It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator

originally posted by: ngchunter
Whatever. You win.

Finally, some sort of middle ground.

Argumentum ad temperantiam
The earth is not flat, end of story.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Why GPS works, and why RADAR works, and the results from building and using them are just a few of the modern realities that prove that at least the Solar System is the way we perceive it. Add to that the meteorites that represent the crusts, mantles and cores of other planets... and I think 3D is still here to stay.

Well GPS's and radars wouldn't need a solar system to work, you just need points that triangulate.

Meteorites exists but they do not prove other planets have crust mantles and cores and I don't know why a flat earth would remove the possibility of 3D.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The mathematics that allow us to correlate seismic waves rely on understanding the speed of sound in different layers of the Earth, and in doing so, can correctly pinpoint where, and at what depth, an earthquake has occurred anywhere on the surface of the Earth. It only works in 3D.

I don't think flat earth theories exclude that the earth and existence isn't 3 dimensional. It still seems to be some sort of triangulation calculated variables.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

There is no change, that's the whole point. THERE IS NO CHANGE TO SEE!

How could there be no change in the size of the sun if it's farther away from the earth?

It would just be totally impossible...sure maybe with only our eyes we can't see the difference but to say there is ZERO size difference, now that's even more absurd than flat earth thories.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Whatever. You win.

Finally, some sort of middle ground.

Argumentum ad temperantiam
The earth is not flat, end of story.

Appeal to probability?
Unwarranted assumption fallacy?

You're really not making it out there!

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Here is a video from the OP. There was another thread he presented it in, but I can't find it now.

Maybe his video can answer some questions for people here.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: grimpachi

If that persons parents are indeed scientists as is claimed then they must be thoroughly ashamed of the ignorance displayed in that video, because the person who made it is as dumb as a box of rocks.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Maybe someone could help with my calculations here...

I might be wrong, but I counted in a sphere earth, everytime someone would go from north to south 111km, he would also to downwards about 32~ km...

Yes, your math is terribly wrong. The correct formula is sqrt(radius^2 + distance^2)-radius. The drop for 111 km would be 967 meters. At 30,000 feet altitude the horizon distance is about 341 km. At that distance the horizon has dropped about 9.12 km. Sound like a lot? At 341 km distance 9.12 km corresponds to an angular size of only 1.53 degrees, or about 3 times the apparent width of the sun or moon. It's not that much in reality.

I just noticed your post!

From what I've seen, in theory the earth's slope is 8 inch per mile when traveling from north to south.

8 inch per miles = 4.970969536 Inch = 12.6262626 centimetres
1 km traveled from north to south = 12.62~ centimetres

111km = 138.888 centimetre slope = 1,38 metres = 0.00138%

So the drop of 967 meters in 111km doesn't make sense, that's if the 8 inches per mile is scientifically right which it seems to be from the calculation I've seen to arrive at that answer.

Both our math skills are terribly wrong or we are not calculating the same thing or the 8 inches per mile slope is wrong.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I watched sometimes just listened to most of the video and it provided me with quite a few answers.

I am not saying the arguments for flat earth were compelling in any way. I am just saying it explains a lot.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've seen better flat earth theory videos, I wouldn't use that one to give credit to the idea.

The 2 anomalies that strike me the most are,

What and why are they hiding most of Antarctica?
and
Why are flights almost never done in the southern hemisphere and when they do, they turn off the GPS?

Somehow, it feels like we are being lied to.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Why are flights almost never done in the southern hemisphere and when they do, they turn off the GPS?

Source for this?

What and why are they hiding most of Antarctica?
and

Who is doing that?

geology.com...

Seems we know a pretty good bit about Antarctica if we can make detailed maps of it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Maybe his video can answer some questions for people here.

It surely did for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Now for the flat Earth folks how do you explain this...

How do satellites orbit a flat Earth?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I had an Argentine coworker who would take yearly trips back home to see his family. He always flew to Buenos Aires. Better yet, I've personally have flown (as a passenger) to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. While there, I used GPS in my rental car.

They have airports there and everything in the Southern Hemisphere, with regularly scheduled flights daily.

edit on 7/10/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You are obviously ignorant of aviation practices, or of sites like Flightradar 24 which clearly exposes your claim here as not true,

www.flightradar24.com...

Aircraft fly to airports. Airports are on land. Aircraft tend fly close to land where possible in case of emergencies unless they are trans continental. Similarly, flying directly over either pole means traversing an extremely hostile environment with little chance of rescue should an incident occur.

Somehow, it feels like we are being lied to.

You are being lied to, by charlatans that promote a flat earth theory, and by those who make claims without any knowledge whatsoever regarding what they are talking about.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Soooooooooo, where is the end of the earth, videos, photos, wall, testimonials from those who have been to the edge?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Better yet, I've personally have flown (as a passenger) to Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. While there, I used GPS in my rental car.

They have airports there and everything in the Southern Hemisphere, with regularly scheduled flights daily.

Have you seen videos about what I'm talking?

They claim that when following planes that leave and come from the southern hemisphere, that soon after takeoff and soon before landing the GPS is turned off and on.

Every idiot on earth knows GPS work in the southern hemisphere, there would be no reason for them not to work.

I think this video claims this through his limited "research".

In fact, the video in the damn OP talks about it.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Soooooooooo, where is the end of the earth, videos, photos, wall, testimonials from those who have been to the edge?

They are all locked up in some super duper above top secret room that only very few have access to, so not to alert the populace to what happened at the end of the flat Earth.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

You are obviously ignorant of aviation practices, or of sites like Flightradar 24 which clearly exposes your claim here as not true,

www.flightradar24.com...

Aircraft fly to airports. Airports are on land. Aircraft tend fly close to land where possible in case of emergencies unless they are trans continental.

You are obviously ignorant about at least watching the video in the OP because it explains the anomaly I was pointing...but sure, yeah I'll play. I'm the only one that seems to have "knowledge" (if we could call it that) about what a flat earth model would implicate. I don't really even believe in it, I'm just debating what they believe.

I'm looking at the planes, and gee, I don't see a single plane in the southern hemisphere that isn't over land or very close to it. In fact, every flight seems to be going EXACTLY like they should if the flat earth model is real...of course you would have to look at videos about something you don't believe in without looking at any of the arguments before posting that everyone else that didn't see the video would obviously agree with you because it's common knowledge in the sphere model, which is not what this thread is about.

Similarly, flying directly over either pole means traversing an extremely hostile environment with little chance of rescue should an incident occur.

Are you sure about that? Do you think someone is stupid enough not to realize this in the first place?

You are being lied to, by charlatans that promote a flat earth theory, and by those who make claims without any knowledge whatsoever regarding what they are talking about.

You're not even looking at the video in the OP, so how could you know what you're talking about when thinking about a flat earth model?
edit on 10-7-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm here, defending an idea I don't believe in, attacked from all sides from people that didn't even look into the idea in the first place...dismissing without understanding.

Even when I'm actually saying something that makes sense, or an answer that counters the argument, I get no credit because at this point, the only people that come here don't even grasp a little the ideas of the flat earth model.

A lot of the questions you are asking have already be "answered" in the OP's video. Worst of all, you already know the answer to your questions in the sphere model and won't accept a different answer outside of the model you believe in when this thread is about the flat earth theory.

The earth is probably a damn sphere, stop posting like you are defending your ego's. Learning to philosophize on a subject you don't 100% believe in won't make your brains implode.
edit on 10-7-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join