It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

the only people that come here don't even grasp a little the ideas of the flat earth model

There is no flat Earth model.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

the only people that come here don't even grasp a little the ideas of the flat earth model

There is no flat Earth model.

"The flat Earth model is an archaic conception of the Earth's shape as a plane or disk"

en.wikipedia.org...

See, there is actually a flat earth model on wiki...that really took a lot of research to see that it's really a model.
Who would of thought!

Sorry that your opinion about it doesn't make it disappear.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
"Archaic conception''. As I said, there is no FE model.

If you believe there is one then just present it with size and distances to scale. You'll quickly see it's not a model but rather a depiction of someone's fantasy.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hello all again,

I was not going to bother returning to this thread, as I saw no point in trying to debate the topic due as per my last thread there seems to be a few members which seem hell bent on just pushing there beliefs on others no matter what information is presented.

But after playing catch up and a few U2U messages there seems to actually be some members which are able and willing to discuss a topic that fall outside there comfort zone without getting angry and genuinely are interested at discussing a conspiracy be it true or false, so to them members lets debate and look at ALL the information that was presented in the 2 videos i posted in OP.

What I have seen in this thread and also my last thread, members seem to get stuck on a few points raised in the videos and then form a conclusion based upon a couple of facts/theories.

What i have been doing and are still doing, is looking at ALL of the facts that have been presented to support the globe model, and there is a lot, because that is the model that has been put forward to us all and taught to us over the last 500 years.

I would like to add the following video into the conversation, which also addresses some points brought up in the 2 videos in the OP in more depth, but what also addresses and questions some other things we are told as fact were we live.

What I like about this video, and what the video addresses, is coincidences regarding what we are told regarding our planet and were we live, many of witch are just blown off by the main stream as small nothing to worry or think about.

Peace

edit on 11/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Moon cycles are brought up many times when one starts discussing contradictions regarding the globe model.
In the following video that i will present, what you are going to be looking at is a private rocket launch that took place in USA, were the user observed the moon from the on board camera.
Now that alone would not normally be anything out of the ordinary, but now were the plot thickens and what the user points out and has investigated and also provided links in the video description, is that on a globe model, the moon should not have been viable in the video as it should have been on the other side of the planet on a globe model.

Now I have looked at ALL the evidence in the video descriptions the user provided, and I am having trouble debunking what he has found not to be true!
Now not saying it is true, and also i am not saying this ! video at all proves the earth is flat, but what it does bring into question, is why are we able to see the moon on one side of the planet, when clearly looking at the data that is provided and can be researched by ones self, the moon, should be on the other side of the planet.

Yet another contradiction IMO, regarding the globe model.

Pease

EDIT

Also to add another comment regarding this video.
The rocket was launched to an altitude of aprox 120km and yet the rocket came back to earth and was recovered 3km, yes 3km away from the launch site!
And all this happened on what we are told is a globe that is spinning at 1600km at the equator, and we are told as well that our atmosphere is dragged around at a constant speed with the earth no matter the height or distance from the ground.

Hmm really?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

Point 1. The moon has not always been at the same distance from earth since its formation In past times it has been closer (at its closest some 14,000km and in future it will be further away. The moon is receding from the earth at a rate of approximately 4 cm per year.

Point 2. Gravity is nothing to do with spin at all. Its to do with the mass of bodies relative to each other. Gravity does not counteract spin. Humans, and our constructions, are so small in mass that we remain firmly routed close to, and in relation to, the ground The person making the video does not understand gravity, and is confusing it with centrifugal force.

Point 3. Again, the person making the video does not understand gravity. The earths gravity is holding the moon in orbit, preventing it from instantly breaking away and flying off into space. The moons gravity affects the tides, as a smaller body orbiting the earth

Point 4. The moon is not in geosynchronous orbit. A geosychronous orbit is one that stays in a fixed postion above a point on the globe and no movement across the sky would be observed. The moon rotates around the planet, as is evident by moon rise and set, and lunar cycles. The moons rotates around its own axis once every orbit around the earth, giving the appearance of presenting the same face to the planet.

Point 5. The North Star is not directly aligned with our north pole. It appears stationary in the sky because of its distance from the planet and alignment to the solar axis.
en.wikipedia.org...

Point 6. Flights do go round or near to the south pole, but as I stated above, aviation practices dicatte that it is not a common procedure.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Point 7. Most maps are produced to Mercator projection, which is a geopolitical articfical projection dervied from the perspective of mainly European states exploring the world. It is entirely artificial and science accepts that fact - indeed there is a growing movement to remove mercator projection from teaching and replace it with a better representation.

Point 8. There are numerous photos of the earth from the moon, and from spacecraft orbiting it, as well as countless from the space shuttle and the ISS.

