It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Here , try and unravel this mess that is known as a time zone . Oh and good luck

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: elephantstone

What I would like to ask you is why do you put so much faith in to a half baked youtube video,and tell any detractors that they haven't done there research,and yet you refuse to accept the couple of thousand years worth of research that clearly shows the earth to be a sphere,what in your opinion is the big kicker that proves your point?

To answer your question I don't put all my faith in the couple of videos I posted, but from what I have found doing much research, there are many things that do not add up when one looks at the globe model.

Also you are aware that up to the 1500 that the flat earth model was widely believed for over 4500 years? it is only over the last 500 years the globe model was introduced.

I'm not trying to dis you,I just want to find out your mind set, which piece of evidence is the deal maker ?

No problem, I don't really have one piece of evidence which is the deal maker, as I have mentioned before, just because I find flaws with the globe model what we are taught, that does not make the flat earth model more realistic, How do I know if the earth is flat, what I do know and believe is that what we have been taught and what can be observed regarding the globe were told we live on do not add up and there are many contradictions, plus many things are being hidden from us.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
I find flaws with the globe model what we are taught,........ and what can be observed regarding the globe were told we live on do not add up and there are many contradictions,

So exactly what do you think the flaws are? What does not add up about this globe and what are the many contradictions?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore
I am not claiming anything, what I am saying and what the videos i posted were about, was to show some of the contradictions, which i see and many others do as well, regarding were we live.

For example how do you explain the hairspray astronaut in the 2nd video? why are there so many inconsistency regarding the ISS ?
As we have already talked about, what about the horizon and how we see it?
That is just to list a few of the things mentioned in the videos, as you know if you have watched the videos there are many more.

As I have stated I am not saying everything is correct in the videos, but surely if one is to believe that we live on a globe etc, then when one looks at what is claimed as fact were we live, and I mean everything, then there should not be any inconsistencies, but yet there is and many more are coming to light.

Trust me a year ago I was doing what you are doing now, and I laughed to myself when I saw a read about us not living on a globe, like many on this forum, but one day I thought let me have a look at the theories it is going to be so easy to debunk the flat earth #, but guess what, once i started digging and looking at many things, there started being more questions and answers regarding what we have been taught as fact and actually what is.

For all I know were living inside some kind of hologram or in a test tube, but what I do know for sure, is that the theory regarding were we live and what is our place in this so called universe, has been mostly fabricated and that all of us have been lied to.

Thanks

P.S. Please understand also, I 100% respect other people views regarding this matter and I know it brings out the worst in people, when one questions were we actually live and that we might have all been lied too.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
The 2 videos i posted show many and that is a good starting point.
Have you watch the videos?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   

why are there so many inconsistency regarding the ISS ?

There are no inconsistencies about the ISS, just some people's poor understanding of physics, and how things actually work.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy
OK, Apollo, lets say them mission did happen as we are told, not that I believe that at all, and to be honest with you this thread is not about the moon landings, there are plenty of other threads on ATS about that to discuss that. So for arguments sake and for this thread, were are the rest of the pictures after nearly 60 years of alleged space travel?

Am i to believe and rely totally on one official picture released by NASA of the earth by the Apollo 12 mission.

Were are the HD pictures of the place were we live? There is none.

Also go have a look at the composite pictures release by NASA of our planets, there is some really kewl ones, and then have a look at how the continents are shown in the images, then come back to me when you have looked up and research maps of our planets and tell me then that you don't see a problem with the images portrayed by NASA of were we live having a few problems ;-)

I have already stated the same thing in an earlier post in this thread, but for some reason as always when talking about this subject it is ignored.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

There are no inconsistencies about the ISS, just some people's poor understanding of physics, and how things actually work.

OK, you put a smile on my face with that statement.

OK so her hair in the following video is normal and how it should react in Zero G ;-)
Oh and also she just floats up, hmm
You know what you can buy it if you want, and i respect that, but I will leave it on the shelf.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

OK so her hair in the following video is normal and how it should react in Zero G

Yes, how do you think it should react?

Oh and also she just floats up,

Actually watch the video, you can see she uses her hand to move herself, so she shows she is weightless...

So this is your "evidence" a video where you show you do not understand physics.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006
Hi,
Also they tell us that long bridges take into account the curvature off the earth as well.

but if your research what the curvature should be and what you should not be able to see, then you have more questions than answers.

Check the 2nd video out posted by TWILITE22 above www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also going back to what I have observed personally, I live by the coast and have done for over 13 years here in Sweden, and on a clear day, whilst standing on the beach I could see a beach over 10km away with my telescope, which should be impossible if we are to believe the maths regarding how the earth is curved.

