It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand: Tunisia attack minute of silence, minute of BS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I have not followed Brand and only read negative comment because he is a celebrity, no where near struggling for money and maybe married into an elite family. That said, having watched this video, he is right on the pulse with his opinion and totally reflects what I have been thinking this week. We even had an email to say our work was having a minute silence on Friday. The hypocracy of this minute silence made me sick, and I definitely did not comply. Where is the silence for all the innocents killed by our military, our sanctions and our foreign policies? Where is the silence for all the innocent people killed within our own country by the likes of Harold Shipman or the likes of Fred West or the kids murdered by paedo rings? Brand is right, this is BS and is being milked for all it is worth to get the people behind a bombing campaign that was voted down the last time. Wouldn't surprise me if this random attack was a false flag in order to get the backing for this bombing campaign.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
for what it's worth I have followed RB and his trews
from the get go. I can assure you it's genuine and
not for personal gain or attention.He truly wants
a gov that represents people and not the current
oligarchy .

No I'm afraid he's not genuine.have a quick look at how he got caught evading tax through one of his films and then went on to protest at the bankers who are swindling money from the economy. He is one of the biggest hypocrites ever who is only out for inches in the tabloids.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment on the RB statement, because I haven't seen it, and don't intend to.

I don't need to.

Because on Thursday, I did something very out of character for me, I watched the MSM news.

In a nutshell the first 15 minutes shoved the victims of the massacre down our throats, the poor family members, the coffins being unloaded back onto British soil by the RAF, with pretty much full military honors. And of course, the whole nation will take part in a minutes silence.

The somber faced newsreaders then switched from sad to stern, as the next 10 minutes told of how terribly ineffective our airstrikes against ISIS are on Iraq soil, we must strike them in their strongholds in Syria.

So, finishing with a conclusion that MP's will vote with some urgency about air strikes into Syria, I could see the entire structured circus had one goal, and that was military intervention in Syria.

To top that Cameron stated that ISIS have no morals, and have no respect for any sovereign countries borders, like you do Mr prime minister?

Brand would also see through this, he is very sharp.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
a reply to: athousandlives

Russell Brand is more full of # than a bag of ass holes.

Awww, did you make that up all by yourself?

You might not like the man, I can't say I did originally - the truth might not sound or look good, but it is what it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

.....was married to Katy perry.....nothing bad to see there.....no illuminumpties or Satan worship....

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
He is spot on.

I'd love to ask David Cameron if we'll have a sanctioned minutes silence this August for the hundred thousand Afghans the British government murdered.

Not likely is it.

And what he said about selling arms, Russell mate, don't get yourself suicided for a lost cause.

He isn't spot on, he's a twat. It isn't about the Government, or the State, or Arms sales - the minutes silence is for the victims and their families, the same as any other such instance. They had don nothing wrong except be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The fact he is trying to politicise their deaths to make a point (and a bad one at that) is shameful.

British Government "arms sales" have nothing to do with the current problems in the ME - the only nations we export to in the region are Saudi and the Gulf states and they are usually big ticket types. like aircraft - we have never sold weapons to Syria or Libya nor recently to Iraq.

I see Russia and others selling weapons get a free pass here though - it's all the British Governments fault...

As for your "100k civilians the UK Government has murdered" - what a crock of crap. Since 2001, less than 30,000 civilians have died as a result of the fighting in Afghanistan (although the figures are higher if you factor in other causes, such as medicine/food shortages etc) and that includes many who have died as a result of Taliban attacks who are the only ones to deliberately target civilians.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Very measured response - he's a twat......

A quick Google search fyi, shows your statement to be an outright lie about selling arms to Syria. Not just arms, but nerve gas.....

edit on 4-7-2015 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Very measured response - he's a twat......

A quick Google search fyi, shows your statement to be an outright lie about selling arms to Syria. Not just arms, but nerve gas.....

Talk about twisting - they had a few export licenses for chemicals that "could be used for weapons" which actually have legitimate industrial uses and the chemica ls never even made it to Syria before the licenses were revoked

The only other things the UK has sold Syria is parts for vehicles and some underwater listening devices - Source
edit on 4/7/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

And me calling him a twat is "measured" - I would like to call him worse....