Point 9. The Big Bang theory does not prevent the formation of alternate universes. There are numerous theories about the multiverse and whether or not we are simply one reality inside of many.

Point 10. 250 years ago, man mainly travelled by horse or walked. Now we use road, rail, sea and air. Humanity went from no powered flight to the jet engine in just under 34 years, and that was only limited to engineering processes as the theories had been around much longer. Using that premise alone, future travel methods and capabilites we are likely to adopt with further scientific discovery mean that interstellar travel is more than feasible as our understanding of the universe continues.

OK. I'm 17 minutes in and its all junk. I'm not wasting my time with more of it.

Complete nonsense.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Point 1. The moon has not always been at the same distance from earth since its formation In past times it has been closer (at its closest some 14,000km and in future it will be further away. The moon is receding from the earth at a rate of approximately 4 cm per year.

And we know this because it was observed at 14,000km away from the earth, so by that it is fact, WRONG, it is a theory and nothing else.
What we observe and are told now is:

The Size of the Sun and the Moon In absolute terms, the Sun and the Moon couldn’t be more different in size. The Sun measures 1.4 million km across, while the Moon is a mere 3,474 km across. In other words, the Sun is roughly 400 times larger than the Moon. But the Sun also happens to be 400 times further away than the Moon, and this has created an amazing coincidence.

Source
4cm over how many observed years is how far? hmm OK

Point 2. Gravity is nothing to do with spin at all. Its to do with the mass of bodies relative to each other. Gravity does not counteract spin. Humans, and our constructions, are so small in mass that we remain firmly routed close to, and in relation to, the ground The person making the video does not understand gravity, and is confusing it with centrifugal force.

Gravity is a theory designed to support the globe model, and if you actually took the time to seriously to look into it you would also start seeing very big holes in this theory as well.

Point 3. Again, the person making the video does not understand gravity. The earths gravity is holding the moon in orbit, preventing it from instantly breaking away and flying off into space. The moons gravity affects the tides, as a smaller body orbiting the earth

See above reply

Point 5. The North Star is not directly aligned with our north pole. It appears stationary in the sky because of its distance from the planet and alignment to the solar axis. en.wikipedia.org...

OK, and this also explains, why the north star is able to stay were it is, even though we are told our planet wobbles on it's access over a period of 26,000 years?
Hmm, OK lets just go with it is so far away so we don't see a change ;-)

Point 6. Flights do go round or near to the south pole, but as I stated above, aviation practices dicatte that it is not a common procedure.

Proof?
Because there is more proof on line that that statement is not true.
There is proof though that if you follow the so called flights on any number of flight tracking sites, what you do see that in the southern hemisphere, that flights disappear shortly after leaving land mass only to re appear once again when nearly at there destination.

Point 7. Most maps are produced to Mercator projection, which is a geopolitical articfical projection dervied from the perspective of mainly European states exploring the world. It is entirely artificial and science accepts that fact - indeed there is a growing movement to remove mercator projection from teaching and replace it with a better representation.

Now that reply seriously show a your lack of research and blatant attempt to mislead people.
Not to push my last thread, but go and read a post I did regarding maps HERE
That post actually contained some research and not an opinion.
Also why you are at it, why don't you actual show me a official NASA photo of the earth which actually shows the continents of the earth represented as they should be, which would reflect the Gall–Peters projection map, not the Mercator projection map

Point 8. There are numerous photos of the earth from the moon, and from spacecraft orbiting it, as well as countless from the space shuttle and the ISS.

Yeah yeah, then show them, and i don't mean the composites.
Also look at the official claimed photos from the Apollo missions, showing earth, then tell me that you don#t see a problem with the size of the earth from the claimed moon.
Also why with all the footage, from the space missions, ISS space walks, have we never once seen them do a 360 pan of the camera, nit even by mistake?

Point 9. The Big Bang theory does not prevent the formation of alternate universes. There are numerous theories about the multiverse and whether or not we are simply one reality inside of many.

It is still a theory, but yet taught as fact.

Point 10. 250 years ago, man mainly travelled by horse or walked. Now we use road, rail, sea and air. Humanity went from no powered flight to the jet engine in just under 34 years, and that was only limited to engineering processes as the theories had been around much longer. Using that premise alone, future travel methods and capabilites we are likely to adopt with further scientific discovery mean that interstellar travel is more than feasible as our understanding of the universe continues.

Yet, the globe model was introduced 500 years ago.
Also the so called travel methods and what is being presented to us as fact regarding we we are, is showing massive contradictions, IE the point of this thread and the 2 videos in the OP.

OK. I'm 17 minutes in and its all junk. I'm not wasting my time with more of it. Complete nonsense.

