most members to the site in the first place).

So going back to what you said...

originally posted by: TheDon
Now I am going to speculate and this is only my opinion and nothing more.
Lets say for example that we live in an enclosed system for example and have always, and that there is an intelligent design behind everything, how would you hide that from the inhabitants?

Why hide the intelligence behind humanity's existence yet leave written texts/messages/prophecies advising us of an intelligent designer? And in so many variations too? The videos make reference to how the religions had it right in the first place so someone must have told them about it right from the beginning. You say yourself that the theory was widely believed up until 500 years ago. So if it wasn't the designer who deceived us then the deception must have been created by man, so who on this Earth would benefit from such a thing? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this..

Now if i was going to hide it, what better way than to put into to the minds of the populaces of say the said enclosed system that what you are living on is a globe with no edges, in doing so you everyone believes there is nothing else out there, that if you set of on a journey you will just end up right back were you started. Also imply to the masses that they are so small in the vastness of everything, then people just tend to go on about there business.

And why would this be important? As I've already suggested, it seems a little contradictory to me. Surely you'd want your race to reach its full potential, in whatever form that may be?

Now if we flip the coin and say, with live on some kind of enclosed/flat/designed/hologram/ etc and this became common knowledge, straight away, everyone would know that there has to be some kind of intelligent design behind it all.
Everything would change, and I believe for the better as well.
Humans, just being who we are would want to seek out and discover who was behind it all, it would also feed the question, why are we here and for what purpose.
I could go on but I am sure you are getting the jest of what I am saying.

I see what you're saying but it still doesn't answer the question 'why the cover-up?' The designer (if they exist) obviously left evidence in the form of religious texts and messages from prophets which tells me that their existence (if true) was to be known and worshipped. If that's the case then the 'big lie' was created by man. So why would one of the 'prisoners' deceive their own people about their whole existence? As I said before, what's the benefit? If man was aware of a boundary around their world then wouldn't it be everybody's goal and effort to go beyond it? Wouldn't it be the single aim of the inhabiting population to put all their energy in to breaching the boundary that has them penned in?

I'm not saying you agree or disagree with what I'm saying, I'm just questioning the reason behind such a big cover up and what the benefits of that would be.

Just to add as well, what if it was a prison, what better way to hide it, then to tell everyone inside that you live on a ball and there is no walls!

I see what you mean, provide the illusion of freedom and free will in order to keep the 'prisoners' unaware of the situation they're in. I am familiar with the concept.

But what's the purpose of the prison? Is it all an experiment? Are we a one-of-a-kind, first-of-type race that has been created in a lab environment? Or are we criminals? Unwanted and kept away from the whatever there is beyond the edge of our flat prison Earth? Again, I'm interested what you're thoughts are around this. You may not have the answers and may be contemplating the very same questions I have put forward to you but I'm intrigued to hear what your views are in any case.

Regards,
Heliopolis

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: neformore
So am I to understand that by that statement then, that everything regarding space travel, satellites, ISS, everything that has been taught to you and that has been presented at fact be it scientific and approved by our ruling bodies is true?

Yes, because its been independently verified by people who aren't part of any "ruling body".

You can SEE the ISS as it passes overhead. I myself have viewed it through a telescope set up in a friends back yard.

Independent scientists and amateur enthusiasts have tracked satellites and spacecraft using telescopes and telemetary transmissions.

The basis of your argument is that people only experience what they are taught instead of what they can physically experience for themselves - its a ludicrous premise.
edit on 5/7/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

If I had to take the video seriously and lay blame it wouldn't be youtube it would be zealotry.

The reason they are trying to convince people that the earth is flat is because of scripture claiming the earth is flat so they have to lie and do mental gymnastics to make the premise plausible. They can't have their scripture be wrong so they have to convince people the scripture is correct.

At the end of the videos they finally expose their motivation. It is just hard for me to imagine that there are those that would go that far as to un-educate people. To do so is cult like. Most religious people can accept scientific facts even if it goes against scripture, but the ones that can't must have some very strange circumstances.

