It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT Activists Arm for Further War on Free Speech

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I haven't stated WHAT my oninions on voting rights are have I they are IF you are a citizen WITH an ID, vote.
You need it for a car I DON'T think it's TOO much to ask to vote with one.
Racial issues have swung into REVERSE racism with people attacking without provocation like they did from the other side in the 60s.Don't be obtuse.
Soldiers who have their faith are having monuments taked down seasonal Christmas decor ISN'T oppression WE ARE the majority with THAT.
It is an issue TO ACTIVISTS only .YES a minority.
"Brought back" in the 50s" Bedford is part of MILITARY academy training HE fought under THAT BATTLE flag as it represents a MILITARY formation NOT a government to some it also represents rebellion as it has since it's raising.
AGAIN I'm NOT a right winger I'm centrist. Unafilliated.
SHARPTON,Clintons, NAACP, SPLC the far right THINK tanks that create NEW ways to get us killed,the KKK, NOT paying what is owed.
The ACTIVISTS are in LARGE urban areas thinkig THEY rae speaking for the masses.
THEY aren't and neither are you SORRY at this time it isn't true.

edit on 5-7-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

We aren't talking about our individual positions on the issues, we were talking about freedoms that have been lost.

There have been many reversals in the area of voting rights in the last few years. That's about the only "freedom" that anyone has lost.

Racism is racism. Don't be pedantic.

What soldiers are having monuments taken down? Be specific.

Are you claiming that most Americans are Christians? Well now, that I can agree with, or at least, that's what the polls keep telling us.

You do remember the Constitution, right? That First Amendment about no establishment of a religion by the government? Any government, national, State or local? Yeah, that's why the Nativity scenes are brought down.

You're down with the fact that the Constitution insures the rights of everyone, both "majority" and "minority" right?

The Confederate Battle Flag was added to the State flags of several southern states in the 1950s to oppose or protest equal rights. That's a fact that is easily provable. That the flag has also been used in other contexts is irrelevant to the point.

Okay, you're a centrist, but you're continually espousing the talking points of the right; the walking and talking duck comes to mind.

I haven't claimed to be speaking for the masses, I'm not aware of any urban activists that claim to be speaking for the masses, but I want to also make sure you understand that you're not speaking for the majority of the American people, either.

I mean, you do understand that, right?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer
a reply to: Daedal

OP, I have not yet read the Source article. First, I wanted to look at more information about the author. Seeing this other article by that author, I will be looking at the Source article with a great deal of scrutiny. I will be leaving out all interpretation by the author, because she is bigoted. I will only be considering evidence (e.g. quotations from documentation and other people) that she presents.

I read the source article.....it's so full of holes, it'd be laughable, if it wasn't so discriminatory....but, as the author would put it.....I'm a subject of "groupthink"....I have no critical-thinking skills, she has already dismissed those.....she does try to cover all the bases, by saying if you disagree with her assessment, you are obviously brainwashed, so there is no argument in her world, because her opinion is the only one that is correct.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

This is the kind of propaganda used to spread hate, and when you speak against it and show it's flaws you become a "freedom Police" and "Liberal Progressive'

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I said he came across as normal. I guess my gaydar doesn't work as well as most people however there is only one freddie mercury.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

There is only one Freddie, what is your definition of Normal though?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Well, Normal to me is 'Not' dancing around in your gaunch in the streets waving flags, or chasing cars on a freeway. This is totally inappropriate abnormal behaviour.

Normal however is being kind to others and not infringing on them with personal beliefs and or sexual orientation in the open where it effects mass amounts of people.

btw you asked me what would i think of you? Well unless you do those things i'd probably see you as Normal too.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Well, Normal to me is 'Not' dancing around in your gaunch in the streets waving flags, or chasing cars on a freeway. This is totally inappropriate abnormal behaviour.

Normal however is being kind to others and not infringing on them with personal beliefs and or sexual orientation in the open where it effects mass amounts of people.

btw you asked me what would i think of you? Well unless you do those things i'd probably see you as Normal too.

And that, children, is what we call homophobia.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yet, those who wanted to stop gay marriage did just that, forced their beliefs on gay couples, until equality finally won.

Most people think public displays of affection between gay people or gay people being shown in the media, is "forcing" it on others. No.

If straight people can hold hands and kiss in public, then so can gay people. If there are tv shows and movies with straight people, then gay people should be able to be on tv shows and movies, too.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Do you feel the same about Mardi Gras and Carnival?

Unnatural? Abnormal?

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Have you ever been to a pride event? Celebration? Parade? or are you just repeating what you have heard others say about it, looked up some pictures online and then formed an ignorant opinion?

So, you would say that Straight people that hold hands in public, hug, kiss are not Normal also? or how about a bunch of straight drunk guys walking around with their shirts off yelling at girls? or what about at Beaches where pretty much most of the people are semi-naked running around?

Basically i'm asking if it's just GLBTQ+ people that act abnormal to you

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Homo phobia ? hahahaha... ok ... Then i guess i could call you StraitOphobic? Stop already with the finger pointing christ almighty...

What do you guys care what i think? I'm nobody to you, so why all the over anal izing over someones personal opinion? Did i wack you with a big stick? no i did not so stop being whiny and get your fingers out of my face, thankyou.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Heterophobic BTW

i was just starting a conversation with you, wondering why people think that way that's all, no harm

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Well ok and the last post wasn't actually aimed at you but the others above my head.

And no no and no to your questions. But i already know what i like, and im just saying.. the majority of the population on planet nutbar are straight. Not that i care what people prefer, but i do know i don't like the sexualization of everything always in my face.

edit on 7/5/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

thankyou for the correction. And yes no harm done.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I think it depends on where you look, people say they wouldn't want to see straight couples act like that in public, but they are far more tolerant of it than they are for Same-Sex couples.. i've yet to hear stories of a Straight Couples asked to leave a restaurant, and there have been stories of Same-Sex couples..

In Hollywood i got asked to leave a store because someone complained and said i was making them feel uncomfortable , and we are talking about Hollywood, so it is all around

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Even if straight couples do it, it makes me feel immensely uncomfortable to the max. If it were my restaurant i'd have told them the same thing i'd tell anyone else, stop procreating or, trying to, in front the customers or get out. If they tried to make it a problem i'd say stop whining grow up and remember there are children here too and they especially don't need to see that either.

I'm not going to say to people, Ok np do whatever you like and i'll agree with it because everyone else thinks it's cool. I've never gone along with what everyone thought was cool anyways, to me it's like watching fish in a tank chasing whatever moves.

Just wanted to add.. It's not a contest between heterosexuals and homosexuals, to say oh so and so did it so we're gonna do it too. Personally, i feel all of it is inappropriate. There's a time and place for everything, and due to stupid reality shows, everyone seems to think anything goes, well it doesn't, and it really shouldn't either.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I get people may feel uncomfortable if people are like really going at it... but question have you ever seen an older couple maybe Kiss and think 'awww how sweet' or a younger couple holding hands, maybe cuddle on a bench and think 'young love'

could you imagine feeling the same for a Same-Sex couple?

i want you to know i'm not singling you out, or attacking you i'm just having conversation

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Yes i can understand what you're saying but no, i don't get those aww feelings at all. When i see that all i think to myself is oh wow, they're about to dive head first into years of endless drama and eventually end up hating each other, and then finding someone else and doing the whole damn thing over again. So to me, it's like watching a frog slow boil without being aware of it's own demise.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Love it, your descriptions of cynicism are fabulous

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join