It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: TheDon

But we aren't being lied to.

What you are suggesting is, frankly, dumb.

It's embarrassing that someone could believe such nonsense.

You don't need to be told something in order to experience it or see it with your own eyes.

You are trying to make out that established, researched scientific fact is wrong, and in doing so are contributing to making the world dumber.

this is what depresses me about ats I see this type of attitude more and more and no less coming from a mod.
so according to your personal thoughts on this subject it shouldn't be discussed? as he has stated many time he's not convinced 100% nor am I but it is fun to kick around ideas and talk about the evidence and try to disprove it.
It shouldn't be "embarrassing" to discuss a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy site... unless this has become a news site?
science has been known to be wrong many times in the past and if you or anyone else thinks they know all I find that highly arrogant. imo if we take science as the end all be all of facts that will make us "dumb"

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TWILITE22

If you were standing on a car and it was driving, and you jumped, would you stay in place? Or would you keep moving in the same direction and speed as the car?

Just because you're a few thousand feet in the air doesn't mean that you're no longer part of the earth and that the earth is suddenly going to start spinning under you while you stay still.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
if you fly in an airliner, you can see the curvature of the earth, it is visually, out-the-window-of-a-jet curved. I've seen it many times myself, as has countless millions of others. there is nothing in those airliner windows that would falsely show a curved earth rather than a flat earth, I am of reasonable enough intelligence to know what "flat" would be, compared to "curved"....it is therefore an undeniable fact the earth is not flat.
maybe the real conspiracy is that there is entirely too much lead and mercury in our food and water, and it is harming our critical-thinking skills.
edit on 7-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

lol what he's saying about the skyline is never believe your own lying eyes!...never

"If man is guided by evidence and reason and influenced by a love of truth and consistency he can no longer maintain that the earth is a globe." "He must feel that to do so is to war with his senses,to deny that any importance attaches to fact and experiment to ignore entirely the value of logical process,and to cease to rely upon practical induction."
Dr. Samuel Rowbotham..."Zetetic Astronomy, Earth Not a Globe"

pretty good information..I haven't finished reading the book though

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I can't understand how, or why, some people continue to insist the earth is flat.
How can it be flat and hollow at the same time.
after all everyone knows it can't be both.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
if you fly in an airliner, you can see the curvature of the earth, it is visually, out-the-window-of-a-jet curved. I've seen it many times myself, as has countless millions of others. there is nothing in those airliner windows that would falsely show a curved earth rather than a flat earth, I am of reasonable enough intelligence to know what "flat" would be, compared to "curved"....it is therefore an undeniable fact the earth is not flat.
maybe the real conspiracy is that there is entirely too much lead and mercury in our food and water, and it is harming our critical-thinking skills.

no unless you question everything your harming your own critical thinking skills and intelligence has nothing to do with questioning an industry that has been known time and time again to lie to us.
all the naysayers are accusing us of blindly believing you tube videos but isn't that what you all are doing blindly believing nasa and the government whom has been lying for many many years? I don't understand that logic...all we are doing is trying to discuss the possibility of the flat earth theory,no one on here has made the statement as a fact.
So what's the problem?

Aircraft windows are multiple layers thick. The side facing the passengers is just a plastic sheet, since they wouldn't want the passengers scratching up the actual expensive glass window. Beyond the inner pane there are two actual structural window panes. The outer one is normally the one bearing the load, while the inner one serves as a backup.

airplane windows
and lastly aren't airline windows are tripled and made of plexiglass not exactly the best of viewing but aside from all of that I've flown all my life and never did I see the curvature of the earth from an airplane window. I don't know how to embed pictures but click the link and it will show a picture of looking out the window.
edit on 7-7-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

There's a lot more evidence, even without "blindly following NASA", for the earth being a globe than there is for it being flat.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

OK so her hair in the following video is normal and how it should react in Zero G ;-)
Oh and also she just floats up, hmm

Yes.

And you don't know much about how gravity works do you?

Gravity also decreases with altitude, since you’re further away from the Earth’s center. The decrease in force from climbing to the top of a mountain is pretty minimal (0.28% less gravity at the top of Mount Everest), but if you’re up at the altitude of the International Space Station, you only experience 90% of the force of gravity you’d feel on the surface.

www.universetoday.com...

When you stand on the earth, you are about 4000 miles from the earth's center. When astronauts orbit the earth, they are about 150 miles above the earth's surface. In other words, they are 4150 miles from the earth's center. That's not much of a difference. So how come you feel weight, while the astronauts float around weightless?

Even Jules Verne, in his novel From the Earth to the Moon, got that wrong. When you stand on the earth, the earth's gravity is pulling you down. But the ground doesn't let you move. You are pushing on the ground (due to gravity), and the ground is pushing on you (Newton's third law). The push of the ground causes you to feel weight.

Now consider an astronaut in space. The earth's gravity is pulling him down, just like it is pulling you down. However, he is in a spacecraft, and gravity is pulling the spacecraft down as well. Both are falling together, and nothing is pushing back. The astronaut is weightless.

www2.astro.psu.edu...

SO now you know how gravity works...and now you know the reason the astronauts float.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

no unless you question everything your harming your own critical thinking skills and intelligence has nothing to do with questioning an industry that has been known time and time again to lie to us.

There is a difference between critical thinking and absurd thinking.

What would someone benefit from lying about the Earth being round and not flat?

and lastly aren't airline windows are tripled and made of plexiglass

How did you miss this from your own source...

Aircraft windows are multiple layers thick. The side facing the passengers is just a plastic sheet, since they wouldn't want the passengers scratching up the actual expensive glass window.

aviation.stackexchange.com...