There is many experiments out there that have proven that what we are talked about the curvature of the earth is actually not what is observed.

edit on 5/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

OK, As i said you can buy it, and i respect that.
So with that said and my aim not being to try and convince or change peoples mind regarding what we are told about were we live etc, I am going to leave you to believe what ever you wish.
Have a good day.
edit on 5/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Thanks for sharing the vids and putting your thoughts across. It's the first time I've took any interest in the flat earth theory as I've always thought it was a load of rubbish. But... saying that, I found a lot of the points raised in the videos very interesting.

They filled a lot of the gaps I had in regards to the whole space travel/moon landing charade (amongst other things) which I've never really bought into. All the Apollo footage and astronaut interviews just don't sit right with me. I always try to keep an open mind on anything I can't confirm first hand and there's something about the official story of mankind's travels in space that my instincts tell me are not what we've been led to believe. I may be wrong, and would accept it if so.

So anyway, let's say you're right about this and the earth is actually flat. The one big question that jumps out at me about this whole theory is... if it's true, then why the big cover up? What's the benefit? And who would benefit from it? Why go to these extreme lengths, for all this time, and continue to lie about a major factor of mankind's origins and existence? How does anybody gain from that? Why would you invent space, a universe, solar systems, galaxies and all the physics and science that go with it? Going on what the second video suggested, who on earth would benefit from mankind perceiving itself as an insignificant race in the vast openness of the universe?

I appreciate you might not agree with all the points the videos make but those are the main questions I was left with after watching the vids.

Thanks again for sharing.
Heliopolis.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing the vids and putting your thoughts across. It's the first time I've took any interest in the flat earth theory as I've always thought it was a load of rubbish. But... saying that, I found a lot of the points raised in the videos very interesting.
a reply to: heliopolis
Hi, thanks for taking the time out to actually watch the videos and come back to discuss them :-)

So anyway, let's say you're right about this and the earth is actually flat.

I am actually not saying that the earth is flat, more so that what we have been brain washed to believe regarding that we live on a globe, hurtling though space and that we are insignificant, is not true and if you look at what is presented as fact to prove this theory then one starts to see very big holes in the theory, were if the theory was true then there should be no contradictions, or holes.
What I believe is what we have been told is not the whole truth and that we have been and are being lied to.

The one big question that jumps out at me about this whole theory is... if it's true, then why the big cover up? What's the benefit? And who would benefit from it? Why go to these extreme lengths, for all this time, and continue to lie about a major factor of mankind's origins and existence?

The million dollar question ;-)
Now I am going to speculate and this is only my opinion and nothing more.
Lets say for example that we live in an enclosed system for example and have always, and that there is an intelligent design behind everything, how would you hide that from the inhabitants?
Now if i was going to hide it, what better way than to put into to the minds of the populaces of say the said enclosed system that what you are living on is a globe with no edges, in doing so you everyone believes there is nothing else out there, that if you set of on a journey you will just end up right back were you started. Also imply to the masses that they are so small in the vastness of everything, then people just tend to go on about there business.

Now if we flip the coin and say, with live on some kind of enclosed/flat/designed/hologram/ etc and this became common knowledge, straight away, everyone would know that there has to be some kind of intelligent design behind it all.
Everything would change, and I believe for the better as well.
Humans, just being who we are would want to seek out and discover who was behind it all, it would also feed the question, why are we here and for what purpose.
I could go on but I am sure you are getting the jest of what I am saying.

Just to add as well, what if it was a prison, what better way to hide it, then to tell everyone inside that you live on a ball and there is no walls!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Just to add as well, what if it was a prison, what better way to hide it, then to tell everyone inside that you live on a ball and there is no walls!

Have you ever read of Plato's Cave? It was a thought experiment by Plato that asked if we live in the world we perceive or whether we see an illusion that's projected in front of us? He imagined 'prisoners' chained before a cave wall that had shadows of the world projected against it by a fire and being behind the chained prisoners (us). I think you'll like it.

He further speculated that anyone who saw the 'real' world would be dismissed by the other prisoners as a madman.

We can never entirely be certain that this world is as real as we think it is. It could be simulation, holographic or something stranger than we can imagine.

Nevertheless, I think the work of astrophysicists and the engineers who build their various telescopes (Hubble etc) provides evidence, at least, that the universe is very old and profoundly huge. That these same men and women look outward from various points on Earth confirms, for me, that we are currently on a spherical world in a dauntingly large universe. Of course, the planets and moons we can see are also spherical which makes ours being spherical very ordinary in the scheme of things.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Hello Kandinsky

Have you ever read of Plato's Cave? It was a thought experiment by Plato that asked if we live in the world we perceive or whether we see an illusion that's projected in front of us? He imagined 'prisoners' chained before a cave wall that had shadows of the world projected against it by a fire and being behind the chained prisoners (us). I think you'll like it.