Your opinion nothing more, and your time is to do with what you want and I am not interested.

Have a good day.
edit on 11/7/2015 by TheDon because: to edit my reply to point 6

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

And we know this because it was observed at 14,000km away from the earth, so by that it is fact, WRONG, it is a theory and nothing else.

Wrong it isn't a theory it's science.

Also you do know we actually went there and back, so obviously they knew the distance as to they were going to be flying.

We also have this way...

Since 1969 several Earth-bound stations have accomplished measurements of the Earth-Moon distance by laser ranging.

www.fesg.bv.tum.de...

Also why you are at it, why don't you actual show me a official NASA photo of the earth which actually shows the continents of the earth represented as they should be, which would reflect the Gall–Peters projection map, not the Mercator projection map

Here is a better one...how about you provide an actual Flat Earth satellite picture that shows all the continents of Earth on it at the same time...guarantee you can't?

That is highly debatable.

Yeah yeah, then show them, and i don't mean the composites.

Pretty sure you have been shown...you just move the goalposts afterwards.

Also why with all the footage, from the space missions, ISS space walks, have we never once seen them do a 360 pan of the camera, nit even by mistake?

Because they are up there observing what the astronauts are doing or looking towards Earth, as we can see what's up in space from the ground.

And why have none of those pics shown a flat Earth?

Also the so called travel methods and what is being presented to us as fact regarding we we are, is showing massive contradictions, IE the point of this thread and the 2 videos in the OP.

It's only a contradiction in those videos because the uploader is as bright as a blown bulb.

He has proven only one thing...youtube will allow anything to be uploaded as fact no matter how absurd it is.

Your opinion nothing more, and your time is to do with what you want and I am not interested.

Seems to be a trend lately...If you don't agree with what I post, I am not interested in what you say.

Amazing.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

What I like about this video, and what the video addresses, is coincidences regarding what we are told regarding our planet and were we live, many of witch are just blown off by the main stream as small nothing to worry or think about

What I don't like about this video is that he's full of #! I don't think he's stupid. He actually appears to be as smart as a whole box rocks, but
@13:55 he flaunts his ignorance. Polaris has not been the pole star ''Through out history''.

For example earthsky.org...

Let's resolve this issue before moving on to the [next] pile of bunk.
edit on 11-7-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-7-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: edited for 'positivity'

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation
OK I will try once again to do this song and dance with you.

What I don't like about this video is that he's full of #! He belongs in the shed of useless tools.

Your opinion

@13:55 he flaunts his ignorance. Polaris has not been the pole star ''Through out history''.

Agreed if one is to look back about 5000 years of our history, but for the last 5000 it is correct.

Let's resolve this issue before moving on to the [next] pile of bunk.

I have no problem discussing this topic, but what i do have a problem with is discussing information presented with people that show a blatant disrespect for others and what they might believe or investigate, with the later being the focus of this thread.

So you decide.

Back on topic, now from what you have pointed out, does that fact alone prove that we live on a globe in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Apart from the video were you have commented on just one point out many.

I would like to know, how you would debunk my other post HERE as well.

No rush, quite happy to wait and go through all the points in the OP plus the other video as well, as long as we both are presenting facts and sources and not just opinions :-)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
In due time. First address my post. Do you wish to concede or defend the point?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Agreed if one is to look back about 5000 years of our history, but for the last 5000 it is correct.

i thought i answered that question?

Back on topic, now from what you have pointed out, does that fact alone prove that we live on a globe in your opinion?

? end of discussion for you ?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Be clear. Do you concede the point that the uploader is incorrect about Polaris being the pole star throughout history and subsequently his statements derived from that falsehood?

edit on 11-7-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: uploader not uploaded

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Move on or leave it you decide, I have answered your question.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
HAHA... It would be kind of cool if the earth was flat because NASA could just fly their ships of the ends of the earth instead of launching huge rockets straight up.

Actually anyone with a plane could. Wouldn't that be interesting?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I realize English is not a strength of yours but what you feel is an answer is a jumbled mess. No offense, just trying to be clear.

I'm going to look at your previous question now.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi
Just because it might not be a globe as we are told, does not mean it is flat IMO and not what I want or wanted this thread to be about.

What if it is a globe, but 100% larger than we are told, and land masses are hidden for example.
What if it is a dome and one of many spread over a vast distance?

And they are just a few examples.
As I have mentioned in the OP and many times now but i will do it again, the problem I have is the information that is provided to us as fact to instill the present represented globe model.

Just because it might not be a globe does not mean it is flat IMO, to think so would just be as closed minded as those that believe everything that was taught to them regarding the exciting globe model without question.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join