Plexiglass isn't expensive, and isn't called just glass.

I've flown all my life and never did I see the curvature of the earth from an airplane _ I don't know how to embed pictures but click the link and it will show a picture of looking out the _

I find that really hard to believe?

SO which of those pics backs your claims about the curvature of the Earth...or lack of?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

While in the military, I took some parachute training. One of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen was at the start of my first HALO jump from 30K feet. It was at night and I could see the cresent of the setting sun out the back ramp of the plane. Just after I stepped out, I could see the stars and moon above me and this long golden cresent around the blackness of the earth below. So believe me, the earth is round.
If my heart could stand it, I would go back to see it again every night.
edit on 7-7-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TWILITE22
this is what depresses me about ats I see this type of attitude more and more and no less coming from a mod.

What has me being a mod got to do with it? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on a subject?

so according to your personal thoughts on this subject it shouldn't be discussed?

Where have I said that, exactly? please show me? I thought I was discussing it, from a different point of view.

as he has stated many time he's not convinced 100% nor am I but it is fun to kick around ideas and talk about the evidence and try to disprove it.

And this is where we differ. The dumbing down of society is not fun. Dragging people backwards into beliefs that have long been abandoned and proved to be junk does nothing but set people back, and trying to push forward viewpoints that can, and have been, proven false many many times is tedious and pointless.

It shouldn't be "embarrassing" to discuss a conspiracy theory on a conspiracy site... unless this has become a news site?

Idiocracy is embarrassing. Nothing is going to change that.

science has been known to be wrong many times in the past and if you or anyone else thinks they know all I find that highly arrogant. imo if we take science as the end all be all of facts that will make us "dumb"

I agree, science has been known to be wrong before. Yes.

Where is the science here though? There is none.

Its just someone coming up with crackpot stupidity and trying to put it across. Science has proven the earth is curved. Simple observation of the world you live in will tell you as much (many people have mentioned watching ships going over the horizon). Science isn't always taught out of text books, in fact the essence of science is personal observation. Some of the most brilliant minds that humanity has had to offer have proved that the earth is not flat, but for some reason you want us to consider the ramblings of a lunatic on Youtube as a possible alternative.

That - to me - is the essence of "dumb"

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Idiocracy is embarrassing.

Damn right it is...I had to watch it twice to actually enjoy it.

My bad you weren't talking about that Idiocracy.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Meh, you seem angry that the earth could be flat, angry that you couldn't see it, angry for maybe being lied to.

Many of the most brilliant minds in history taught the world was flat.

You seem to be acting out of emotion much more than a critical view, sorry to burst your unstable bubble. A critical mind would be interested in seeing Antarctica while a scared mind would act exactly like you.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

While in the military, I took some parachute training. One of the most beautiful sites I have ever seen was at the start of my first HALO jump from 30K feet. It was at night and I could see the cresent of the setting sun out the back ramp of the plane. Just after I stepped out, I could see the stars and moon above me and this long golden cresent around the blackness of the earth below. So believe me, the earth is round.
If my heart could stand it, I would go back to see it again every night.

I never said I believe the earth was flat all I was wanting out of this thread was to see the evidence and to discuss because there is a lot of solid evidence that doesn't fit the round Earth theory as well as evidence that doesn't fit the flat earth. ats used to be the place to do this...it's not anymore.If you think differently about anything come to ats get ridiculed,shamed,and have your very intelligence called into question.intelligent discussions not allowed...only group think.
My spouse has also attended jump school, I'll have to dig out his pictures he took(if I can find them) when he jumped the first time,lol,he took pictures for me on his way down...thanks for the idea!

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

No he is angry people push this bs as fact.
Yeah sure we can learn from things from opposing views but the oppossing view here is not worth it because it is absolute bollocks and an insult to the intelligence of the ats members.
edit on 8-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

No he is angry people push this bs as fact.
Yeah sure we can learn from things from opposing views but the oppossing view here is not worth it because it is absolute bollocks and an insult to the intelligence of the ats members.

Well then, take a plane and go from Australia to south America passing trough the Antarctic. How do YOU know it's bullocks, you have nothing for proof from your very eyes...don't get me wrong, I don't either but I'm not going to call something BS when I can't even disprove it.

No ego, no anger, question everything.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

We seem to have a few choices .Believe that "And when they were up, they were up,
And when they were down, they were down,
And when they were only half-way up,
They were neither up nor down. or we can try to use our imagination with questions in hand like these

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The only thing I'm scared of is my kids growing up in a world where idiots peddle stupidity.

You don't need to go to Antarctica to prove that the earth is not flat.

Quite why you picked that out as some defining factor I have no idea.

It's as simple as going to the coast and watching a ship sail into the distance and observing what happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

They fall of the edge very slowly.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You don't need to go to Antarctica to prove that the earth is not flat.

Quite why you picked that out as some defining factor I have no idea.

Well I've picked up the idea that there's something to hide in Antarctica much more than the flat earth theory.

Let's say until I have the proof with my own eyes and I've been in planes, I say 60% chance the earth is a globe.
But that there's something in Antarctica that we don't know about, I'm 90% sure.

The only thing I'm scared of is my kids growing up in a world where idiots peddle stupidity.

We should never totally discard theories about existence.
Everything has it's place in the human mind because that's how we grow, we look at possibilities and new ideas arrive...that's how we evolve. Yes, we can define science with scientific views, I'm all for it! But we can't burn the books that don't agree with us, so to speak.

You said the word yourself, scared. You FEAR. Fear makes us stupid and makes us take stupid choices because the only thing to fear is fear itself which is more often a point of view than a real life threatening situation.

You have no rights to deny others to make theories based on what you fear, I hope you understand it now too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join