It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I do not disregard everything science has shown us for centuries.

But you think the flat Earth theory could be real...so in that respect you do.

As to the pictures and the testimony of those who claim to have been into space then I can choose to believe these things without question or to take them as things that I cannot verify to be true.

That isn't a claim... those who have been to space have actually been there, as it really isn't something you can fake.

I know as I have seen many space shuttle launches living in Fla as a kid.

Sometimes people tell lies, sometimes they make things up.

Such as the Earth being flat.

I reserve my right to remain open minded until shown irrefutable evidence.

Which is why the flat Earth theory is BS...there is irrefutable evidence the Earth is not flat and in fact does rotate and orbit the sun.

Can any flat Earth advocate provide the same for their theory...not even close.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

So, when - at 28.55 in the second video, the guy talks about the flat earth, and how the UN logo mimicks the idea, and then goes on to state at 30.16 that the UN prevents people from going to Antarctica (they don't) to stop them from figuring out the earth is flat (because, according to what he's saying, Antarctica doesn't exist) - or when he goes on to discuss aircraft routing etc - he's not discussing the earth being flat?

They do limit exploration of the Antarctica
The Antarctic Treaty

The Antarctic Treaty was signed in Washington on 1 December 1959 by the twelve countries whose scientists had been active in and around Antarctica during the International Geophysical Year (IGY) of 1957-58. It entered into force in 1961 and has since been acceded to by many other nations. The total number of Parties to the Treaty is now 52.

Source
Side note, just for fun, look at the image to the right on the link, and compare it to UN flag ;-)

You don't have to be taught to see the sun rise and set, observe the moon and stars at different times of the year and watch a boat disappear over the horizon from the bottom first to understand that the earth is curved. Its not rocket science to figure out that planes fly on certain routes where possible so they can be overland or near to land case of emergencies. You don't have to be taught that the higher you go, the more you can see, because you are raising yourself above the level of the surrounding area, and that if the earth was flat that on a clear day with a powerful telescope set line level on the top of Snowdon I'd be able to see New York City as its the highest point on the west coast of the UK before the Atlantic.

That is an opinion based on the model and information that is presented to us, nothing more, and I have to disagree with you, from what I have researched, what you state there there is plenty of other models apart from what we are taught/told.

For example, just to touch on one of your points, in the comment above, if your flying at 10Km up and the earth is curved as they lead us to believe, when you look out of the plane window when crusing, the horizon, should not be at eye level, it is impossible on a globe planet based on the information we are told regarding the globe we live on.
The horizion should be below us.
but for some reason people dont seem to know that or want to believe it.

edit on 4/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon
Understood. But I have personally observed this happen more than once.

Actually, there are many non-cgi "official" pictures of earth from space. Any google search will bring them up. I've seen the solar system we live in through some sizable telescopes. Why would only the earth be flat, when everything I can see in our solar system is round? What I'm saying is, what I can observe myself, tells me the earth is round-ish.

I'll look more into the second vid later.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
For example, just to touch on one of your points, in the comment above, if your flying at 10Km up and the earth is curved as they lead us to believe, when you look out of the plane window when crusing, the horizon, should not be at eye level, it is impossible on a globe planet based on the information we are told regarding the globe we live on.
The horizion should be below us.
but for some reason people dont seem to know that or want to believe it.

If you are flying at 10km up, and you look out of the window flat and level, the horizon will be below your line of vision. In order to be looking flat and level the aircraft will need also to be flat and level in attitude, and not banking in any way shape or form because it will affect your perception of what you see. You would also need to have your head braced in a position so that you couldn't move it at all, and blinkers to prevent you seeing anything else apart from what is directly in front of you.

However, if you look out of a window at 10km up without any of those things, then you are going to see the horizon, because the conditions will be less than perfect and unless you are some kind of zen buddhist control freak with absolute mastery over your physical and mental conditioning your eyes will be drawn to it, because our brains are hard wired to try and make sense of what we we see.

At 10km up you will see about 360km out in front of you. The circumference of the earth is 40,075km, so you are seeing approx 0.008% of it in out front of you, which is just about enough to see the curvature at the side of your field of vision if you look straight forward at the horizon.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Actually, there are many non-cgi "official" pictures of earth from space. Any google search will bring them up.

Please show me some, there is only 1 offical picture released by NASA of the earth from space, which is claimed, to have come from the Apollo 17 mission.

Also just for fun, and to set you a challenge, before you post a picture which you think is real and not a composite, of the earth from space, and lets remember, with the claim of there being 10's of thousands of satilites etc in space, we should have 10's of thousands of pictures of of the earth from space.

Show me a picture of earth from space, which actually shows the continents of the earth represented as they should be, which would reflect the Gall–Peters projection map, not the Mercator projection map, as anyone that has done a bit of reseach will know this map is NOT a true representation of the continents.

Good luck.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry going to have to disagree with you there, and as you claim you have watched the first video, then you will know why.
And there is plenty of other examples out there explaining this.

Here is another short video from a user that I think does a very good job explaining this using 3D modelling.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
a reply to: boymonkey74
This thread is not about the earth being flat, you would know that if you had watched the videos i posted.

What people believe is there beliefs not mine and I am not trying to change them, like other in this thread.

i am just pointing out and presenting information that questions what we are told is true and fact

Peace.

