It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activists Arm for Further War on Free Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Honestly i am canadian and i have to say that i have never heard of what the article claims, not saying its not true but you think it would have been talked about.

Your a Canadian?

Noted!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Still waiting on a response from OP now that two Canadians have come forth to debunk the source material of the thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Gryphon66

All it takes is one or two with the right funding.

Do you believe in an all powerful LGBT lobby that has complete control over every action of the Democratic party, American academia and Hollywood?

Yes or no?

Do you believe there isn't?

Yes or no? and WHY.

Here's some ammo for your "yes" ...

Gay & Lesbian Rights & Issues: Background

HRC, USA's biggest LGBT lobby, releases 2015 Corporate Equality Index; Omaha's biggest employers ranked

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Still waiting on a response from OP now that two Canadians have come forth to debunk the source material of the thread.

I've just been reading all the responses. I never put any merit in the article to begin with, and having read through the thread and some of the more insight posts, it seems as if it is propaganda.

I haven't researched the entire source article or any other related material and sources; having said that, and after reading the thread, I definetly think it should be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Do you believe in an all powerful LGBT lobby that has complete control over every action of the Democratic party, American academia and Hollywood?

Yes or no?

Yes or no? and WHY.

Who doesn't have a lobby these days?

Weird to single out one group - - - like its a big deal.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes or no?

Yes or no? and WHY.

Who doesn't have a lobby these days?

Weird to single out one group - - - like its a big deal.

I agree, but the article is making claims and suppositions.

And some others are denying a LGBT "Lobby" even exists.

I'm just getting the stories straight.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Was just checking. Hard to tell whether or not some of these threads/discussions might be influenced by Poe's Law for the "lulz".

This is a completely personal perspective, but what I've witnessed in Canada and the area I live in (dubbed the San Francisco of Canada) is that as time goes on, we're less likely to invoke our hate crime laws or to label them as such.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Being gay is just part of life. The majority of gay people would wish they were straight. But they aren't, they're gay and always will be. Get over it, it's just life, and it ain't going away.

Sorry for the off topic response.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No. No one has denied there are LGBT rights lobbyists.
It's the claim that there is some agenda other than their quest for equal rights that's the problem.

Missed...Again.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Is that what you are scared of?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
While there is clearly a problem with social media attacks on individuals, like the case with Tim Hunt for instance... it's not unique to one group or other... this is part of society, I firmly believe that people in Canada and the US will not tolerate regulating speech. No way in hell. It's not a new phenomenon, it just has a new venue, social media. Before that it was writing campaigns through snail mail. Before that it was dragging people into the public square (yes even after such a thing as the US Constitution). Scandal always befalls people that step into the public spotlight. Always.

So while the latest craze is blame it all on SJWs, the LGBT community and Civil Rights activists, which in and of itself is the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it... be sure you're not advocating to regulate speech yourself.

ETA Also it's never a good idea to use hyperbole to make a point.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Is that a joke or something, even worst i am french canadian.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Is that a joke or something, even worst i am french canadian.

Why you mad bro?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Is this a game, did We go at it, im on my iphone and i cant see peoples avatars,'so not sure who you are

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Honestly i am canadian and i have to say that i have never heard of what the article claims, not saying its not true but you think it would have been talked about.

Your a Canadian?

Noted!

Seeker

What kind of reply was that.... that should be read as.... "honestly, I am a canadian, and I have (...)"

You're reply was stupid really and the 3 dumb people who gave stars for that sheet.... The sentence makes sence if you know how to punctuate and if you're not driving an agenda to strike people down - YES hes an canadian, and AS A CANADIAN, he has never seen-------- whatever...

Screw your agendas. And Seeker.... Learn how to punctuate even if people dont or didnt.
edit on 3-7-2015 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

No. No one has denied there are LGBT rights lobbyists.
It's the claim that there is some agenda other than their quest for equal rights that's the problem.

Missed...Again.

In the people....? NO

In the grand scheme of things? YES. And dont even try to deny that.... because althou I have nothing against gays or whatever I could flood this crap with statistics you never dreamt of. Still THERE IS a bigger purpose... there is A BIGGER HAND at work.... do I care? No. But dont deny that crap phage. When people say theres a "gay agenda" I hope they're not talking about the people..... because theres a "gay agenda", but it has nothing to do with the "gay people" lol - like I said I have nothing against gay people and everything against the "gay agenda"...

Now phage.... dont mix them ok?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Whats the Gay Agenda then?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
Whats the Gay Agenda then?

Yeah, Darth. I missed the memo too and now I'm really curious.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
"Discrimination" or hate is so vague that any sort of regulation risks abuse. And to think that one may get jailed for what he says, no matter how stupid, is frightening. Reducing discrimination and hate is a task for education, not the state.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FraternitasSaturni

Arbitrary groups of people, no matter what label they take, do not possess a single mind or volition. In other words, there is no gay agenda.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join