It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who appreciate viewing, sharing & creating art

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Nikola Tesla 1856-1943

used acrylic, ballpoint pen, gel pen, pastels, mechanical pencil, hb pencils & charcoal on canson mixed media sketching paper 11x14
Time:3-4hrs

Dedicated to the memory of Nikola Tesla & also dedicated to the idea that one day we will have free energy and will not have to be slaves to outdated technologies & systems that do more harm than good for the benefit of greedy monopolies . Tesla definitely gives me inspiration...

Not sure many people know this of him but the government seized over 700 patents of his. Patents which could have transformed our planet forever( in the good kind of way) For instance...free energy would be one of the main focal points. A lot of the people who were financing him at the time like JP MORGAN which ( is not in the free energy business lol ) finally found about the purposes of his inventions and stopped financing him. Also an interesting thought...Tomas Edison used his Alternating Current to kill a variety of animals including even a horse some say in order to discredit and shame his reputation. Also the fist electric chair was used in the sentencing of someone to death with alternating current also to show Tesla's invention as cruel and inhumane to further discredit...

We know that he was undoubtedly persecuted by the energy power brokers of his day -- namely Thomas Edison, whom we are taught in school to revere as a genius. He was also attacked by J.P. Morgan and other "captains of industry." Upon Tesla's death on January 7th, 1943, the U.S. government moved into his lab and apartment confiscating all of his scientific research, some of which has been released by the FBI through the Freedom of Information Act.

Besides his persecution by corporate government interests (which is practically a certification of authenticity), there is at least one solid indication of Nikola Tesla's integrity -- he tore up a contract with Westinghouse that was worth billions in order to save the company from paying him his huge royalty payments.

But, let's take a look at what Tesla-- a man who died broke and alone -- has actually given to the world. For better or worse, with credit or without, he changed the face of the planet in ways that perhaps no man ever has.

1. Alternating Current
2. x-rays
3. Tesla Coil -Florescent bulbs/neon lights
4. Remote Control
5. Lasers
6. Wireless communication & Free Energy
7. Electric Motor ( modern electric hybrid cars come from his inventions)
8. Robotics
9. Radio

Tesla had perhaps thousands of other ideas and inventions that remain unreleased. A look at his hundreds of patents shows a glimpse of the scope he intended to offer.

The release of Nikola Tesla's technical and scientific research -- specifically his research into harnessing electricity from the ionosphere at a facility called Wardenclyffe -- is a necessary step toward true freedom of information.

Like a wave in the physical world, in the infinite ocean of the medium which pervades all, so in the world of organisms, in life, an impulse started proceeds onward, at times, may be, with the speed of light, at times, again, so slowly that for ages and ages it seems to stay, passing through processes of a complexity inconceivable to men, but in all its forms, in all its stages, its energy ever and ever integrally present. A single ray of light from a distant star falling upon the eye of a tyrant in bygone times may have altered the course of his life, may have changed the destiny of nations, may have transformed the surface of the globe, so intricate, so inconceivably complex are the processes in Nature. In no way can we get such an overwhelming idea of the grandeur of Nature than when we consider, that in accordance with the law of the conservation of energy, throughout the Infinite, the forces are in a perfect balance, and hence the energy of a single thought may determine the motion of a universe -Nikola Tesla

A single thought may determine the motion of a universe....

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Skinwalker

This is probably one of the most important concept artworks I have worked on to date as far as meaning is concerned with my personal relationship to it.

Used pastel pencils, soft pastels, mechanical pencil, carbon, acrylic paint on black board 11x14
Time:2-3hrs

