It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone fancy an ATS investigation at Avebury(UK) Crop circles,UFO's,haunted pubs,stone circles?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Avebury UK if famous for it's crop circles and the area has a lot of UFO sightings.

The Villiage pub is known to be haunted and then there is the stone circle itself and other interesting mystical sites nearby including wayland smithy and west kennet long barrow and more.

Does anyone fancy getting together to "investigate" some of these phenomenon in the quest to deny ignorance?

It will not be easy though as due to the rural location we will need to camp on the ridgeway one of the few places left in the UK where you can camp for free, there may be others there including witches, wizzards, druids ect.

Some of the others there like to stay up late round the campfires drinking beer and discussing the mysteries of the universe and it would be rude to not indulge with this practice as a gesture of togetherness.

Anyone up for it?
edit on 3/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Avebury is very near me, a few miles and it is very fascinating. I am interested in there generally, and wouldn't mind being involved in some research about it, though much that has been written is either archaeological or subjective.

I like camping but super wary of camping with a bunch of strangers especially men, being a woman and all, but wouldn't mind the research part.

I have experienced a few things there, I would say things of other dimensions, so it is probably THE place in the UK for that sort of thing, though my experiences were when I wasn't looking for them.

I have seen a few groups there at night with cameras and tripods probably looking for the same thing.
edit on 3-7-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In my experience you don't investigate the paranormal, it investigates you. I never went looking for the things I've witnessed, I don't plan to start now.

But if you want investigation go film it and bring it, ATS does pretty well as is.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

No Idea how I managed to spell that wrong twice it's just down the road from me as well?

Understandable on the camping with a bunch of strangers from a conspiracy site I suppose.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Last time I went to Avebury I got lumbered with the mystical lost dog.

11:19am Mon 23 Jun 14
underterraingrunter says... A big thank you to all constables who helped safeguard the solstice events.
Inconsiderate parking and litter are the only problems I was aware of.
The lost dog at Avebury has been reunited with its owner after a day resting with vets in Devizes. Thank you to the National Trust staff who helped with that animal welfare issue.
m.dailyecho.co.uk...

She'd been wandering the site for hours desperately looking for her owner. She was an old dog and when she went down into the ditch she couldn't get back out. I caught her and helped her out of the ditch then spent hours trying to locate her owner. Nobody would help, except a guy called Angel. Police, National Trust and multiple dog owners all refused to help and left it to me. Just when it looked like I was going to miss my lift a wonderful and very capable young woman took her from me and persuaded the National Trust to take her. People who knew me were laughing and saying, "You always get stuck with the lost dog." It was a nightmare. As you can see I haven't yet recovered from the trauma.

While I love the mystical investigation side of things I despair at the 'I'm all right jack' attitude that see's an obviously suffering animal as someone else's problem. I couldn't even get any decent video because I had the frantic dog on a piece of string.

Maeve who must be obeyed told us to take bin bags and ashtrays. Respect for the environment is particularly important at a place like Avebury.

So yeah, I'd love to come, but I'd be glancing over my shoulder all the time in fear of 'The Lost Dog Of Avebury'.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I certainly wouldn't want to meet me based on what I've written here.
"Has anyone got any spray on black helicopter repellent?"

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I volunteer to investigate the haunted pubs. I promise I will be very thorough, provided someone will cover my "operating expenses."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

You could always pretend you were someone else if your worried?

I have no problems with you mate, never seen anything to cause concern.

If we do arrange to meet and camp I might do a little background check beforehand

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
I volunteer to investigate the haunted pubs. I promise I will be very thorough, provided someone will cover my "operating expenses."

I see you have seen that my idea has merit!

I thought we could ask skeptic overlord for a budget as we will need "supplies" for our investagative efforts and the amazing content we will provide for ATS be more than worth it

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I was mooching around in the area with some mates a few years ago and we found a glass pyramid in a field.

We were going to "investigate" and a black helicopter appeared and started circling around so we gave it a miss.

It's not just you that has spooks on your tail mate.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I can't pretend to be someone else. I have to be transparently me because of the complications swirling around this one. www.abovetopsecret.com...

The first time it became obvious we were a serious problem to the reputation of the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation a small plane did a circle and a half around our house lower than any plane had been before. Then two disguised drones went over. With the drones it was the same as with John Harris and the Buncefield Missile. I just got the impulse to step out of the door and look up. They flew straight overhead. With the plane I was in a stroppy mood at the time and I stared aggressively at it as it circled. Then I thought whoops, now they've got my aggressive face on every photograph. Perhaps I should have waved the teapot at them with a big inviting smile.

I assumed it was a private contractor who wouldn't know who the photographs were going to or why. I could only think they wanted precise details of our sheds, garden, general layout etc. so they could get in and search for the photographs, documents, letters, possible book being written etc. After that I had to play a very crazy game of playing off different agencies against each other. All while trying to maintain a normal family life. And all I ever wanted was a garden, workshop and some chickens.

Fortunately we have a number of very awkward connections and I've made sure to cultivate a whole lot more.

All of this means I have to be me all the time.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

This is why I think everyone should be striving to get top of the list. They have to run out of helicopters sometime. Unless they are being manifested by our expectations.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You will have to forgive me asking a direct question here but you have said before that you have had issues with black helicopters in the past and also had trouble in Austraila.

Just for my own peace of mind can I ask if you are currently in the UK?

I do not wish to sound nosey but you seem a little too similar to someone I know in real life.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Never been to Australia. I'm here in Gloucestershire. Australia came to me in a manner of speaking.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Thats a relief, you just seemed a little too similar to someone there for a moment.

More than happy to camp out look for aliens and sink a few beers if your up for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

The details are utterly crazy. You wouldn't believe it. But Google would back me up. Trouble is some of the involved parties would rather have forgotten the whole thing. Close relative said to me a while ago. "So you're getting censored on the internet?" "Yes" "I'M NOT EXPLETIVE SURPRISED!"

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I'm having difficulty committing myself to yes. I'll have to take a break from this.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Best of luck with this one chap.
I used to live nearby and we used to camp all along the ridgeway. Weyland Smithy is well worth a look but if you want to camp near its a bit windy. Lots of little hills etc to provide some cover.
Check out Wiltshire`s barrows as well some very odd things with no obvious reasons for why they are there.
Personally I dont believe in ghosts but there have been many stories told in the area....Why do tourist spots always have ghost stories...?
Given the amount of military sites in the area there is always something to see.

Bit of a trek but there is also the village of Lmber. Its open to the public now.
Plenty of odd stuff at Porton Down as well.....I miss Wiltshire, moonraker stories and some amazing people.

Let us know how you get on would be interested to hear.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shayhorse

I've lived just down the road for about 10 years now and have spent loads of time up there and all around the various sites.

I just thought it might be fun to see if anyone else was up for it, do a little mooching, look for some crop circles, take some vids and sink a few beers and then make a few threads about it afterwards.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This has been on my mind. I overheard a hushed conversation about something very similar a few years back. Not finding the item, making it. Then within a short space of time the little black helicopters were there. The connections, means of knowing, and nature of the helicopters is mysterious.
edit on 4 7 2015 by Kester because: remove word

<<   2 >>

join