It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 migrants try to storm Channel Tunnel , enough is enough

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's way past time France took control of its borders and sorted this problem out , last night a group of up to 150 illegal immigrants made an attempt to force their way into the tunnel causing freight services to be cancelled again so prolonging the delays for the HGV drivers waiting to cross the channel.

I fully agree with Dan Cook , operations director of transport company Europa Worldwide, who says ....

"If we were watching television in the UK and we were seeing mass groups of people wandering around the motorway climbing on vehicles I think we would be pretty outraged and we would expect the British authorities to do something about it."
www.bbc.co.uk...

As an HGV driver myself my thoughts go out to the lorry drivers , not only are they the innocent victims in all of this but if they get caught crossing with migrants in or on their vehicle its a fine of up to £2.000 per head , a fine that they are liable for , not only do they have that to deal with but they are also the ones who are having to front up to these people some of whom are armed with stanley knives which they use to cut curtains on trailers if they cant open the doors , one of these days a driver trying to secure his load will be attacked and injured , perhaps fatally.

This government needs to stop talking and start doing , sending a fence over there is a pathetic piecemeal gesture that just shows how seriously this government doesn't take the situation , this would never be acceptable on this country's border why then is it acceptable on our European partners border.
It's time for France to take some positive action , send them home or secure them , enough is enough !

edit on 4-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

send over 500 ex ghurkas [ who dont currently have permission for permanent uk residence ] :

a simple mandate -

they have to stay out there for 12 months guarding the tunnel and port

if any illegal imigrant makes it through in a given callender month - all the ghurkas on duty at that time have to serve another month

they already have freaking big knives - but just to be sure - give them a browning 9mm too - as the MOD have serveral thousand in stores

we will get 500 new brittish citizens a year - whio will actually contribute - an the imigrant problem will disapear

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

edit on 4-7-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
This government needs to stop talking and start doing...

It's time for France to take some positive action , send them home or secure them , enough is enough !

Bit lost on this one. What are you suggesting the UK government do when this is clearly a French problem. In fact, this is a problem for Europe. Why the hell are we allowing these economic migrants in anyway? Italy, Greece, France etc., who are receiving boat loads of these young men need to process them and return them from whence they came. These are economic migrants.

While I have sympathy for these people they don't belong in Europe, or the UK for that matter.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

send over 500 ex ghurkas [ who dont currently have permission for permanent uk residence ] :

a simple mandate -

they have to stay out there for 12 months guarding the tunnel and port

if any illegal imigrant makes it through in a given callender month - all the ghurkas on duty at that time have to serve another month

they already have freaking big knives - but just to be sure - give them a browning 9mm too - as the MOD have serveral thousand in stores

we will get 500 new brittish citizens a year - whio will actually contribute - an the imigrant problem will disapear

I actually think that' a great idea, The gurkhas get citizenship and I'd be willing to bet that very few immigrants will get by them.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Bunch of scroungers is what they are, parasites leeching of hard working Europeans.

They come over here seek asylum, get free housing, benefits, food, and health care, they are taking the p##s, to be honest im sick of them.

With political correctness in overdrive these days you can't even have an opinion on the matter without being branded a racist.
edit on 4-7-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

What are you suggesting the UK government do when this is clearly a French problem.

It's clearly a French problem that's effecting the UK , France / Europe need to get a grip of their borders and stop encouraging migrants by letting them stay even though they arrived illegally , the UK government should do whatever it takes to secure our borders especially at this time.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NeoSpace

Thing is if I was in their position I would do the same.
Oh and most immigrants work btw most pay their way.
But yes it is getting over crowded so something must be done.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: NeoSpace

Thing is if I was in their position I would do the same.
Oh and most immigrants work btw most pay their way.
But yes it is getting over crowded so something must be done.

Yes the legal ones work and contribute, it's the illegal ones without documents im worried about, they could be rapists, murderers and terrorist nutcases.

Housing in the UK is already in very short supply as it is, with 1000's more people pouring into the country every day demand will be even greater pushing up the cost of living.

30 years ago rent was about 25% of a persons average wage on minimum wage, today it's more like 80% to 110% and increasing every year.
edit on 4-7-2015 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

They'll get no tea from me.

Everyone with a brain knows that immigration has been a part of nations and humanity at large for tens of thousands of years. When we aren't migrating from one continent to another, we're migrating from the countryside to the cities and towns. 7 billion people and we're all of us descended from bloody migrants. The day will come when the British start to migrate away from rising sea levels and ever more confined populations.