Inspired by native beliefs on transmutation or metamorphosis commonly known as shapeshifting. It has many meanings though, one of them being, that natives would wear the skin of their kill as a ritual to symbolize dominance and fear for their enemies but it has more passive meanings too like honoring the spirit of the animal sacrificed to sustain the life of the hunter, becoming better hunters, ect...but it has many subtle and secrets meanings as well like it symbolizing the concealment of the true image of a being...a secret identity or true self. The mythology of Shapeshifting actually dates back very early and can be identified with various cultures throughout the world.
For instance...it can be found in the bible with the mentioning of the angels, being able to change their form. Can also be found in the Quran with the mention of a specific Jinn call shatan which is described as an actual shapeshifter literally which coincidentally resembles the lucifer or satan in the bible. I believe the two are one in the same. Also in Greek mythology, Zeus constantly changes his form into that of an eagle, ect It is also found in North mythology with Odin and druid mythology. It's in vampire folklore and in mythology of lycanthropy...probably why you see it in almost every horror movie, countless stories in books, ect.
I have actually spent a lot of time researching this over the years and have had my own synchronicities and personal experiences that have confirmed the reality of this to me in a way that is unmistakable with no room for doubt... angels, demons, jinns, aliens, vampires, lycans, spectres, gods ect.....condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance. One should not be too quick to cast these ideas off into the fringe. It is my belief that there are beings here that actually possess the ability to shapeshift their form. I just to want to add that this is just an opinion of how I view or perceive this subject and is not to be taken as your truth. Spend the time and do research into it yourself. This place is like the twilight zone...like we are all in one big cosmic marathon of it lol There are things in this place to be seen and experienced if only we are curious enough to seek it out.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Golden Ticket-

I got a golden ticket....

Inspired by the film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I absolutely love this movie and particularly this scene for many different reasons. Many might see it as a fun child-like movie but I see something else entirely. The film has a great deal of depth to it that incorporates so many different expressions, human emotions, struggles, wonder, ect...a film that most can relate to, especially the idea of overcoming financial strife and poverty...wishing for their golden ticket. Even those that think they are well off, think about this....1/10th of 1% own more wealth than the rest of the 99% of the population....of the entire planet. Now let that really sink in lol If that doesn't offer up some perspective, I don't know what will.

Used mechanical pencil, soft/dry pastels, charcoal, woodless color pencils, hb pencils and ballpoint pen on canson mixed media sketching paper 11x14

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Atlas Telamon

Got a better camera so I wanted to play around taking some new pictures of my old work

To me, Atlas symbolizes man's ability to contemplate his own existence in the universe as a conscious sentient being, to ponder the mysteries of reality in every way possible. To face the struggles, the trials and errors that are presented to us everyday and endure... but more importantly, to overcome and triumph. To be enlightened and retain that illumination. I chose an Armillary sphere instead of the earth/globe which is what he is normally-typically seen holding to be more accurate with the mythology/ literature. Also chose to create an abstract tree-like effect around the sphere and his body representing the trunk of the tree to symbolize him standing at the edge of Gaia to fit the mythology a little better.

Atlas and his brother Menoetius sided with the Titans in their war against the Olympians, the Titanomachy. When the Titans were defeated, many of them (including Menoetius) were confined to Tartarus, but Zeus condemned Atlas to stand at the western edge of Gaia (the Earth) and hold up Uranus (the Sky) on his shoulders, to prevent the two from resuming their primordial embrace. Thus, he was Atlas Telamon, "enduring Atlas," and became a doublet of Koios, the embodiment of the celestial axis around which the heavens revolve.[9]
A common misconception today is that Atlas was forced to hold the Earth on his shoulders, but Classical art shows Atlas holding the celestial spheres, not a globe; the solidity of the marble globe born by the renowned Farnese Atlas may have aided the conflation, reinforced in the 16th century by the developing usage of atlas to describe a corpus of terrestrial maps.

I used mainly acrylics/ graphite/pastels on canvas panel 11x14

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Seeing Is Believing

Used mainly pastels, charcoal on cardboard 10x12
Time45min

Quick drawing dedicated to one of the most crucially important subjects to me for many reasons, some which are obvious, some that are not. This was also influenced by an experience I had with something that I perceived to be a ufo or rather ufos which will be posted below if you are interested in reviewing. Amazingly, it's an experience that I was actually able to capture some photos of which is something hard to do, especially when you start talking about things like this... and if it was not for the fact I was able to capture these photos, I probably would have lost my mind by now lol considering the way it happened. Still left scratching my head but at least it leaves room for mystery. If you take the time to read and view, i'm sure you will either agree or think i'm a complete nut.

I'm sure there will be scoffers as there usual is, especially the religiously inclined but seriously...is it that far of a stretch to relate angelic/heavenly celestial beings or messengers of GOD, to that of an extraterrestrial being? To me, it's just different words to describe the exact same thing... There are many that can relate to this though, as this is something that is not isolated, at all....if you do the research or take the time to actually look up to the sky from time to time, you would probably have an experience as well. Time to start moving forward as a whole on this in my opinion. Would be amazing to see this realized within my lifetime.