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I actually quite like him, he has his flaws but I admire him for what he tries to do. I find it interesting that people use the 'celebrity' argument as if just because he worked in the public arena anything he says is nonsense or because he has made his money he is 'one of them' (elite).
Indeed and he would have much more insights into that shady world than us poor slaves at the bottom of the pile. More windows would be accessible to him because of his 'celebrity' and therefore he is very useful indeed if he is sincere in his convictions. Which I believe he is.

There are mighty forces shifting in the world today, painful change is coming, and many awake people everywhere are aghast as they watch our political class ignore major growing problems that threaten civilization itself and continue with their magic tricks and distractions by grand emotional gestures that they use to sway the masses like a giant hypnotists watch, swinging rhythmically before our eyes.

It is populist emotional blackmail. And the people are being played like violins. It is beholden on us to ask why!

As for Mr Brand, all these are learning experiences for him (pissing people off!) and I hope they help him to grow and become even more effective, he has a good brain that just needs refining,
- if he doesn't fall down the stairs some day that is.

OK Tunisian victims, very sad, unfortunate.
But a minutes silence ......come on?
They were unfortunate sunbathers, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
They weren't trying to get aid to people in need, nor trying to defend the innocent nor putting their lives on the line for others, like the real heroes who get no recognition.

I'm not trying to dismiss the deaths of the innocent in any way, just pissed off at how a government uses these events so cynically. Pretending to give a rats arse.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
meh

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Your last source says it was unclear if any were delivered.

I'll stand by what I wrote.

I'm sure others can Google it for themselves - Britain sells arms to Syria.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

And me calling him a twat is "measured" - I would like to call him worse....

My view of the man wasn't great either, but I rose above name calling.

It would be interesting to see what he thinks of you and I.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. Is this thread for real? It isn't really a suprise that the site has been hemorrhaging quality members over the last few years if this is where we are heading. I notice much support for the thread comes from newer members......has GLP had a purge recently?

What the hell has people observing a minutes silence to pay their respects for the victims got to do with government policy or anything else for that matter? It is nothing to do with foreign policy, the government or Russell wankshaft Brand.

On the other hand, some of the above responses show that others are just as bat sh!* crazy as Russell......

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Where do you think the quality members have gone, the other no.1 conspiracy site.....

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I think he's alright, I'll watch his trews, now and then. but no ones perfect.he's hardly a genius and Is just a reflection on our insipid culture, that is really lacking any sort of counter culture movement Of any substance

edit on 4-7-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

No idea.....i think many have just walked away all together (still interested but on a personal rather than public level) but have no way of verifying this.......or they still check in but never post.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
and Is just a reflection on our insipid culture, that is really lacking any sort of counter culture movement Of any substance

Completely agree with that part.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
And this yeaers Darwin Award goes to......the British Tourist.

Seriousily......a minutes silence for stupidity?

"Don't go to Tunisia"

"Why?"

"Extremists have said they'll shoot tourists. They shot up a museum and killed some tourists just a few months ago. It was the first country to undergo the 'Arab Spring'. It's on high alert. They're expecting more attacks. So don't go to Tunisia."

"Why?"

^^^^^^That was a real conversation I had with a work colleague who told me they had booked a holiday to Tunisia.

They returned from holiday the week before the shootings then acted all 'woe is me I was almost a victim' when the news broke.

People have to react appropriately to the threat and realise that putting yourself in danger for a sun tan is.......stupid. Tourists don't exactly get to taste the culture in these countries. They are advised to stay within the confines of the resort for their own safety.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
a reply to: athousandlives

Russell Brand is more full of # than a bag of ass holes.

Pathetic. Profanity AND off topic...breaks T&C..AND very close to breaking posting T&C, as this one liner of yours contributes absolutely nothing of value to this thread and is posted only with the singular intention to besmirch a popular if controversial public figure.

If you wish to remedy your contravention, i suggest you quantify your child-like statement with some actual facts of where, according to the topic in this thread, RB is full of it...show us exactly what Brand said in the posted video that you think is lies, incorrect or just plain BS?

You deny Governmental hypocrisy surrounding these issues?

You deny international arms sales?

You deny the creation and rise of radical violent extremism in the M.E. due to criminal and pervasive invasions of various M.E. and North African nations?

You deny the USA has had militaristic designs on Syria for some time?

You deny the USA, the UK and others have been openly funding extremists both within and outside of Syria, for the express purpose of ousting the Syrian Government by proxy?

There is a lot of BS thrown about in this topic, unfortunately, most of it is contained in pathetic, worthless posts like yours.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join