I would be more comfortable if I can just say they are trolling, but that is me doing my own mental gymnastic to feel better about it. Unfortunately, I know better, but let me hope.
edit on 5-7-2015 by grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

It's scary to think that we've fooled so hard all this time that it's easier to just discard this theory just to sleep well at night...

But damn, I want to know the truth, SEE the truth with my own eyes...I really really want to check it out myself yet even if I had a plane, maybe they would shoot me down before even getting somewhere since if this theory is true, I bet they would be willing to do ANYTHING to prevent the people from knowing the truth.

someone adventurous could send a camera up on a helium balloon to see if the horizon is straight or curved? lol do you know anyone that can do this?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

Yeah posted some of those shiwing it is not flat.
Op claimed they can be faked.......

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I found this to be interesting why would they make an official map of the flat earth?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Been done many times. It's curved.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This is a neet vid to consider .
It would be interesting to create a 6 person team. 2 in the north 2 at the equator and 2 in the southern hemisphere and film the night sky . Question would be for me is can you watch the same North starr with all others appearing to move around it .

The more people looking at the issue or issues are discovering that the standard model though believable without questions does not explaing some of the simple observations . It's like it has become a either and or both .

edit on 5-7-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

And some times some people get it very close to the truth

edit on 5-7-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: heliopolis
Thank you for some intelligent questions, :-)
i will get back to you with a reply, but can't right now, but rest assured, i will, and i will also try to answer your questions to the best of my ability, English is not my first language so a do sometimes have a bit of difficulty in expressing my myself.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I get it you know, and it is OK, I know it is very hard for people when there beliefs are questioned, but understand, I am not trying to change what you believe, I am presenting information so that others that have thought or seen things that don't add up, might find the information useful.
And they are more people than you might think, and the number is rising

I for one thank you for creating this thread I believe it should be taken seriously and discussed like adults with that said...
I didn't have a clue that the heliocentric model was ever a question until I started watching video's of the flat earth.I thought yeah right! until the evidence was presented that really made me think.Knowing all the lies told by every facet of government in this country makes me wonder if this in fact true.I know that they are lying about something...big but this? it would explain why Nasa lies so much. I'm not 100% sold on it because I would like to see one piece of evidence that's irrefutable.
pretty mind blowing if true!

edit on 5-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I am 20 minutes in and am skeptical on the first part but will continue to watch it.

I remember doing an experiment in college where I had to find the speed of light, using the echo from Neil Armstrong's voice where it would occasionally get picked up on the ground and back and ground again.

The round trip for the voice was around 2.56 seconds / 2 = 1.28 seconds for one way.

The distance to the moon is 384,403 KM or 384,403,000 Meters
The Speed of Light is 3.00×10^8 m/s or 299,792,458 m/s

384,403,000 meters / 1.28 seconds = ~ 3 x 10^8 m/s

So they even created a perfectly timed echo occasionally?
edit on 5-7-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
a reply to: theMediator

It's scary to think that we've fooled so hard all this time that it's easier to just discard this theory just to sleep well at night...

But damn, I want to know the truth, SEE the truth with my own eyes...I really really want to check it out myself yet even if I had a plane, maybe they would shoot me down before even getting somewhere since if this theory is true, I bet they would be willing to do ANYTHING to prevent the people from knowing the truth.

someone adventurous could send a camera up on a helium balloon to see if the horizon is straight or curved? lol do you know anyone that can do this?

Maybe the atmosphere is still a sphere which at a certain height bends the view...
I don't really think the earth is flat just from that video but it still was interesting facts that support a flat earth.

The question that came my mind is ; Maybe the earth is actually much bigger and that our part is closed by the Antarctic? I've been in planes many times and, to me at least, it seems that the curvature of the atmosphere is wider than what it should be.

Pretty much no one is allowed in the Antarctic and we rarely hear much about it...other than the idea that it's just a big chunk of ice. I've seen unprovable claims and stories from that region involving secrecy and underground bases but I really would love to see the continent with my own eyes.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Debunk #2

On the curvature of the earth, when I was in the Navy, I could watch distant ships appear to be sinking as they were going over the horizon.
I was told that the max distance was 13 miles from the flight deck

From what I understand, the curvature is not noticed so much until you get above 60,000 feet
edit on 5-7-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join