It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy birthday America ! Patriotic versus protest songs .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I think 4th of July threads are adorable

(Beware excessive gun fire)

Be safe

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Second opinion normal normal reaction from a country music neophyte.

Neophyte? I was probably listening to Jim Reeves before you were born, though not necessarily with any great affection.

Anyway, it didn't take much in the way of disagreement for you to show your true colours, did it? Happy Fourth of July.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Not as quickly as you Iron britches . I think the best bet for us is you stay on your side of the site I will stay on mine .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This song may sound pessimistic but we're heading there more and more every day. Passing the fast track for the TPP was another nail in the coffin for this country. You try to tell people what's going on and they either ignore you or call you a nutter. Then guys like Mark Dice come along with a clipboard and asks them to sign a petition to get rid of the Bill of Rights and the Constitution and the dumb asses fall all over themselves to sign.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Thanks SM /

I feel this song is even more pessimistic .

It took so long because after your song I had to listen to Convoy . Lol
edit on 4-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That's a good song.
I like Convoy, too. C.W. McCall has a lot of good ones.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Why, are you afraid one of us will get hurt?

My true colours were on display from my first post. I don't feel you've identified them correctly, though...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

My mom always said if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it . I take pride in the music I like. I offered you a complement you offered a supercilious attitude .

Just saying ??????

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
While not songs, I think these videos are still relevant. They illustrate why people are protesting.

This is part of the reason why we're in such a mess:

And these are the kind of people that are driving us into the ground:

Yes, it's Alex Jones but the oh well. He has a point:

The idiots are taking over. I think they're in the majority and are completely clueless as to what's going on. They have their bread and circuses and are satisfied.

ETA: Okay, it's a music thread so here's a song so it can be technically on topic.

edit on 4-7-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

First two videos are good.

I look at mark dice as nothing but a two bit con man.

I want to see his unedited footage before we go around acting like the majority of people would answer the same.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yeah, the unedited footage would be interesting to see. I've talked to enough people like the ones in the video to make me think that not many called him on the BS with the petitions though.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Not as quickly as you Iron britches . I think the best bet for us is you stay on your side of the site I will stay on mine .

That's very un-fourth of July for you to say!

Ha all jokes aside, are people who disagree not welcome in your threads? This is an open forum I believe, last time I checked at least.

It's a free world bro - USA! USA! USA!

"I believe in the right to free speech unless you disagree with me"

~ some guy in this thread

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My mom always said if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it . I take pride in the music I like. I offered you a complement you offered a supercilious attitude.

No-one asked you to react the way you did; I made a couple of general statements and you took them personally. However, I think you will agree that I have made two points -- namely, that protesters love their country too and that people who wrap themselves in their county's flag are invariably using it to hide something shameful -- that you will not, in future, easily forget. Farewell and remember.

edit on 4/7/15 by Astyanax because: he's going to tell me he'll forget, but he won't.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: real_one

Sure they are I welcome civil debate . I'm just taking a back sometimes when I offer a complement to a poster on a song. Then they throw the same song back in my face and tell me I don't know what I'm talking about .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Point taken.

Is my point taken about Einstein ? Myself I learn who I speak of before I hold them in reverence .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A couple other good ones:

I'm surprised that nobody posted this one:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Good tunes!

I'm going to stay with the premise of my beliefs on this thread. We may be lost right now but I believe in America the struggle is not over .

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yeah the struggle is far from over. We do have a long way to go until we live up to the standards we've set for the rest of the world.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A love song - from someone who was never a citizen

And another kind of love song...

Happy 4th to everyone
edit on 7/4/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: much better....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join