This is being dedicated to the protest of the concealed truth of this reality being kept secret, and is also dedicated to the idea of open transparency, public acknowledgement and full disclosure of the fact that we are not alone. This also addresses important issues and realities that are of equal importance, free energy, true history, ect...all of which are being kept secret imo, without the consent and knowledge of the pubic. Anyone interested in learning more about this subject, I will leave a stepping stone for you that helped me at the bottom with the attached link to my experience.

link to ufo experience

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wow! I have no words!
Your art is so much more than just paintings or sketches... Didn't finish to read them all but every painting and the story behind it is fascinating so far.
I am mesmerized by the Skinwalker.
As an amateur painter my self I can tell you that your work is great!
S&F and a lot of success!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Thanks whitehat for the kind words and for the encouragement. Also, taking the time to appreciate, means a lot....thank you so much
Success in your endeavors as well

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing more of your works! I appreciate your insightfulness and creativity.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
These are all really great paintings!

I liked lifting the veil the most, but they all were very good!
Hope you share more!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Appreciate that a lot, thank you very much

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Yeah, Lifting the Veil was in a standalone place in terms of the balance between worked and complete, just enough but not too much, level of detail vs allowing for the viewers own eye, and harmony of composition with a reason for element placement.
a reply to: Darkblade71
Thank you for the thread, this is a good collection of your output.

M question is: do you think using so many different materials is helping or hurting your technique?

(The automatic self may instantly defend the use of varying materials, "whatever is at hand", but what if you limited the medium so as to not be "bound" by the option to pick up a new tool whenever the urge arises. May force the innovation to come out via technique, not by medium-switching.
I believe that would be a useful exercise for you, a talented artist with a work output matching the name of the trade.
Step it up, I bet you will have something amazing to show for the effort.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kkrattiger

Thanks for the constructive feedback, great work yourself. Normally I can't stand people that critique lol mostly because many who I have come into contact with, do not actually create...anything lol which is really annoying and hypocritical, can't stand that. I can respect your opinion at least and I can see where you are coming from as well. I work a lot with everything, I believe an artist or master of any craft, one has to familiarize themselves with as many different mediums as they can, it's like philosophy to me....different perspectives with experience brings wisdom and unique technique, ect...so I apply that understanding to what I do with creating art and subsequently, incorporate and feature the philosophy into the art itself.

I work a lot with just using one medium at a time also, like with just graphite/charcoal doing black and white, and also with just acrylic, ect but i'm usually really impulsive and will use anything and everything but not from a point where it looks like I have touretttes lol I take the time to analyze almost everything I do before I do it and I have only been doing this for a few years off and on. I'm still relatively young and a novice I know, but there is still plenty time for me to refine my techniques with all the mediums I choose to use and how they are used. Most importantly though, I love working with many mediums...together as one, it's actually really liberating to me and not restrictive in the slightest. Art to me, is the idea of translating creative expressive emotions, thoughts, ideologies, philosophies, struggles, joy, contemptment to others in a way that tells a story as all art should and does, in a beneficial and thought provoking way that gives inspiration to new ideas, thoughts,ect. A way we can communicate and relate to one another in a creative form.

I'm the type that would actually go out and grab bark from trees lol and grass, twigs and leaves and use it in a landscape painting haha
Just the type of spirit I choose to be
Anyway, thanks for the compliment and also for the critique/advice Best of luck to your endeavors as well
Sorry for any typos and I will also post a picture of my experience with using just one medium or two being graphite and charcoal, so you can scope that if you want

S.L.E.E.P.

Used mostly graphite and charcoal on mixed media sketching paper.

This movie, The Network was a huge inspiration for this piece and if you take the time to watch you'll understand why i'm sure...television (entertainment industry) is a major tool that can either be used for good or bad and that's basically why i'm doing this piece...basically a protest against the evil or wrong doing of people who are in the entertainment industry and/or technological industry that brainwash or "program" people to mindlessly stare into oblivion(their digital technological devices galore,ect) and subconsciously soak up as much needless information as they can that is utterly useless to the evolution and proper progression of consciousness imo...it's not beneficial whatsoever except to distract and get you to consume things you do not need -for the most part- and of course influence you in ways that's usually not in your best interest, ect,ect,ect and of course it's massively more complex than that and of course there is a wealth of positive things it does as well but i'm not protesting that...i'm only talking about the abusive things it does. So with that statement, if you watch the video/movie, you'll have an idea of where i'm coming from.