About twenty mins in and someone posted the basic same video the other day and I watched all that and yes the videos are about the world being flat.
Yes they do raise questions but many of those were answered in the other thread.
But to any of these I just point to videos like this.

Oh this is awesome btw.

So yeah NASA does fudge the images but I know the world is round.

edit on 4-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

You've completely discounted all our members who CANNOT watch the video...therefore, without even a basic explanation...you've not allowed them to participate.

Also...if you've "invested" for a year...you must realize we have members here who BEEN investigating tons more of evidence and conclusions...right or wrong...for 10 years, 20 years, even 50 years.

That would make a 1 year investigation...lacking all that accumulative material...you've never been exposed to...and whereas some of us...have been.

With just a year of so investigative evidence hunting...against leaving out all those members who CANNOT watch these...and your refusal to at least EXPLAIN them to those members...I'M OUT.

edit on 4-7-2015 by mysterioustranger because: because I could

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Rather than say too much, I give my thoughts pictorially,

The only thing I can agree with is your advice to watch that crazy no moon landing video! Believe that, and you can believe anything.
Then you can ponder on this,

edit on 4-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Seen the video as well before you posted, but, not sure how that video confirms the earth is a globe, unless were looking at different videos.

But if that video confirms what you to believe is true, then who am i to question your beliefs?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Please show me some, there is only 1 offical picture released by NASA of the earth from space, which is claimed, to have come from the Apollo 17 mission.

So I have to ask how do we have this from Apollo 8, if there was only one official pic released from NASA?

This view of the rising Earth greeted the Apollo 8 astronauts as they came from behind the moon after the lunar orbit insertion burn. The photo is displayed here in its original orientation, though it is more commonly viewed with the lunar surface at the bottom of the photo. Earth is about five degrees left of the horizon in the photo. The unnamed surface features on the left are near the eastern limb of the moon as viewed from Earth. The lunar horizon is approximately 780 kilometers from the spacecraft. The height of the photographed area at the lunar horizon is about 175 kilometers.

www.livescience.com...

Looks as though more than just one official picture from space of Earth is out there.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thing is you got the title right.
It sure is.
Anyhow I'm out If the op would have just told me that it was another carbon copy of the other thread I wouldn't have bothered.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You've completely discounted all our members who CANNOT watch the video...therefore, without even a basic explanation...you've not allowed them to participate.

For that I am sorry, but as the saying go a picture is worth a 1000 words.

With just a year of so investigative evidence hunting...against leaving out all those members who CANNOT watch these...and your refusal to at least EXPLAIN them to those members...I'M OUT.

I believe there is alot more members that actually can watch videos, for those that can not, not much i can do, somethings can't be explained in a few setences.

As i am sure you are aware, it is very hard to reach 100% of people with content, but i believe my OP and information can at least be reached by 70%.

I will add if the subject is of interest then there is a ton of information already out there as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Thanks for using that picture :-)

First it is not a full picture off the earth, as we can see and has no detail

Second, and just for fun, how much bigger is the earth than the moon? and once you got the answer to that question, then ask yourself this, how big should the earth be in a picture when standing on the moon ;-)

EDIT

How about trying to find a picture which is less than 40 years old at least??

An apollo 8 half earth picture from the moon, surely, after over 60 years in space we have more ?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Here is another short video from a user that I think does a very good job explaining this using 3D modelling.

I guess the person who made the video hasn't flown in a plane...

Here explain how we see the curvature of the Earth in this video...not from space?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Space.com has video and pics from the ISS, but I personally don't think you will be satisfied with such. Personal observation is the best way to go. Do the actual legwork to prove to yourself, whether the earth is round or flat. Go to the ocean, and check out the horizon. Borrow a telescope, and look out into space at the moon and planets. Watch the sky for yourself, and track the planets and stars. For the earth to be flat, one would also need to believe in geocentric theory. Otherwise, why would all the planets and moons in our solar system be round, but not earth?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
Very easy to explain, the same way they did it with the dogcam, fisheye camera, surely you see that right?

Also U2 Spy plane, hmmm, like they are not bias, just like NASA is not part of the military complex.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Post some pictures then please that are not composite and are of a full view of the earth from space, and I will never mention this subject again. OK

ISS btw, is a whole new story and if you took the time to watch the videos then you might have an idea why i would say that.

And anyone with some common sence that watches the ISS footage will know this, but that is for another thread and i believe has been discussed here already.

EDIT

How do you know all the planets is what we are told is our solar system are round? how can you believe any off it? because your told? because you have seen it through a telescope?

All that them things do is inforce the lie that has been told to us all.

link   

i think his 3d modelling is crap.

Why? Because it doesn't take any kind of scale into account whatsoever.

As for the first video, the distances covered are small, compared to the overall circumference of the planet, which means that the arc measurement invovled is so small that the difference in level is imperceptable to the human eye. They would be measurable only using extremelly high spec precision optics and/or laser beams, but your vision cannot measure such imperceptable differences over such a distance.

link   

Lol nothing will change your mind will it?.

This family in on it also? I bet the child is a clone baby....or a space baby.

Oh and from the video.
"satellites are a work of fiction...." pfft I have seen them and been able to track them in real time so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join