It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Simple question.

Given that our observations of other worlds all clearly show them as spheres...why would the Earth be any different?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore
Simple answer.

What we observe is 2 dimensional. So the so called other worlds could just as easy be 2-D.... What if earth is unique? are we all the same? is not every life force on this planet different?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Rubbish.

What we observe is 3 dimensional.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

We are 3D creatures, living in a 3D world but our eyes can show us only two dimensions. The depth that we all think we can see is merely a trick that our brains have learned; a byproduct of evolution putting our eyes on the front of our faces. To prove this, close one eye and try to play tennis.

The miracle of our depth perception comes from our brain's ability to put together two 2D images in such a way as to extrapolate depth. This is called stereoscopic vision.

Source

I was trying to give you a simple answer but you just want to play games.

Pretty sure you knew what i meant but, if you didn't, hopefully the above information and link explains better what i was trying to say.

Also you observe the stars and planets though a telescope right? 1 lens, like one eye!

I get it, falls outside that pretty comfort zone many live in, and maybe your are not ready to discuss it or look at it?, fear is a powerful thing, but there are others which are.

Have a good day.

edit on 15/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

You know, you keep trying to make out that you are some kind of pseudo intellectual guru, but actually it just comes across as pompous.

So let me lay my cards on the table so maybe you will stop trying to preach at me.

You may or may not know that I am the host for the ATS Live radio show, and have an extensive background in paranormal and unusal subjects for over 30 years and have experienced a considerable number of unusal events in my lifetime - which is why I'm here on ATS. I don't live in a "comfort zone", and I don't do stupid, because I've seen so many charlatans and purveyors of BS in that time that, frankly, its got old.

So on that basis, lets drop the idiocracy shall we, and the tireless attempts to try and convince people that something they experience every single day is not real?

There is no question that we live in 3 dimensions. You can see, hear and feel it. If we lied in two dimensions we would have no concept of up and down, only forwards, backwards, left and right. You would not be able to throw a ball in the air (you would have no notion of what a ball is), birds would not be able to fly over things. Maybe you should read Flatland and pick up the rudimentary ideas of the various dimensions.

Of the many things that can be said about our universe, it is not 2D. Its ridiculous to suggest so.

And while we're here, lets talk about fear shall we? Lets discuss the irrational need to try and find other pseudo scientic explanations for things born out of sheer ignorance or outright bloody minded denial of what is actually observed and scientif ically accepted because the real world is too big and too complicated and too scary to comprehend. That or fear of irrelevance or anonimity that drives an ego to ridiculous lengths to try and propagate theories that have no basis in fact.

There is no shame, none at all, in admitting that you are wrong about something. Backing this flat earth nonsense against the grain of what people observe, continue to observe and can be proven to be true is futile. Dressing the propagation of BS up as being "open minded" is just as futile, and shows either an attempt to deliberately deceive or world class naievety. A person cannot be "open minded" about a theory that has no grounding in actual fact, or basis in actual fact, or even grounds for hypothesis. All they can be is bloody minded and stubborn.

Open mindedness is for theoretics. Its for pondering what might be. Its not for propagating proven BS.

I'm having a great day, living in a 3D world by the way.

edit on 15/7/15 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Of the many things that can be said about our universe, it is not 2D. Its ridiculous to suggest so.

Once again there you go misquoting me, and that is just one of many you have thrown out in this thread towards me.

I never suggested that it was I said how we see things is 2D, which I linked with a source, which also was an answer to your question, but you seem to want to ignore that I once again push your opinion and believes on others.

There is no talking to you or even discussing this topic, and you show that by your attacks, insults, and biased opinion.
You don't even bother discussing anything in this thread.
You don't know me and I don't claim to know you, and to be honest with the attitude you have shown in this thread i would not want to know you.

So with that good luck with what ever you find important in live, I see no point in even trying to discuss any part of this topic with you anymore.

posted on Oct, 18 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: ngchunter

originally posted by: theMediator
Maybe someone could help with my calculations here...

I might be wrong, but I counted in a sphere earth, everytime someone would go from north to south 111km, he would also to downwards about 32~ km...

Yes, your math is terribly wrong. The correct formula is sqrt(radius^2 + distance^2)-radius. The drop for 111 km would be 967 meters. At 30,000 feet altitude the horizon distance is about 341 km. At that distance the horizon has dropped about 9.12 km. Sound like a lot? At 341 km distance 9.12 km corresponds to an angular size of only 1.53 degrees, or about 3 times the apparent width of the sun or moon. It's not that much in reality.

Tell you what, if I use a theodolite app on my phone from cruising altitude next time I take a commercial flight later this year and I show that the true horizon is higher than the apparent horizon, will you shut up?

Here you go, the apparent horizon was more than 1.9 degrees below horizontal from a cruising altitude of about 38,000 feet.
h.dropcanvas.com...
Mods may have deleted the challenge I laid down, but I have now met my end of that challenge.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There Earth is not flat

focus on Love

thats all that matters
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join