It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Religion Failed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Nearly all of the spiritual texts teach the followers to love the traveler, the wanderer and the visitor. Instead of welcoming the alien into their homes the religious demanded from them a temple tax before even considering them as a friend.

The religious made rituals more important than welcoming the wanderer. If they would have been welcoming and loving, the wanderer would have followed their God. The God Noah, Zoaster, Abraham, Moses, Budah, Plato, Mohammed, Jesus, You and me.

Homer was right calling the religious the Cyclops, devouring mens flesh without ever loving them. The religious made rituals more important than love. Refusing to even talk with those who don't believe what they believe. The religious only see through the physical eye because they are bound by rituals.

Why would anyone want to join people who want to tax them without loving them first and last? The command was love first circumcision/baptism second.

If you would have spread love without demanding conversion, the alien would have been converted by your love. This is the promise that was made by the prophets. You failed to Love your brothers, the alien and the wanderer. There is only One God.

Isreal was selected to carry the law. Those obedient to Moses stand above because the law was a heavy burden. Those who spread Grace, spread a good message. Those who spread rituals, spread poison that seperates the hearts of men.

What good is a ritual if it doesn't separate you from sin? If the ritual doesn't t separate you from sin, then it inherently binds you to it.

We need to stop teaching our children that they are perpetually imperfect. We are born ignorant, we are not born perpetually imperfect.

Our ignorance causes us to listen to our lying conscious wich leads to suffering. Learn your suffering and you overcome your lying conscious. Knowledge overcomes all lies. The one who overcomes the lies is the one who defeats Satan.

The religious placed more faith in rituals then in love. Thus religion has been a failure.

Can we let go of religion so we can move on to ethical conduct without forcing anyone to convert? We can vote democratically and listen to the majority. We do not need religion, we need love and reason, but first we need love.

The light is within you. The church is the place we are supposed to go to share our light. Religion is where we have gone to loose it.

I don't find the contradictions in the texts that the men on the pulpit teach. What I find is the same message proclaiming that a piece of God lives in you. According to the prophets this piece of God is the internal voice of love and reason.

For the masculine a tempered love. For the feminine unbridled love. When the masculine and feminine are unified a perfect love can be established between them.

This is what I read. This is what I follow. I do not wish to lead a religion, I only wish to convince others to follow the piece of divine perfection within themselves.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

All of this assumes that religion had love as its original goal in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Great bait for the faithful.

You should type this up and send it to a Mullah with ISIS.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Religion failed for one simple reason. It's always about man's attempt to please God through the works of his flesh. God is only pleased in the works of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who paid the penalty of our sins on the cross. Believe in Christ, and God will be pleased with you on account of His Son who purchased us with His death to make us spotless in Him.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Religion failed for one simple reason. It's always about man's attempt to please God through the works of his flesh. God is only pleased in the works of His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, who paid the penalty of our sins on the cross. Believe in Christ, and God will be pleased with you on account of His Son who purchased us with His death to make us spotless in Him.

I may be a staunch atheist, but I have to say, you do a good job of cliff-noting the gospel, and other tenants of Christianity. It tells me you are well studied, and have a good grasp of the material. We might vehemently disagree, but this I respect about you.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I only wish to convince others to follow the piece of divine perfection within themselves.

It is not the religion that fails; it is the lies such as this that do.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of a photographer's portraits of 'travelers' that is on CNN - have a look at these youths, and let me know what you think. Would YOU take them in?

edition.cnn.com...

I see so much pain in their eyes, and it makes me want to take them under my wing -

Especially this one:

It makes me think of my son - I don't want kids to have such painful pasts. But then again, I have a very mushy spot for boys.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I only wish to convince others to follow the piece of divine perfection within themselves.

It is not the religion that fails; it is the lies such as this that do.

"ad hominem"

I believe that love and reason are devine and should be followed as such.

What do you think we should follow? It is possible for the atheist and existentialist to follow love and reason is it not?

