It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74
Not true my OP said alot more than that, and it is not my job to push a topic or subject down your throat, you clicked this thread, i did not make you.

if you don't want to watch the videos and discuss the content, then I can do no more.

On that i see no futher need in continuing this off topic conversation.

thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I can't watch the video yet so can anyone give me a clue seeing that the op will not?.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

the videos, bring in to question, many things regarding what we are told about were we live and actually what might be true.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

From what I have managed to watch it's well made, mostly made up of bits of other vids imcluding a funny thing went to the moon and lots of other stuff that you would need to look into to like dead columbia shuttle victims still alive ect.

In my opinion it's a good vid but nothing that would make me belive in a flat earth which is a shame as I would prefer that to a round one.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Like what maybe an example?.
Also what is the biggest lie? .
Remember many can not access video so it is up to you to give a better description of the video.
Because at the moment I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

So it is about a flat earth?.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

OK.

Lets discuss the earth is flat nonsense shall we?

The fact that we have seasons, and the sun alters its position in the sky, as do the moon and stars, and that we have day and night, phases of the moon and that the earth casts a shadow on the moon during lunar eclipses all point to the fact that the earth most clearly is not flat.

Tell me how, if the earth is flat, those things happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In my opinion it's a good vid but nothing that would make me belive in a flat earth which is a shame as I would prefer that to a round one.

Well then I wasn't wrong when I said the video was full of it now was I?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

How is my preference of a flat earth over a round one and my own reluctance to believe on the vido's evidence alone proof that you were correct?

I have not discounted the possibility of a flat eart I just havee'nt been convinced by this particualr video.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Are we allowed to use the recent statements by scientists that we could be living in a computer simulated universe?

That could give more options to suggest the earth is flat as opposed to round?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

i will say it again, even though I don't think it will do me any good, the videos, are NOT about the earth being flat.

i can't make it any clearer than that, if you watch the videos in there entirity then you would not make such statements I am guessing.

Now regarding your seasons and how the sun alters it postion, I am guessing you are refering to what we are taught.

There are other models out there which give us a different explenation to what we are seeing.

Actually i believe in part 1 of the videos i posted, the Sun and the moon is talked about and another theory is presented.

Now there is no point in my discussing it with you unless you have watched the videos, right?

edit on 4/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

How is my preference of a flat earth over a round one and my own reluctance to believe on the vido's evidence alone proof that you were correct?

This says it all...

If there is nothing that would make you believe in a flat earth means the video is full of bull...or you would have said it makes you think it could be true.

You just don't want to admit the videos are BS...that's your right, but what in the videos make you think they are anything other than BS?
edit on 4-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Unless someone pops over with a spaceship and picks me up, takes me for a spin and shows me evidence that I can personally observe then I remain open to either possibility.

The argument on either side is based on information that I cannot verify due to my lack of knowledge and therefore comes down to which bunch of people I choose to believe in.

Right now the round guys have the upper hand.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

It is used to bully, intimidate and stop conversations
before they start.

No it is about getting back to basics.

This site was setup on the foundation of Denying Ignorance and as of late that has been something that has been swept under the rug.

Many new members don't seem to understand the concept of what it means, but hey let's toss that out the window and allow ignorance to reign...And then we can call it GLP 2.0.

Denying Ignorance is what makes ATS a site above all others.

Denying someone their right to put forward a speculative theory
in a speculative forum is the single most ignorant thing of all.

Now as it so happens I don't find any arguments made about
'the biggest lie' compelling..

On the other hand, there is a respected theory in physics,
associated with the holographic theory.. that in fact our
space-time exists as a 2D brane, and that what we perceive
as 3D is in fact a holographic projection.

In that narrow sense, our entire reality is 'flat'.. not just
the Earth.

But of course a completely valid point like that would
never be made, if the OP is simply shouted down
for speculating in a speculative forum!

Even completely wacky material can lead to education
and creative thought.

