It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The list you should all look at before voting...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Not making any attempt to sway your opinions here. I do have an agenda. I shall not hide it from you. But this is what I want to happen, and will vote accordingly to this effect if at all humanely possible.

Term limits
No campaign funding from super pacs
Lower Taxes
Less government regulation
Protect the original Constitution
Stop Executive abuse of power
Return the gold standard
Control foreign spending and stop buying friends abroad
Stop militarizing law enforcement
Stop entitlement fraud
Control Emigration
Define and control our borders
Tax Mega churches
Make prisoners work at all levels
Fair trade with our friends, and NO trade with enemies
Control consumer credit
Forgive all school loans not held by the Government
Protect all children, feed and teach them to be healthy and wise
Stop all Racist activists, White Black and Brown. All of them......
Bring back the POPULAR VOTE!

I could go on here but that's what I'm looking for. Sadly I have one vote and these issues are not very popular with very many canidates this election... what do you want?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
Not making any attempt to sway your opinions here. I do have an agenda. I shall not hide it from you. But this is what I want to happen, and will vote accordingly to this effect if at all humanely possible.

Term limits
Lower Taxes
Return the gold standard
Stop entitlement fraud
Control Emigration
Tax Mega churches
Control consumer credit

I could go on here but that's what I'm looking for. Sadly I have one vote and these issues are not very popular with very many canidates this election... what do you want?

I like a lot of those. A few not very sure on the broadness.

-I don't mind the unlimited term on SCOTUS, even when I disagree with them.

-The original constitution was meant to grow. It is a living document. It was constructed for additions and interpretation on purpose.

-Entitlement fraud is a low percentage, I think too low to focus on.

-Prisoners should work at all levels if they are learning a skill and not working for a private prison's cash cow for pennies. I don't expect minimum wage, but more than 13 cent an hour. A couple of bucks an hours works for what they need to buy.

-The popular vote is not possible with our population and form of government.

edit on 3-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

I found a website that is quite comprehensive in matching you with someone. It is isidewith.com It asks you multiple choice questions on issues, 4 or the chance to choose form more or to add your own answer. It shows how each candidate answered the same question. It gives a % in regard to whom you agree with more, what states you would win in if running for office and a % in regard to your local area as to who you agree with in regard to fellow residents in general. I found it to be comprehensive and non partison.
edit on 3-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Reldra! That was some excellent points, One thing that stood out was the Constitution being a living Document, never thought of it like that. It doe's need to grow. But it needs to grow by the will of the people of this Country not executive order. Nothing good comes from Judges making laws, ever. The SCOTUS makes a law we all lose. We need to have better control of our future than that.

Profit Prisons are just money hungry corporations and should be shut down... They own more politicians than criminals

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Term limits
Lower Taxes
Return the gold standard
Stop entitlement fraud
Control Emigration
Tax Mega churches
Control consumer credit

My question, unrelated to the items on your list, is how many items will a candidate have to agree with you in order to earn your vote?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun
Get the lawyers out of the judicial and legislative arm and NO MORE AMMENDMENTS made to the Constitution 'living document'. Stop paying the Congress anything; let them be volunteer 'civil servants' as they used to be. Force SCOTUS to drop their current Fed health plan and join 'Obamacare' (as they voted it in); it doesn't cover dental; (hope they all already have dentures or healthy natural teeth).

edit on 3-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Term limits
Lower Taxes
Return the gold standard
Stop entitlement fraud
Control Emigration
Tax Mega churches
Control consumer credit

I reckon this is a better ideal to work towards.

the current arrangements of having a few hundred people rule the millions is extremely convenient for 1%. It far too easy for them to gain control of the few hundred through various means.

I prefer a situation where 'we the people' are the "Upper House' where the power of govt to make laws and take unilateral action that reduces peoples rights, privacy and choices, is largely curtailed.

Imagine as situation where important laws such as Obama care and the TPP could not become law until 'we the people' had given our assent to it through a referendum. Similarly, no govt could send troops into a theater of war without the peoples permission through a referendum.

It is not impossible to establish a criteria or a set of rules for determining which laws and international agreements cannot become law until 'we the people' have given our assent through a referendum.

new topics

top topics

join