Why do you put me down for considering those
things devine?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I would have loved Jesus to have been real and for what he said to be reality, a loving Father of Creation and all that. However, I know it is man made, all made up by humans, a myth like all the others. Religion is as Marx said, an opiate for the masses and a means of social control. Even Christianity was designed around a controlling priesthood, a Cabal parasite that fed on the masses. Now it is bankers who are the priests of a banking system that feeds off us all.

There is only one ruler and that is the universe and nature. Nature does not understand human suffering. Feelings and emotions have evolved as a means to keep us and the animals inspired to do what nature has always been doing. The universe is sensually dumb.

One thing I fail to understand is why the universe has let humans destroy everything. Well it has happened before a few times and I know nature will survive in some form even if humans commit species suicide.

I was just reading about the Pacific Islands and the nuclear waste time bomb ticking as a cracked dome waiting for a typhoon to dump all its 1950s nuclear toxicity into the Pacific. Everything tells me we have already destroyed ourselves. It is just a case of a lingering and gradual poisoning and extermination at our own hands.

"This is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, this is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper" (TS Eliot "The Hollow Men").

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

What can I say

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yes, I would take them in. They are a product of our current society. They are not the problem, but their faces scream "THERE IS A PROBLEM".

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73 I am Wiccan, we don't have a tithe. I don't think my religion has failed. Though I agree that in most regards, many have.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It failed because... it failed. It's a fact, it failed. Thousands of years of religion and we are still in the same mess. I wonder how can the word of god be so badly adapted to human ears and eyes ?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

I would have loved Jesus to have been real and for what he said to be reality, a loving Father of Creation and all that.

Jesus was an historical figure. I can't prove divine origins, but he did live.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Forget everything I just said and lets follow Heavenly. Beautiful, thank you for your contribution to this thread.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: Isurrender73 I am Wiccan, we don't have a tithe. I don't think my religion has failed. Though I agree that in most regards, many have.

Lol, it failed for me. I was Wiccan for quite a time, but it is just the same; a lot of man made rituals and belief in some made up goddess and a consort horned god, neither of which exist in reality.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

But love and reason do exist. Whether they are devine or not is up to you.

Either way I believe they are the greatest ideas man has ever had and think we should follow them.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Wow, that is a turn up for the books, a Wiccan speaking well of Christ.

Yep, I am sure he did exist and sure he was a very good man. He was a man of his time in a culture that had no scientific understanding like we have today. Still, what he preached did not come to pass. When I left Wicca I was a Christian for a long time. Nothing came of all my prayers; no healing, no materialising of the holy spirit, even though I went all the way to Israel and prayed at the wall and up on the mount of olives...if I am brutally honest zilch happened.

I've had enough of BELIEF. There are too many lies and myths, made up stuff. Reality is enough for me. I will not allow another man to feed me loads of bull that only confuses me.

Wicca is actually a nice religion, very natural and sensual. Enjoy it and have fun. At least it does not seek to dominate people and take their power away, quite the reverse actually.

Blessed be!

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: reldra

I was a Christian for a long time. Nothing came of all my prayers; no healing, no materialising of the holy spirit, even though I went all the way to Israel and prayed at the wall and up on the mount of olives...if I am brutally honest zilch happened.

I am sorry but, you really thought it would work just like that ? Like sending an email and waiting for a response ? And nothing came and that made you upset ?

But wait ! That's the solution, every religious person should think like you ! And just like you they would understand it is just fiction.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Wow. Glad to see another person who, I guess, experienced the same thing as I did when it came to being a Christian. I tried so hard for a long time to truly BELIEVE but that "connection" that people talk about just never happened for me.

I stopped trying when I was around 17. I'm 22 now. Luckily, I met two very intelligent and open minded people who really helped me see things for how they seem to be.

I have yet to find a religion that I can grasp onto so I prefer to just accept all of them. Because
in all honesty, no one knows what the bleep is going on.

a reply to: Revolution9

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join