Kev

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Unless someone pops over with a spaceship and picks me up, takes me for a spin and shows me evidence that I can personally observe then I remain open to either possibility.

So you disregard what science has proven to us for centuries?

And what about the men and women who have been up and actually orbited the Earth, are they all lying to us about the Earth being round? Well not exactly round, but definitely not flat.

The argument on either side is based on information that I cannot verify due to my lack of knowledge and therefore comes down to which bunch of people I choose to believe in.

You can verify it...look at any pic of the Earth and tell me what you see, do you see all the continents in the same pic or do you just see some of them?

That is the essential question that those who believe in the flat Earth aren't able to answer. Care to have a go at it?

Right now the round guys have the upper hand.

No it's the only hand.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
OP. I think the amount of lies told to the average person in this world by those who administrate it, is staggering. Our lives are mostly built on lies, imo. But the earth being spherical, isn't one of them in my opinion. The anecdotal evidence, such as being able to see a boat with a flag on it for 6 miles, doesn't explain this for instance...

...which I have observed myself in the past.

The second video, well, I'll have to watch more of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I do not disregard everything science has shown us for centuries.

As I said I do not have the understanding to either confirm or deny scientific fact, also science has proven to be incorrect and is evolving constantly.

As to the pictures and the testimony of those who claim to have been into space then I can choose to believe these things without question or to take them as things that I cannot verify to be true.

Sometimes people tell lies, sometimes they make things up.

I reserve my right to remain open minded until shown irrefutable evidence.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Denying someone their right to put forward a speculative theory
in a speculative forum is the single most ignorant thing of all.

Just because it's in skunkworks doesn't mean we stop Denying Ignorance.

Yes there it is again.

On the other hand, there is a respected theory in physics,
associated with the holographic theory.. that in fact our
space-time exists as a 2D brane, and that what we perceive
as 3D is in fact a holographic projection.

Ah yes pseudoscience is fun...but far from being accurate.

And who's theory is this respected by?

In that narrow sense, our entire reality is 'flat'.. not just
the Earth.

Only to those who can't seem to grasp reality.

Even completely wacky material can lead to education
and creative thought.

Still doesn't mean it's true.

And obviously in this case it is more creative thinking than it is education.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

See...I watched the videos

So, when - at 28.55 in the second video, the guy talks about the flat earth, and how the UN logo mimicks the idea, and then goes on to state at 30.16 that the UN prevents people from going to Antarctica (they don't) to stop them from figuring out the earth is flat (because, according to what he's saying, Antarctica doesn't exist) - or when he goes on to discuss aircraft routing etc - he's not discussing the earth being flat?

See... the point is this - whether the video is about a flat earth theory, the existence of space (which he says he doesn't believe in), or about perceptions of the world we live in because of what we are taught the ludicrousness of the argument put forward makes it irrelevant.

You don't have to be taught to see the sun rise and set, observe the moon and stars at different times of the year and watch a boat disappear over the horizon from the bottom first to understand that the earth is curved. Its not rocket science to figure out that planes fly on certain routes where possible so they can be overland or near to land case of emergencies. You don't have to be taught that the higher you go, the more you can see, because you are raising yourself above the level of the surrounding area, and that if the earth was flat that on a clear day with a powerful telescope set line level on the top of Snowdon I'd be able to see New York City as its the highest point on the west coast of the UK before the Atlantic.

The fact that the narrator focuses on subjects that can easily be disproved by simple observation means that the only lesson the film teaches is that they have wasted 90 minutes of their lives watching it, because everything he has said is bunk.
edit on 4/7/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Seen that video you have posted, and if you look at the orginal, you will see that it is edited. Also it is used all the time to prove the earth is curved.
What I have asked myself and maybe others should as well, were are the other 1000's of videos proving the same thing?

Like pictures of the earth from space, which is also addressed in part 1 of the videos i posted, why is there only one official picture of the earth whic is not a composite of the earth.
We should have 1000's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join