It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russel Brand: Tunisia attack minute of silence, minute of BS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ru ssell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as a 'minute of bulls**t'

Does that 1 minute of silence mean anything, or is it an empty futile gesture, part of a general policy of BS so that our government can continue selling arms around the world and perpetuating a cycle where its own needs are met at the expense of its own citizens lives.

I had to share this as I am sure it resonates with a lot of ATSers, although I'm surprised by the little coverage of these attacks on this site. (Maybe it just lost its shock value? are we beginning to numb?)

My personal opinion, he truly hit home this time, and thats why his comments have 'offended' many.
I don't usually agree with absolutely everything this guy says, but I always saw these minutes of silence rituals and politicians public statements as ridiculous hypocrisy, and here he explains it plainly how many feel about it.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Russel Brand has been talking so much truth that he's lost his mainstream celebrity status.

It happens every time a celeb gets an inside look at the shady goings-on behind the scenes and decides they're not willing to sell their soul for the almighty dollar. If they speak out they are ostracized, their character is assassinated, and sometimes they are killed. It usually means the death of their celebrity status and career regardless.

Dave Chapelle
Kat Williams
Tila Tequila
Michael Jackson
Paris Jackson
Randy Quaid
Martin Lawrence
etc.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Russell Brand is more full of # than a bag of ass holes.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I think in this case it's safe to say Hollywood wont be missing out. His previous comedy and acting skills weren't that great anyways.
Although if he does continue to speak out and calling out to people to wake up, I won't be too surprised something happens to him.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
He is spot on.

I'd love to ask David Cameron if we'll have a sanctioned minutes silence this August for the hundred thousand Afghans the British government murdered.

Not likely is it.

And what he said about selling arms, Russell mate, don't get yourself suicided for a lost cause.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
If anything comes out with an element of truth, it is swiftly stamped on, as an insult, a disgrace, not real, nonsense, conspiracy, even if, it is the essence or beginning of a profound real truth, to be explored, Just the mention of the name Jesus is a good example of this?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Ok, seems quite harsh but It's an opinion like any other, would you like to add why you feel that way?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Ad Hominem Fallacy & Avoid The Issue Fallacy...

Well done.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. Were getting use to the savagery

Took a long time even though its nothing new under the bloody sun but different bodies

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Protestors hurl insults at RB in London.

I don't have my nose in the politics of those of you in the UK because, well quite frankly it isn't any of my business and what ya'll do and fight over isn't any of my concern?

So can ya'll explain the video to me? He obviously has crossed the line of celebrity into politics?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

This was during the anti-austerity march a couple weeks ago in which he gave an appearance.
Many were upset at his apparent sudden support of Labour's Ed Milliband at the last election.
The way I understood that situation is that he realised that as usual the race was going to be between Labour or Conservatives, so he put his hopes on the lesser of two evils.
I agree that was a bit of a misstep for him and it lost him credibility.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
lost him credibility? is that even possible? i think that sort of problem has certain prerequisites he is missing.

then again; he's like a boil on the ass of the western world. one that needs to be lanced and debraded.
edit on 3-7-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
He's right. They could stop radicalised kids joining ISIS tomorrow if they wanted to by just coming out and admitting to how much money and resources they've been funnelling to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
If they speak out they are ostracized, their character is assassinated, and sometimes they are killed.

It will only be a matter of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't follow him nor are really familiar with him. But here he's right on. It should apply for other governments(such as my own-US) as well and in general. Maybe it will take the ones fighting against him, who may never change their tune, to bring more attention to the issue. Sadly, as mentioned, he be looked at for character death or literal.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
a reply to: seeker1963

This was during the anti-austerity march a couple weeks ago in which he gave an appearance.
Many were upset at his apparent sudden support of Labour's Ed Milliband at the last election.
The way I understood that situation is that he realised that as usual the race was going to be between Labour or Conservatives, so he put his hopes on the lesser of two evils.
I agree that was a bit of a misstep for him and it lost him credibility.

Okay, thanks for filling me in!

I didn't mean to come across like I don't care about ya'll across the pond, I do! I just don't feel it's right for me to stick my nose in your political mess, because God knows ain't a sane individual in the world that can understand the BS their OWN politicians are playing them let alone stick your nose in another countries problems?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Russel Brand has been talking so much

Why do some people think anything a "celebrity" says is worthwhile enough to start a thread about? The "celebrities" are only interested in getting their name/picture in the news, otherwise they would shrivel up.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Because more average people take heed when a celebrity speaks out.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Russell Brand is more full of # than a bag of ass holes.

This # right here... lol Enough said really.

This and the grassy knoll's shooter.... lol...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
for what it's worth I have followed RB and his trews
from the get go. I can assure you it's genuine and
not for personal gain or attention.He truly wants
a gov that represents people and not the current
oligarchy .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join