I have not read it though I am familiar with his works and have come across it many times referenced in my research, I will take the time to actually read your suggestion, Thanks

We can never entirely be certain that this world is as real as we think it is. It could be simulation, holographic or something stranger than we can imagine.

Agreed 100%

Nevertheless, I think the work of astrophysicists and the engineers who build their various telescopes (Hubble etc) provides evidence, at least, that the universe is very old and profoundly huge. That these same men and women look outward from various points on Earth confirms, for me, that we are currently on a spherical world in a dauntingly large universe. Of course, the planets and moons we can see are also spherical which makes ours being spherical very ordinary in the scheme of things.

Whilst i totally respect your point of view here, I am going to have to disagree somewhat.
Now of course there is no disagreeing with you want we can see with our eyes when we look upwards, were I think IMO is what are we actually looking at?
Yes we have "astrophysicists and the engineers who build their various telescopes (Hubble etc) " but up until 60 years ago the sky's were viewed in 2d, and it is only in the last 60 years with the advance of claimed space exploration, that we are now given a bigger picture.
This picture naturally is a refection of what we have been taught lead to believe is fact, what was only introduced some 500 years ago.

Without going into some NASA bashing etc, when one starts to look at everything, and not just the sky above, there is many pitfalls in what we are told is true and what actually might be true, and there is were I have the problem, because, if we were living on a globe, then when on researches the facts regarding this, there should be no contradictions but yet there is and many.

Once again, I totally respect what you and others believe, but i encourage all to at least to look into it, because I was of the same mind set once, but once one really researches this ludicrous conspiracy, and believe me I thought the same, one can not deny that things are not adding up and there has been and is many lies told to us all.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

If an astronomer in the alleged southern hemisphere pointed their telescope straight up and took a photograph, would they see the same objects as an astronomer in the alleged northern hemisphere? I ask because people say they see completely different constellation in each respective hemisphere. There's also a consensus that everyone in the southern hemisphere sees the same star field and everyone in the northern hemisphere sees a different star field. People living near the alleged equator see a combination of both star fields.

A lot of people doubt mainstream information, but to doubt the words, photographs and experiences of everyone on the planet seems awfully lacking in judgement. We've got Australian members who will cheerfully send you a live picture of the Moon when they can see it and we in the northern hemisphere can't. Wouldn't that shake your certainty that the world isn't round?

I dug up a very short video of a guy allegedly jumping from the edge of our atmosphere:

Now, I don't expect you to accept that the jump took place and I'm not even sure you'll believe he exists. It's not totally clear to me that you'll even believe that these words you're reading were written by a real person. This is a shame because I get the sense you've questioned yourself into a dark corner. There's a good chance that you've doubted and queried so much that you've left yourself no certainties.

I've read many of your posts since that flat-Earth thread ages ago so I don't expect you to re-evaluate your position. Better minds than mine have tried and didn't dent the doubting approach you have. All I can say is that I'm not sure it's rational or healthy to doubt so much. Anyway, I've said my concerns and will leave you to it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I dug up a very short video of a guy allegedly jumping from the edge of our atmosphere:

Well it isn't alleged...the crazy bastard really did it.

But I see the point your trying to make...although I really don't think it will matter.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I totally respect your point of view.

Regarding the video, I actually addressed that in my last thread, also it was brought up in Part 1 of the videos i posted in my OP.

So with that said i will leave it at that and wish you the best.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

But we aren't being lied to.

What you are suggesting is, frankly, dumb.

It's embarrassing that someone could believe such nonsense.

You don't need to be told something in order to experience it or see it with your own eyes.

You are trying to make out that established, researched scientific fact is wrong, and in doing so are contributing to making the world dumber.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

But we aren't being lied to.

So am I to understand that by that statement then, that everything regarding space travel, satellites, ISS, everything that has been taught to you and that has been presented at fact be it scientific and approved by our ruling bodies is true?

It's embarrassing that someone could believe such nonsense.

your opinion once again.

You are trying to make out that established, researched scientific fact is wrong, and in doing so are contributing to making the world dumber.

NO, I just don't believe everything I am told blindly, I am able to think for myself be it right or wrong what every conclusion I come too.

How about keeping on topic and stop with calling everything nonsense which does not fit into your way off thinking.

I get it you know, and it is OK, I know it is very hard for people when there beliefs are questioned, but understand, I am not trying to change what you believe, I am presenting information so that others that have thought or seen things that don't add up, might find the information useful.
And they are more people than you might think, and the number is rising.

have a good day.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join