It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Lie of All - (Videos)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS again,

Before I start with this thread i want to point out to those that that would like to take part in discussing any topics in this thread, that the thread is posted in Skunk Works.
For those new to Skunk works, here is a quote from ATS Skunk Works Forum Description

ATS Skunk Works: This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.

Also I would like to make members aware who wish to take part in this thread, of a recent thread posted by ATS staff,

*** ALL MEMBERS *** Ending Rudeness, Hate, Bigotry: Getting Back to Basics

With that said and in the hope that members respect were this thread is posted and also that the ATS staff follow through on there comment of Getting Back to Basics, let the thread begin.

The Biggest Lie of All.

On my journey over the last year or so, of investigating what I believe to be the biggest conspiracy of them all, regarding were we live and also were we come from from, I would like to present the following 2 videos by youtube member dmurphy25.

Now I have posted a thread on this topic already in skunk works which can be found HERE, but that thread and videos only touch on a small part of the whole conspiracy, were these 2 newish videos actually do allot better job on actually questioning dozens of so call facts, that we are told to be true, which when one actually looks into what we are told and what is actually real, anyone with some common sense, or is able to break out of the prison that there mind has been held captive in, will actually see that what we are told and what actually can be observed, are 2 totally different things.

Now what is different to these videos to the ones I have posted in the past, is that what is presented is a number of inconsistencies, of which anyone with some critical thinking, will see that not all of the information presented can be debunked, and I have tried and also done my own research, and I have come to the conclusion also what we are told of were we live and our place in the so called universe, is not true based upon the information that is provided to us and my own research and observations.

Off course I do not agree 100% with what is concluded in the videos, but I do believe they do a very good job in putting all the pieces together and presenting what we are told as fact and what can be observed, in a easy to digest format.

Now for those of you that believe you know that you know and were we come from and were we live and are not able to question this, then these videos are not for you, and I respect that and wish you the best.

BUT, for those of you which might of had and have a niggling question about some of the information we have been told regarding were we live, then maybe these videos might open up your mind a bit more to actually do some more research, like I have done, and like myself you actually might be able to see what we have been told is true and what MIGHT be true are to totally different things.

The idea behind this post is not to prove or disprove one theory, but more to question the theory of were we live which has been taught/told to all of use.

With that said, here is the videos, I encourage all if have an interest to watch them in there entirety.

Hopefully ATS members that are interested in this subject will be able to actually able to discuss this topic, without the hatred and ignorance that has been shown in the past regarding this topic.

Part 1

Part 2

Peace

edit on 4/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Pull my finger. Seriously though, pull it.

You peeked my curiousity enough to pull yours. Two video may be much but I'll give it the good college try.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I haven't watched them yet, but there are some here who either can't, or just won't take the time, to watch 2 videos that are almost 1 hour each. Your point may be better made, if you could give a short break down of each and what stands out as important to you.
Now, back to the videos for me.
ETA:
OK. Got 30 mins in to the first one and it's a "Flat Earth" video, with some "proof" that's been debunked over and over. Just a quick example, if the Earth were not round, why do we need satellites for communication? Line of sight should be possible from here to anywhere, with nothing to relay the signal, right? It's a good try, but honestly, every point made is pretty easily explained away. And last but not least, why don't ships and boats just drop off the edge? Or is there some mysterious force that turns them back and makes everyone believe they're going in a straight line?
Maybe it's The Great A'Tuin.

edit on 4-7-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Hi,

Thanks for your post, but to be honest, The Biggest Lie of All, can not be broken down anymore than the videos I have presented do anyway, and they are only touching on the subject.

I believe and hope that those interested in the subject will and would take the time out to actually watch the videos, and then go and do some of there own research and then come back to discuss what they have found or believe.

peace

edit on 4/7/2015 by TheDon because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It is a sad day when an OP has to quote the rules and regulations before even starting to discuss the topic in my opinion but that seems to be the olny way to prevent getting ridiculed before you even start.

That said I have just watched the first 10 minuites of the first video and can say that although I have no idea what the "biggest lie" is yet the video seems pretty well made, the narrator speaks well and is claiming to apply scientific reasoning to his subject and also has the right amount of subtle humour to make the videos seem watchable regardless of the actual content and it's plausability.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It is a sad day when an OP has to quote the rules and regulations before even starting to discuss the topic in my opinion but that seems to be the olny way to prevent getting ridiculed before you even start.

Well because the flat earth thread went so well for the OP.

That said I have just watched the first 10 minuites of the first video and can say that although I have no idea what the "biggest lie" is yet the video seems pretty well made, the narrator speaks well and is claiming to apply scientific reasoning to his subject and also has the right amount of subtle humour to make the videos seem watchable regardless of the actual content and it's plausability.

I am pretty sure the videos themselves are the biggest lie. But here you go from the video description...

Part one of an in-depth examination of some of the evidence that indicates that the Earth is not a spinning, orbiting globe.

Can you see the biggest lie yet?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDon
The Biggest Lie of All, can not be broken down anymore than the videos I have presented do anyway,

It can be broken down - the claim is we live on a flat earth!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
That is not true, you would know that if you had watched the videos.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

With that said and in the hope that members respect were this thread is posted and also that the ATS staff follow through on there comment of Getting Back to Basics, let the thread begin.