Still, there are better ways of migrating than trying to use violence and aggression to force your way in. I won't even want to know the reasons why if someone has used menace and force to enter the UK. If that's their style they can piss off back to wherever they come from. England and the UK have all the menacing, violent people we need (thank you very much) and we don't want any more.

No tea at all!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
But if France tighten their borders then they are stuck with the immigrants, right?

So leave the borders the way they are and those people will get to Britain

Job done.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Italy, Greece, France etc., who are receiving boat loads of these young men need to process them and return them from whence they came.

Its not so easy as you might think. Most of them are with no papers at all. So, we can not send them back, since they possess no papers and we can not send them to other countries. They are coming to Greece/Italy with plastic boats. 80% of them are coming from the shores of Turkey and the rest are fleeing from the Warzone on Middle east. Once they see a coast-patrol they slice their boats and becomes a rescue mission. Shall we let them drown in open sea ? After all we are talking about Man,Woman and children.

What gortex mentioned on his OP, is everyday madness on Greek harbors and isles where trucks and fairies passing. I get his frustration.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I'm surprised they did not interoperate the event as a terrorist act. Then again why care? Considering once they get in to the U.K there our problem as opposed to there's.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm commenting because this is becoming an uh-oh moment maybe even a comeuppance for the entire West. Between climate change, war, sanction, unfair trade, unfair labor, colonialism/imperialism and enforced chaos... we've created billions of desperate people and smashed nearly all, if not all, possibilities for 'foreigners' to organize and tackle food scarcity, water scarcity/flooding, tyranny... etc.

I don't know what the solution is but it's only going to get worse and the onus is on us to solve it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
Its not so easy as you might think. Most of them are with no papers at all. So, we can not send them back, since they possess no papers and we can not send them to other countries.

It's only "too difficult" when people don't try. They come over from North Africa, so drop them off there. It's immaterial to me that they have slogged all the way from some hell hole, like the Somalia, or that they don't have "papers". These omissions are playing us for the fools we are. "Don't have any papers, well hey ho, here's a cheque, house, hospital and welcome to Europe - oh, and here's how you use a toilet and beating your woman is not what we do, and yes, girls should not have FGM inflicted upon them, and no, we don't ... etc".

I knew a councillor who was a Liberal Democrat and even he was frustrated by the silliness that says "You cannot deport someone because they (a) won't tell you their name, date of birth and (b) won't say which country they came from".

I say guess where they come from if they won't say.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
It's way past time France took control of its borders and sorted this problem out , last night a group of up to 150 illegal immigrants made an attempt to force their way into the tunnel causing freight services to be cancelled again so prolonging the delays for the HGV drivers waiting to cross the channel.

I fully agree with Dan Cook , operations director of transport company Europa Worldwide, who says ....

"If we were watching television in the UK and we were seeing mass groups of people wandering around the motorway climbing on vehicles I think we would be pretty outraged and we would expect the British authorities to do something about it."
www.bbc.co.uk...

As an HGV driver myself my thoughts go out to the lorry drivers , not only are they the innocent victims in all of this but if they get caught crossing with migrants in or on their vehicle its a fine of up to £2.000 per head , a fine that they are liable for , not only do they have that to deal with but they are also the ones who are having to front up to these people some of whom are armed with stanley knives which they use to cut curtains on trailers if they cant open the doors , one of these days a driver trying to secure his load will be attacked and injured , perhaps fatally.

This government needs to stop talking and start doing , sending a fence over there is a pathetic piecemeal gesture that just shows how seriously this government doesn't take the situation , this would never be acceptable on this country's border why then is it acceptable on our European partners border.

What an odd concept. You expect your borders to be "secure" and effective at keeping out illegal immigrants?

In the US, watching the hordes swim the river and top the fences, (or burrow under them) is a reality TV show. Our government doesn't even know who's in the country, much less where they came from.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lonegurkha

You said:

"
I actually think that' a great idea, The gurkhas get citizenship and I'd be willing to bet that very few immigrants will get by them."

I'm not very PC, so I only point this out because it is incredibly ironic.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If they don't want to disclose where they are from, and they are here illegally we should just assume they have somthing to hide, maby they are wanted criminals, put them in prison indefinitely until their identification can be verified.

It would be much cheaper than paying for their rent and living costs, even setting up new prisons just for illegal immigrants would be much cheaper for the tax payer.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

We are in a different position , we have no land borders or rivers to swim , we do have a tunnel that connects us to Europe but in theory that should be easy to control , unfortunately our government seems happier to pass anti libertarian laws against its residents rather than combat the problems of border security.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join