It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activists Arm for Further War on Free Speech

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm quite aware of what the words mean.

What I mean is, handing someone a coke the wrong way is enough cause for complaint. Or one person's discrimination is another persons mild-mannered joke.

I'm not sure if anyone has been jailed for it yet, but if the tar and feathering of Donald Sterling or Sir Tim Hunt is any indication, it won't be too long before it is bullied into legislation. I'm optimistic and hope cooler heads prevail.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I'm talking about Bruce reimer

david reimer

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

i haven't a clue what you're talking about

At least you're honest. There is this thing called literature, and feminism has a large body of it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Ok, so that proves that Gender is not taught or forced, this gives even more legitimacy to Trans Male and Females

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

i haven't a clue what you're talking about

At least you're honest. There is this thing called literature, and feminism has a large body of it.

What does it have to do with this topic?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

As it should. Biology is the easiest way to set the record straight.

My complaint was with the branch of feminism that teaches gender is learned, which was in response to another poster.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

You asked.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You asked.

"Feminism and anything LGBT go hand in hand?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

As it should. Biology is the easiest way to set the record straight.

My complaint was with the branch of feminism that teaches gender is learned, which was in response to another poster.

Again.

What are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That was the argument. I was trying to show it wasn't true.

As to what I'm talking about, again, I'm speaking of feminist literature.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'm not sure if anyone has been jailed for it yet, but if the tar and feathering of Donald Sterling or Sir Tim Hunt is any indication, it won't be too long before it is bullied into legislation. I'm optimistic and hope cooler heads prevail.

Representative type behavior of FOX news.

Run by men.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand your point. I've never watched Fox News.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

That was the argument. I was trying to show it wasn't true.

As to what I'm talking about, again, I'm speaking of feminist literature.

No group is a clone. Feminism varies by individual.

Are you selectively pin-pointing a specific type of woman/literature?

Is it radical feminism you are choosing to represent all women?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"Representing all women?" Let me ask you, what percentage of women identify with feminism?

I am speaking of "gender feminists" (a feminist' distinction), who believe that the mind is a blank slate and gender is learned' like Betty Freidan.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I'm not sure I understand your point. I've never watched Fox News.

I think anyone who's been on ATS for a while understands comments about FOX News.

LGBTQ do not take away others Free Speech by expressing their own.

There will always be people who blurt stuff out that is questioningly "phrased" ---- such as George Takei and Sir Tim Hill.

They are fully responsible for what comes out of their mouth, and how they handle the aftermath. A sincere apology and explanation usually works.

There will always be a few "Carnival Barkers" who try to extend the drama for their own cause.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

"Representing all women?" Let me ask you, what percentage of women identify with feminism?

I am speaking of "gender feminists" (a feminist' distinction), who believe that the mind is a blank slate and gender is learned' like Betty Freidan.

Have a look at the workforce as example. Why is it acceptable that men or woman have a particular role or job based on gender. Would it not be learned in this particular instance, that women or men are more suitable for a certain job based on gender?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You're gonna need to provide a link to "gender feminists".

In any movement strong leaders are required. In the beginning extremist measures may be needed to get attention. Eventually the pendulum swings until a balance is met.

Friedan seems to be an evolving activist. Once she accomplishes a goal, she sets another.

Are you talking about "Gender Roles"? If so, that was seriously needed.

Feminism is about freedom and equality. In that way LGBTQ mirrors the goal, as does other groups such as the disabled.

All women should be Feminists.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I would have to agree. The sword falls both ways.

Yes I understand Fox News is a conservative mouthpiece, but I'm not sure what that had to do with anything. Do they have a particular opinion on this issue? If so, I missed it.

As for what comes out of people's mouths, yes, people are responsible for it, but people are also responsible to control their emotions in the face of criticism, or humor, satire, and even stupidity.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Could it be that they simply do what they choose to do? Do women not go into fields they prefer? Look at the engineering and stem fields. Even with the institutional encouragement to enter these fields, very few women do, even in the most feminist countries such as Sweden.

I don't think women are so programable in the sense that society robs them of their very autonomy.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Have a look at the workforce as example. Why is it acceptable that men or woman have a particular role or job based on gender. Would it not be learned in this particular instance, that women or men are more suitable for a certain job based on gender?

As we evolve men and women's bodies and minds are changing. We are adapting to a world of intellect, rather then physical strength and "baby maker".

The gender differences are closing. In today's world there are few jobs defined by gender.

Some men love to blame women for the change. I say it's an inevitable evolution no matter how we got here.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join