edit on 5-7-2015 by unspoken411 because: adjustment

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

To See a World-

Quick rough sketch inspired by the amazing artist, philosopher & poet William Blake.
28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827

Used oil pastels, mechanical pencil, hb pencil, charcoal on canson mixed media sketching paper 11x14
Time: 1.5-2rs

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

A Robin Redbreast in a Cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage.
A dove house fill’d with doves and pigeons
Shudders Hell thro’ all its regions.
A Dog starv’d at his Master’s Gate
Predicts the ruin of the State.
A Horse misus’d upon the Road
Calls to Heaven for Human blood.
Each outcry of the hunted Hare
A fiber from the Brain does tear.

He who shall train the Horse to War
Shall never pass the Polar Bar.
The Beggar’s Dog and Widow’s Cat,
Feed them and thou wilt grow fat.
The Gnat that sings his Summer song
Poison gets from Slander’s tongue.
The poison of the Snake and Newt
Is the sweat of Envy’s Foot.

A truth that’s told with bad intent
Beats all the Lies you can invent.
It is right it should be so;
Man was made for Joy and Woe;
And when this we rightly know
Thro’ the World we safely go.

Every Night and every Morn
Some to Misery are Born.
Every Morn and every Night
Some are Born to sweet delight.
Some are Born to sweet delight,
Some are Born to Endless Night.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Golden Ticket-

I got a golden ticket....

Inspired by the film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I absolutely love this movie and particularly this scene for many different reasons. Many might see it as a fun child-like movie but I see something else entirely. The film has a great deal of depth to it that incorporates so many different expressions, human emotions, struggles, wonder, ect...a film that most can relate to, especially the idea of overcoming financial strife and poverty...wishing for their golden ticket. Even those that think they are well off, think about this....1/10th of 1% own more wealth than the rest of the 99% of the population....of the entire planet. Now let that really sink in lol If that doesn't offer up some perspective, I don't know what will.

Used mechanical pencil, soft/dry pastels, charcoal, woodless color pencils, hb pencils and ballpoint pen on canson mixed media sketching paper 11x14

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Peace can not and will not EVER be achieved through war....

Used pastels, charcoal, graphite on mixed media sketching paper 8x11

Time: 8-10hrs

This is being dedicated to the protest and condemning of the indoctrination of small children being used for warfare. It is truly sick to me and very sobering that we live in a world...a reality where such appalling spiritual and physical tortures exist. It's not just this though, it's the idea....that violence such as this is a part of our nature.
Structured society as it exists today is sick and needs to be properly re-educated in almost everything in my opinion. Almost everything I have learned about is upside down...what is that? Sadly, most of us are products of our environments in my opinion and if you do not believe that, then just take a look at how children are brainwashed for warfare in some parts of the world. Taught to hate others before they can even consciously form a critical thought for themselves.
Most of these children have no choice and are forced into slave labor for other's demented purposes. Wonder why they recruit teenagers for the military before they even get out of high school...? Maybe cause and it's just a theory...maybe because they have no clue for the most part what they want to do with their life and in all likelihood have no idea how the REAL world operates and functions. Another realization is that the hypocrisy of it all goes above and beyond.
For instance...Most people I imagine do not believe in or support war but fail to realize that over 90% of their so called entertainment comes from fantasy violence... which comes in the form of movies, books, music, art and many other forms, so In that sense, WE ALL are Hypocrites. So we don't believe in performing acts of violence upon others but find it entertaining to fantasize about it, all in the spirit of make believe? That is what I mean when I say structured society is sick. Most of what I say with this will fall on deaf ears I know but I still feel it's important and need to express the idea so there it is...

Out of sight is Not out of Mind

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Have you ever tried oil painting?

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kkrattiger
Have you ever tried oil painting?

yes but it's been a while. Might get back into it in the future but I don't like the clean up process. Using harmful chemicals, ect

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
bump

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: unspoken411

I use curd soap and warm water to wash the brushes. But terpin as thinner, so yeah... kinda addicted to the stink. You get that from spray-cans, I see...

Try water-based oil then!
Anyway. Fantastic work, keep on rockin!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join