Getting back to basics may not bode well for your thread...as Denying Ignorance may be seen as not being respectful to you.

As for your videos...

The Earth rotates...which is why we have days, a sunrise, and a sunset.

And if the Earth wasn't spinning...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

As you do not intend to watch the video's and have already made up your mind is there any real reason to be contributing to this thread?

Is it not up to the individual as to how they spend there time regardless of your(acomplete strangers) opinion.

It's saturday afternoon here why should someone not watch a video regardless of it's possible content?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You seem to have no intrest in this subject nor have you seemed to have watched the videos, or even have read my OP based on your posts.

So maybe this topic is not for you.

Try show the respect I mentioned to others that might not be intrested in this topic please, and don't ruin it for others that might be interested in this thread.

thank you.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

As you do not intend to watch the video's and have already made up your mind is there any real reason to be contributing to this thread?

How do you know I haven't watched them are you here with me?

Are you saying the videos are telling the truth...The Earth isn't rotating while it orbits the sun?

Is it not up to the individual as to how they spend there time regardless of your(acomplete strangers) opinion.

In case you haven't noticed I could care less how he spends his time, but when you bring videos such as these to ATS you should be prepared for us to Deny Ignorance.

And it is just my opinion and if that bothers you or the OP...you have bigger problems than even ATS can help you with.

It's saturday afternoon here why should someone not watch a video regardless of it's possible content?

Well by all means do so, but I have decided to not waste the time watching something that has been proven wrong since the first time man looked up and saw the stars change in the sky and the sun rise and set.

Also ATS is about Denying Ignorance...not pushing it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

My assumption was based on the fact that there had not been time for you to watch both video's and form an opinion before commenting. Also you made no reference to anything in particular that you found to be false.

You even state that you will not be watching the video so I fail to see how you can form an opinion on something you know nothing about?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah I've seen a similar video from the same author before. I watched the entire video and although I agree there is plenty around to recognize not everything jives, he has of yet provided any real proof of anything nor provided a conclusion. That said, he does have two videos.

Off topic, I'm pretty sure these have been posted as have many topics of a flat earth. I'm willing to not trap my mind in any kind of box of thought, so I'll say it's certainly possible there is more going on than we are led to believe. There really is a secret knowledge imbedded in the number 6 and it has much to do with the "real" truth.

S&F for bringing this up again. It's fun to entertain these ideas!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate
What I have found is that what we we are told were we live is actually not true IMO and after much research, to claim the earth is flat is just as Ignorant as to claim it is a globe, how do I know either is true, but i do know that what we are lead to believe is true, that being the globe model, there is many holes is the theory and i say theory, because after my research I see more theory than fact, even though we are lead to believe what they tell us is fact.

The question is though, when one looks at what is presented to us as fact and one can see for themselfs that is not true, why lie? what is being hidden?

That is the question i ask myself.

peace

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheDon

You seem to have no intrest in this subject nor have you seemed to have watched the videos, or even have read my OP based on your posts.

What interest...the Earth is not flat, does rotate around the sun and even spins on it's axis, are you saying that it doesn't?

And how do you know I haven't watched the videos...Are you here with me also?

So maybe this topic is not for you.

And you should actually do some real research into the topic and stay away from youtube videos telling you that the Earth is flat and doesn't rotate. You see science has proven that wrong since around 300 BC.

Try show the respect I mentioned to others that might not be intrested in this topic please, and don't ruin it for others that might be interested in this thread.

I am being respectful as much as I can. You see you present a theory and expect only those who believe this horse manure to post in your thread, but that isn't how it works.

If you can't take some criticism about the videos you post and the theory you put forth...then maybe ATS isn't for you.

I see now why you started the thread in the skunkworks forum.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Well by all means do so, but I have decided to not waste the time watching something that has been proven wrong since the first time man looked up and saw the stars change in the sky and the sun rise and set.

Also ATS is about Denying Ignorance...not pushing it.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone used that slogan on here.....man.

The height of ignorance is arrogance in my opinion. If ignorance is a lack of understanding, and one doesn't wish to entertain an idea because they assume they know truth is truly an ignorant person. you don't have to watch nor even discuss but to actually call someone else ignorant because they're willing to entertain a different idea, well that there is an oxy moron.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

It's a shame that most threads in skunkworks end up like this these days so after this I will say no more unless it's on topic.

It is up to each and every member to decide there own opinion on any given topic, there is a growing trend these days to be the first to mock an OP and get a few stars and a little ego trip.

It's kind of sad really but everyone needs a hobby I suppose.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Vsauce do a very good video on if the world was flat and what would happen.
It's not flat but if anyone can find it and put up up here it explains the physics of what would happen if it was.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

My assumption was based on the fact that there had not been time for you to watch both video's and form an opinion before commenting. Also you made no reference to anything in particular that you found to be false.

Better yet how about you tell me in those videos that you think is the truth?

You even state that you will not be watching the video so I fail to see how you can form an opinion on something you know nothing about?

Did you watch them?

Seems you are on about me watching them...you didn't either I suspect.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join