It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activists Arm for Further War on Free Speech

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I'll just say it... i'm so tired of being POLITICALLY CORRECT. So screw those who think i need to be, and get a life.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I'll just say it... i'm so tired of being POLITICALLY CORRECT. So screw those who think i need to be, and get a life.

Sounds radical.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

How CAN there be ALL in a gray situation?
You haven't NOTICED a strong left push lately?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

You're the one talking about everything "being gray" except when it comes to generalizing about those that you don't agree with politically. /shrug

On the contrary, what I've seen on "the left" is that we've basically become almost passive; the "right wing" in the last ten years especially has multiplied its media presence 100 fold. Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Fox News, Breitbart, etc., not to mention that the right has become exceedingly more radicalized than say 25 years ago.

For that I blame the surge in the Religious Right (aka Moral Majority) as well as Rupert Murdoch.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I love me some Queen.. but what does that have to do with anything?

Queer Off?? is that the same as flame on?
edit on 5-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Im sorry you find my ideology 'radical' annie. I'm just excercising my rights, tis all. If it offends you i'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I was being queerstastic sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

i didn't ask for an apology, i just wondered the context of Queen, cause if you want to talk Freddie we can

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I'm not into queer, to be honest. However i looooove Freddy Mercury. He was ordinary to me, normal you know, and i have no problem with him at all... I wish everyone was like him. He came across as normal,nice, ordinary. that's why i always favored him, he was normal.

When ordinary people let go, they totally find what theyre looking for,
edit on 7/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I'm not into queer, to be honest. However i looooove Freddy Mercury. He was ordinary to me, normal you know, and i have no problem with him at all... I wish everyone was like him. He came across as normal,nice, ordinary. that's why i always favored him, he was normal.

When ordinary people let go, they totally find what theyre looking for,

Isn't that interesting, you do know that Freddy Mercury was queer as a $3 bill, yes?

And he seemed just as "normal" as everyone else ... wow.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

NOT really at all.
YOU are responsable for YOUR perception, I insist on being left alone in a country that NOW is attacking freedoms by social rhetoric.
SUDDENLY we have a racial issue .
SUDDENLY nativity scenes are wrong.
Suddenly the rebel flag is NOW a SPACIFIC symbol of slavery.
ALL of these are INTRUSIONS in the guse of social engineering that are unacceptable to THE MAJORITY.
JUST because we don't behave like activists don't think we will allow these to simply br thrown away.
TAX the churches but DON'T make SOCIAL activists pay theirs.
I could go on all day.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Freddy Mercury was bisexual not gay or normal at ALL as he was a creative GENIUS.
His vocals are unmatched by anyone in music today.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ok, so not the response i was expecting....

So, not into Queer?.. if you thought Freddie was normal.. what would you think of me

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not "Gay or Normal at all"... you sound so committed, like i can picture this argument in my head "He wasn't Gay, or Normal"

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

. . . what I've seen on "the left" is that we've basically become almost passive; the "right wing" in the last ten years especially has multiplied its media presence 100 fold. Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Fox News, Breitbart, etc., not to mention that the right has become exceedingly more radicalized than say 25 years ago.

For that I blame the surge in the Religious Right (aka Moral Majority) as well as Rupert Murdoch.

That's what I was gonna say. You said it better.

It's unfortunate "Left" radio/media doesn't do better. Human nature, "if it bleeds, it reads". The Right, like Limbaugh are Carnival Barkers --- they prey on emotion and too many let themselves be suckered in --- like its a drug. The Right media doesn't seem to care that much about facts.

The Left media is mostly boring. They haven't found a formula that works. I used to listen to Michelangelo Signorile on OutQ. He at least tried to show both sides of an issue.

I think the Christisn Right has been the biggest divider. Seems like most efforts have been trying to keep Separation of Church and State. What a waste of time that this should continue to be an issue.

IMO the Right has hurt themselves with the "Christian Push". I think many are getting really tired of it.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

NOT really at all.
YOU are responsable for YOUR perception, I insist on being left alone in a country that NOW is attacking freedoms by social rhetoric.
Suddenly the rebel flag is NOW a SPACIFIC symbol of slavery.
ALL of these are INTRUSIONS in the guse of social engineering that are unacceptable to THE MAJORITY.
JUST because we don't behave like activists don't think we will allow these to simply br thrown away.
TAX the churches but DON'T make SOCIAL activists pay theirs.
I could go on all day.

I don't even know what you're talking about now:

Yes, I am responsible for my perception, and you are responsible for yours. (Actually we're responsible for how we process and judge our perceptions, but let's not pick nits.)

So, you want to control what others can say in the social media/marketplace of ideas? What freedoms are being attacked?

Voting rights? That's the only freedom in the last few years I've seen diminished, and brother, that's on your "side" of the coin.

The racial issue in this country is anything but SUDDEN, although there are plenty of people who don't like to be called out on their racism. C'mon.

The illegal state-sponsorship of Christian iconographs on public lands have been an issue for decades.

The rebel flag was brought back in the 50s by several southern states to symbolize their resistance to equal rights. That's just historical fact, hardly recent.

INTRUSIONS? The nativity scenes and Confederate Battle flag are on PUBLIC LANDS. The only intrusion is their presence there in the first place.

You think you're speaking for the majority? Do you think the majority of folks in this country are right-wingers?

What social activists are not being taxed for being political; be specific.

I'm sure you could go on "all day" ... but 95% of what you've listed so far is incorrect ...

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Im sorry you find my ideology 'radical' annie. I'm just excercising my rights, tis all. If it offends you i'm sorry.

Maybe it's the delivery.

link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

I love me some Queen.. but what does that have to do with anything?

Queer Off?? is that the same as flame on?

Fat bottomed girls DO make the rockin' world go 'round.

link   

Freddy Mercury was bisexual not gay or normal at ALL as he was a creative GENIUS.
His vocals are unmatched by anyone in music today.

I've always enjoyed his singing and the music of Queen.

Did you know Mercury personally? Notice I didn't say he was gay, I said he was queer.

As far as your perception of normal, you're responsible for that, remember?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Really? Like over night?

Suddenly? Like 1990.

Promoting any specific religion on government property is wrong.

edit on 5-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join